Peugeot 306 1.4 LX Venetian Green Modding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 1.4 LX Venetian Green Modding
Decided to start a project thread for my car, will be getting photos of what I've done so far up in the next few days. Pretty standard for now, but will get progressively less so. Haven't had the money to do very much so far, had to fork out for new head gasket and timing belt.

What I have planned:

Lowered
Mudflaps
Wheels sorted (rollin on steelies)
Wind deflectors
Sun strip (getting done soon)
Dent removed from front right quarter panel
Bumpers resprayed to fix scratch damage
Windows tinted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Awwww its so cute!!

Has every 306 1.4 had the headgasket go?! seem worse than kseries rovers!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My 1st 306 was a 1.4 and the head gasket did go
Thanks given by:
I know its like a 1.5hr job...but still sucks
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
how low is it going?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2013, 07:59 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Awwww its so cute!!

Has every 306 1.4 had the headgasket go?! seem worse than kseries rovers!

It would appear so, mine was quite bad, there were big holes in the gasket, surprised it hadn't blown up! Needed sent off to be welded and then skimmed. Was my uncle doing it, so got family rates on it.

(06-03-2013, 04:42 PM)karl1989 Wrote: how low is it going?

Only going to drop her 40mm all round, really just to remove the majority of arch gap. Want to still be able to get people of the older variety in, which is even difficult atm!
Thanks given by:
least you not putting it on the bump stops Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
you need some rims mate!!!
FYI...I have two sets for sale Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2013, 09:23 PM)karl1989 Wrote: least you not putting it on the bump stops Smile
With the amount of speed bumps around here, I wouldn't get very far! Plus, she goes lower on a full load, so leave some room for heavy weight. ie when towing a trailer.

(06-03-2013, 09:28 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: you need some rims mate!!!
FYI...I have two sets for sale Wink
I'd thought about alloys, but definitely don't have the money for em. So I took off the wheel trims cus they were tatty as frig. Gonna clean up the steelies underneath, sand and respray them black and fit em again. Maybe chuck some spacers on the back to fill the arch a bit better! All down to money sadly...
Thanks given by:
So finally got the photos of the different things I've done off my phone and onto the computer. (iPhone was broke for two weeks, back in action now)

Probably start with the steed that I used to drive, the beast that was:
[img][Image: photo_zps151f96e4.jpg][/img]
She may be purple, a Ford AND a Ka, but she got me from A to B and allowed me the ability to buy a 306. Smile

Onto the next thing, first problem encountered when I bought my 306; head gasket.
[img][Image: photo1_zps73ca39ed.jpg][/img]
She was a wee bit rusted, just about to go properly and wreck the whole engine!

I then went and put all the effort into doing the bulbs, the fog lights to be precise. (Anyone who has done this should know how much of a pain it is!) However, she looks sweet afterwards!
[img][Image: photo3_zps2a579e4a.jpg][/img]

And then onto the Sidelights, LED of course!
[img][Image: photo4_zps4a3ee11b.jpg][/img]

I will continue the rest of this later on, heading out for the night!

Now for the speaker set up! Had an issue where my drivers door speaker wasn't working. Quickly found out why:
[img][Image: MissingSpeaker_zps45894cce.jpg][/img]

But that issue was easily rectified by installing a new set of 6.5 inch speakers, as the other one was a tad burnt out...and the new ones were a bit bigger.
[img][Image: Speakersize_zpsd8e65de9.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: Doorcardsout_zpsd953331f.jpg][/img]

And of course it was a stealth fit!
[Image: Stealthfit_zps21d34583.jpg]

Then came changing out the speakers in the rear shelf for something with a bit more go...

[img][Image: 6x9inshelf_zps8b068057.jpg][/img]

[Image: wiringandsize_zpsa64f5b7e.jpg]

The best part has to be the Genuine New Holland Tractor Cable Clips used to keep the wiring tidy. FarmSPEC.

Sticking to the rear, found another common fault, that was more extreme than I thought, water coming up from the rear wheel well and rusting away at the metal in the boot arch...big hole that was 'fixed' by the guys I bought it off. (Just covered over with the seatbelt barely attached Angry )
[img][Image: Hole_zps1f637656.jpg][/img]
Covered it up temporarily to stop water getting into my boot.
[img][Image: photo2_zpsa3c7a9f6.jpg][/img]

Then onto the most recent addition, my first attempt at fitting a sunstrip. Never again will I try it in 2 degree weather, and also windy. Ruined the whole thing, crinkled and all. But gave me an idea of how she'll look when I do it properly!

[img][Image: photo10_zps22a9202e.jpg][/img]

Not even or straight at all cus I had to do it in two bits cus of my auto wipers sensor. Half decent for a first attempt tho!

Hopefully getting the hole fixed tomorrow.
Thanks given by: