More stripping best way of removing bitumen?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More stripping best way of removing bitumen?
ive removed the dashboard yesterday and now thinking of removing the frontcarpetpiece , some sounddeadening that is behind the dash.

Heres come, what is the best way to remove the deadening/bitumen (dont know how you call this stuff in english) that is on the carsfloor underneath where the seats are.

some use a heatgun, some use ice...

What youre looking at in time to get this shit removed and have a nice clean floor???

any help, input would be great, thankyou

[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i use an air chisel and either thinners or acetone to remove the residue left over.

depends if your going to respray the area after aswel because then you could use a combination of air chisel, drill wire brushes and angle grinder flap discs to remove absolutly all of it (including the paint)

i think you should remove the paint and respray the interior the same gloss black as the exterior of the car, would look mint then Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I was stripping a car yesterday and there was nothing under the seats and carpet. So I have ripped the carpet and crap out with by cutting it with a knife.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm i dont have an air chisel..

im commited to a few hours of labour, but i just dont want to start something i later on hate finishing with being worse then being raped in the arse... if you know what i mean Wink

What do i use in first to get the crap off? heatgun?
Thanks given by:
Yea heat is always a good place to start.
Thanks given by:
Ill have a look today.... :S
Thanks given by:
id reccommend buying an air chisel, makes it about 100x easier, you can pick up a genuine sealey one over here for less than £20 so im sure its not going to affect your budget haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Biodiesel seems to have done a good job of turning mine to mush
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hmm

Air chisel work with compressors right? ive got a huge compressor in the barn but that one is f*cked

Biodiesel.... hmm, ive also heard people using ice, freeze is and it comes of with nice big chunks...

Although i think i cant be bother to do these now, im just gonna remove the front carpetpiece also and spray the bitumen black, nice project for next winter Wink
Theres still a hell of work to do....

thankyou all for your replies
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stripping front carpet impotentials 10 2,910 30-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Last Post: impotentials
  Stripping Front Seat ct-hdi 6 1,285 25-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  stripping the car ? jjenn20 8 1,673 14-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum