Valentines Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentines Day
It's that time of year again folks.

Just when you thought you were bankrupted by Christmas, this ol' chestnut comes along slap-bang in the middle of February (next Thursday, in fact...)

So what's the most romantic gesture you have ever made and do you have any plans for this Valentines Day?

I'm still thinking of shoestring ideas for my Mrs. I would love to get engaged but I can't afford a sodding ring just yet. I had an idea of getting a jewellery box and just leaving an IOU note inside, but part of me thinks that might just be cruel!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Nothing this year. We are going on holiday in a few weeks so that's enough of a valentines present for her!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I don't buy into the whole 'have to spend shit loads of money on you to prove how much I love you' stuff, but we make sure we get each other a card because then you have a memory. We'll go for a meal (not on the actual day though, too expensive!) and spend time together Smile

Also, you could still propose with something like a toy ring. It's the proposal that counts, not the ring!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kim is right. Dum dum did it with a ring he made out of twin and earth lol. That way, you can both go shopping for a ring she will like and fits!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah what niall said, you can propose with a shit ring and say that you'll take her shopping so she can get one she really likes.
Thanks given by:
Pawn shop, second hand ring lol. 50% end in divorce so bound to be a few around that have been pawned.
Thanks given by:
Well ive just got with my new lady, and valentines is always busy everywhere and overpriced, and i start my new job on that day so im cooking a nice romantic meal Smile then were out at the weekend Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got our lass her provisional licence with some driving lessons
Thanks given by:
No plans this year, working away on the 14th anyway lol Took her for a meal at a bloody expensive (abiet very nice) resteraunt that cost me £££.££, Wasnt even drinking either.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Hotel for the night (didnt even pay for it was christmas present from mum)
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I think valentines day is a crock of...

Dont need one day of the year to sit elbow to elbow at restaurants, paying double the prices to show someone how you feel. You should be showing that every day of the year.

Only way shes getting a sniff of anything is if she is willing to partake in steak and blowjob day (should be mandatory on Sundays anyway TBH)
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Why have Valentine's day if you can have Ballantines day ? Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 06:13 PM)Grant Wrote: Dont need one day of the year to sit elbow to elbow at restaurants, paying double the prices to show someone how you feel. You should be showing that every day of the year.
My thoughts exactly!
Thanks given by:
we'll go for a meal or summit, she's due to give birth to our second son in the next 3 weeks so no drinking for her . . .save me a fortune! . . . .Winning . . .Cool
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 06:13 PM)Grant Wrote: Only way shes getting a sniff of anything is if she is willing to partake in steak and blowjob day

This
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 06:13 PM)Grant Wrote: I think valentines day is a crock of...

Dont need one day of the year to sit elbow to elbow at restaurants, paying double the prices to show someone how you feel. You should be showing that every day of the year.

Only way shes getting a sniff of anything is if she is willing to partake in steak and blowjob day (should be mandatory on Sundays anyway TBH)

Couldn't agree more with both statements.
Thanks given by:
last year we both booked the day off work and just spent the whole day having sexy time in a wide variety of places. both parties involved are satisfied and the day didn't cost me anything Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 06:20 PM)Scott Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 06:13 PM)Grant Wrote: Dont need one day of the year to sit elbow to elbow at restaurants, paying double the prices to show someone how you feel. You should be showing that every day of the year.
My thoughts exactly!

You did something similar our first Valentine's Day together though Tongue I just think it's a good excuse to forget everyone else and spend some quality time together.

Warning Grant- you can piss off that day, he's mine Big Grin
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Oc meet at Scott n Kim's next Thursday?
Thanks given by:
Well we've just paid holiday and got wedding next year and moving out all to save up for. So we decided I'm kicking me mother out (which will no doubt cost me!). Then me cooking something then watch a DVD with plenty of sexy time! Smile

Mrs don't really drink anyway so that's always a winner. She drives home I drink Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
She only gets valentines day if i get steak and blowjob day. only fair!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Valentines Day Plans? MY95 5 1,345 18-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Last Post: roland rat
  Valentines Day C.A.R. 23 4,385 11-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Moh
  Valentines day Niall 130 32,604 15-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim