(cold starts) the derv kind :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(cold starts) the derv kind :)
Wink 
hi been looking round and dont think theres been any threads on here about this subject so here goes want you all to show your vids of cold starts.

sorry if not in the right section feel free to move as required.

heres my contribution lazy bugger as usual never that keen on getting up earlyRofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9vf8-Mwp...e=youtu.be

ps i have a manual glow pluck switch left it on for a few seconds after start up and then turned it off you can hear her gettin rougher after i turn it off.
Thanks given by:
are any of your glow plugs actually working
Thanks given by:
Try a new set of plugs and/or advancing the timing slightly
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell, makes mine look pretty damn good actually! lol

Will get a video of mine tomorrow when I finish work, barely gets chance to warm up on the way to work in the morning, and it'll be too dark to be taking videos. She's still kinda lumpy when I finish work, so should demonstrate well I think!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dont get these dodgy cold starts and living with it....

3 main issues will cause rough starting...

air in fuel
duff battery
glowplugs(or relay)

maybe expensive to sort them but so worth it when its -5 and your running veg oil!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 07:38 PM)Jimbo Wrote: are any of your glow plugs actually working

couldnt tell ye but i know when i turn them on everything dims on the dash so somethings working

(06-02-2013, 08:44 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Bloody hell, makes mine look pretty damn good actually! lol

Will get a video of mine tomorrow when I finish work, barely gets chance to warm up on the way to work in the morning, and it'll be too dark to be taking videos. She's still kinda lumpy when I finish work, so should demonstrate well I think!

believe it or not my car still idles like that lopes and misses even when its up to temp drives fine so im not that worried just had a full service and cam belt also.

(06-02-2013, 07:39 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Try a new set of plugs and/or advancing the timing slightly

not sure its the plugs as car runs like this still when warm funny thing is when i turn on the heater plugs the loping and missing stops weird that i may try advancing the timing a little though to see if that helps its just getting to that dreaded bolt behind the pump lol.

ooooo and im running on derv not veg.
Thanks given by:
Fuckk me thats nowt haha il do a video of mine think i must be down to one plug tbh but full service and new plugs tomoz Wink
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 09:19 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Fuckk me thats nowt haha il do a video of mine think i must be down to one plug tbh but full service and new plugs tomoz Wink

be good to see one worse than mine Smile
Thanks given by:
Serious mate if i dont throttle her she dies and throws lots more out than you i think i may be down to one plug haha
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 09:46 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Serious mate if i dont throttle her she dies and throws lots more out than you i think i may be down to one plug haha

i have to give mine a little throttle to start afraid to give them a little rev when cold though as there very clattery it sounds painful lol
Thanks given by:
aye it is nothing compared to my old engine, when it started it hide my car and half our yard, took a good 2 minutes turning to get it going, but ran fine when warm Big Grin

im pretty sure i had no heater plugs working but, and think i was abit low on compression on a couple of cylinders
Thanks given by:
My record is 25 mins cranking (with short pauses to save starter) to get mine started last winter. Cable tied van battery ftw! Don't think it had any glow tips left..
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Mine isnt too advanced tbh but it kinda bogs out if i giv too much fuel but no knocking, may be able to run a tsd more advance but im happy how it is new plugs shud sort her right out Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice to know it's not just me that's really lazy at changing glow plugs! lol
Thanks given by:
Well it started just like yours and not worse this morning just my luck lol plugs r goin in today wooo lol
Thanks given by:
I thought that's just what xud's did anyway lol
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 09:17 AM)Birk Wrote: I thought that's just what xud's did anyway lol

this^^^^ . . .meh just slightly worse than mine, i do run veg though . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 06:39 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Nice to know it's not just me that's really lazy at changing glow plugs! lol

That was my problem, I put a set in and they last a couple weeks at most, and just couldn't be assed changing them again
Thanks given by:
Mine was a git like this.

Just gave her a new Bosch battery and duraterm's seems like a whole new car.My car had johnny no brand plugs in it from the previous owner(s).plug 2 and 3 were dead.

The plug second from the right was seized, 3 hours to get the foocker out lol.

You could have a dead glow plug.Test them using jump leads and a 12v battery.

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You guys ain't seen nothing, I'll grab a video of the 205 tomorrow!

Extremely epic for the wrong reasons! >_<
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Anyone heat the car twice? I heard this was bad for the heater plugs though?
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 04:29 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Anyone heat the car twice? I heard this was bad for the heater plugs though?

not sure about this but i have my heater plugs wired up manually to a switch inside the car sometimes i even forget to turn them off they still seem to be working so i doubt heating them twice would do any harm.
Thanks given by:
Did a cold(ish) start this eve.

Not been started for a few weeks

http://youtu.be/-YUqFJYvqKw
Thanks given by:
youve got a 309?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how have i not seen it before.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
think i seen a video of this thing on youtube in action before sounds wellSmile

nice cold start she is a little lumpy like mine also why the engine change?
Thanks given by:
how does all yours start so bad? lol even when i was on veg i would start with one heat cycle and was lumpy for like first 5-10 secs if that lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 08:14 AM)jpderv Wrote: think i seen a video of this thing on youtube in action before sounds wellSmile

nice cold start she is a little lumpy like mine also why the engine change?

This was always going to be a test engine whilst I had one fully rebuilt
Thanks given by:
Er...

http://youtu.be/MegWGbf5CpU
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Heres mine:

Not the worst start ever, but its never usually MUCH worse than that. After a good hard rev, she's usually fine. As you can see in the above vid. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
good battery and dead glowplugs lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkjtdAkxMco
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD9 starts but dies in 2 seconds Robert Gladh 7 3,003 09-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Robert Gladh
  Blue smoke on starts (help) phillf 17 6,419 05-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Cut out, it starts but wont rev, loads of smoke Adam.M.Penny 25 7,312 07-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Adam.M.Penny