Project sensible take 103

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project sensible take 103
was tempted buy the seats you have mate bit more temped by the shocks and springs you got?
Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Have you ever driven a car on cheap coilies? Say goodbye to your spinal column lol, would go for the shocks and springs myself. Especially if your missus ever has to get in the car too and you don't want instant earache every time. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So what's new on the estate project?
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
I lost count on how many 306's you've had so far.
Thanks given by:
so you're the guy that buys all the 306's and is the reason I can't find any round here lol
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Soooooo Project sensible is buying a new 306 every month and never really finishing one.

I like your logic Big Grin !!
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 01:28 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Soooooo Project sensible is buying a new 306 every month and never really finishing one.

I like your logic Big Grin !!

I cant even work out which of the cars in the thread is the actual project haha
Thanks given by:
lol it's back

the estate was to sensible and had a few problems so moved it

after putting the 1st project sensable up for sale then deciding to braking it.. wile waiting for some parts to turn up for my discovery as i had all my tools out i set about taking the engine out after a hour of every thing coming undone with nothing snappingthe old engine was out i thought so it i'll get it done the only thing that has broken is my camera! so pics will be slow!

but up date is the old engine is out and it is impressively fubarbed (will get pic when i can)
replacemnt engine is in front of the car with the timing locked off ready for new cambelt etc to go one just trying to find out if i can get a water pump with a metal propeller (after building/playing bmw's lurnt plastic ones are rubbish)

so following the flock and its been tried and tested i'm going to go down the tdo4 road replacement engine is out of a older car so has bosh pump already on it Smile

at the moment i have a 1.2 P reg corsa that is getting used as a small tip run van/to and from work car so need to get the pug done!

adam i haven't bought any peugeot 306s in the last 3 months so maybe you will have better luck finding one?
i am down to just one 306 now wont bore you all with the new cars on the fleet since i last updated this build Blush

so pics to come when i sort a new camera out

also whats the best value clutch kit? as why the engine is out rude not to put a new one in it
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 08:16 PM)maxlee Wrote: also whats the best value clutch kit? as why the engine is out rude not to put a new one in it

I run a genuine valeo in mine for the vnt. think Ruan ran somewhere around 300 lbft on his before it slipped.
Thanks given by:
thanks mate i'll look in to them just put one of there clutches in my discovery

here is 2 pics of the old engine to show that i am working on it Smile

[Image: 1174791_558656487532840_168422848_n.jpg]

[Image: 1395844_558656490866173_2054728426_n.jpg]
this mod keeps the oil temps low
Thanks given by:
thats quite impressive!
Thanks given by:
also cracked/took a chunk out the starter motor and broke one of the bolt holes on the box

seals ordered for the pump today Smile
Thanks given by:
f*ck ME!!!! that is one hell of a hole, think thats got to be the best one iv seen yet from an XUD

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
sill kit arrived for the pump so thats coming off and going to my diesel fitter friend only wanted one seal doing said he'll do the hole pump worth buying a ground lda pin?

holey engine is in the back of a clio to add some KG's for over the bridge so by sataday i'll be anther 2 cars down Smile
Thanks given by:
love a diablo dturb Smile
Thanks given by:
went to take pump off undone the 3 bolts turned the pump to get to the bolt at the back easyer to find out one of the mounts/pump casing is cracked so i did what i normaly do and go buy another 306 Blush i have looooooooads of tip runs to do etc so picked up a tatty hdi estate the 1st car is now going to get broken up and go in the bin.

i'll do a little project topic on the estate at some point (noting to exciting tho)
Thanks given by:
so up date time

so after finding bosh pump was nackered

on the hunt on ebay i found a 306 local went to get that for a engine as its all there quick swap over on a weekend and be on the road.. got talking to the guy turns out his mum has had if from new and kept it serviced etc as she had never had a new car then gave it to him he had it for a year then got a newer car. so picked it up
drove it home Monday (drove well)

put it in the garden looked at the 2 door and thought "when the fook am i going to get time in the next month to do this really?"

so today (Thursday after a few little jobs the 4 door is moted ready for me to tax 2 door ones getting broken up used as a metal skip and wayed in
sorted...
so pics of project not sensible at all any more after god nose how many pugs and different plans Blush(pics are when i got it)

[Image: CIMG9984_zps2a6ea72b.jpg]

[Image: CIMG9986_zps0843b975.jpg]

[Image: CIMG9983_zpsa04e45c4.jpg]

[Image: CIMG9985_zps1561a63b.jpg]
i wont bother with plans i'll just update when things get done lol

heater blower needs sorting for sure
Thanks given by:
Awesome block hole! Never seen one there before!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
its ok i deleted that didn't want to start a new trend and the price of gaffer tap going up costing me more to fix my discovery then it already dose

shown here

[Image: 1555581_609673949097760_1263296929_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so far

done wheel bearing on the rear, sorted out heater blower, sorted out passengers door catch and refitted door card, removed wood trim and will be replacing with silver stuff
also nicked fuse cover and odds and sods from the 2 door ex project to tart it up a little.

should be on the road end of the week Smile
picking up new tire on wheel tomorrow, misses brought me back some mdf off cuts today from work 2day Wink
Thanks given by: