Newbie From Glasgow, Need A Bit Of Help Too !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie From Glasgow, Need A Bit Of Help Too !
Alright guys,

Just joined the forum as I've had my little 306 for around 6 months now and this site seems handy for any niggles i have with the car.

Wee bit about me i suppose. Names Chris, 21 years young and I'm a gunner in the Royal Navy (not for much longer as i leave in April)

Bought a 306 1.9Td as a daily diesel for work and that as I have another car, I also own a Toyota Glanza which is away being built at the moment, Forged engine, Ecu, Brakes and loads of other stuff.

About the 306 then

1997 Model ® (not sure if this is phase 1 or 2?)
Now has 69,000 on the clock
Burgundy Red.
Got her for a small £600 Tax'd and Tested, great car for the price !

Dont know much more about them TBH. But im willing to learn as and when i need to Big Grin, Really happy with the little tractor as i get around 100 miles to £10, and its silly comfy

Few problems I have with the car are as follows (I put them in this to save the hassle of 3/4/5 different posts or watever, hopes the mods are ok with this)

Problem 1 - Leaking from interior light, done some researching and found it could either be the aerial or sunroof drains clogged, i know how to fix it so ill tackle that tomorow, any additional tips would be great though

Problem 2 - Rev counter doesnt work ? is this just a fuse ? on the odd occasion it will work and then, after a few miles just rests at 0 again ?

Problem 3 - Radiator leak ? mechanic said the other week when i had her in for the mot it was an advisory that it was leeking (think he said from one of the corners but not entirely sure) Could it be the bottom rad hose pipe or actually the rad ? would a sort of paste jobby you can get from halfrauds fix this ?

Problem 4 - When i was away last i have came back and because the battery has died the radio thinks its been nicked, how do i find out the code dont have the book with it in it ?

Problem 5 Central locking doesnt work ? battery in the key ? or could the reciever be damaged due to the water coming through as mentioned in problem one ?

Problem 6 - Heaters only work on 2nd setting out of 4 ? no idea haha 1

Any help on this is much appreciated and sorry for the big list of problems not really problems just little things, Again cheers for any help in advance !

Chris.
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Some simples fix's there

Rad I would think some putty would work if its not a big leak ye.

Locking is likely to be due to water damage on reciever like you said yes have seen this before

The rest I'm not too sure about electrical wise I'm afraid

Where in Glasgow are you? I am up here for work for awhile Smile
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Nah its not needs topping up maybe once a week so ill fire some putty in Smile
ahh ok Sad just means i need to key lock it Sad battery could be worth a try ? ill try both keys and see if it works, as the central locking controlls the immoboliser too

no worries mate cheers for those replys anyway cross them off Tongue

and i stay in the east end a place called eastehouse where and what you working on ?

cheers,chris
Thanks given by:
Speedo sounds to be a faulty sender on the gearbox if it works then stops.

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Working in Govan on the Underground Repainting the trains. Stay just down the road at the Etap on the Quay if your ever local

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Ahhh right thats wherey dad grew up its lovely isnt it :p haha

Ok mate ill have a check ! Cheers
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 09:59 PM)Chris_GlanzaV98 Wrote: Alright guys,

Just joined the forum as I've had my little 306 for around 6 months now and this site seems handy for any niggles i have with the car.

Wee bit about me i suppose. Names Chris, 21 years young and I'm a gunner in the Royal Navy (not for much longer as i leave in April)

Bought a 306 1.9Td as a daily diesel for work and that as I have another car, I also own a Toyota Glanza which is away being built at the moment, Forged engine, Ecu, Brakes and loads of other stuff.

About the 306 then

1997 Model ® (not sure if this is phase 1 or 2?)
Now has 69,000 on the clock
Burgundy Red.
Got her for a small £600 Tax'd and Tested, great car for the price !

Dont know much more about them TBH. But im willing to learn as and when i need to Big Grin, Really happy with the little tractor as i get around 100 miles to £10, and its silly comfy

Few problems I have with the car are as follows (I put them in this to save the hassle of 3/4/5 different posts or watever, hopes the mods are ok with this)

Problem 1 - Leaking from interior light, done some researching and found it could either be the aerial or sunroof drains clogged, i know how to fix it so ill tackle that tomorow, any additional tips would be great though - aerial.

Problem 2 - Rev counter doesnt work ? is this just a fuse ? on the odd occasion it will work and then, after a few miles just rests at 0 again ? Sensor on hear box, possible new clocks.

Problem 3 - Radiator leak ? mechanic said the other week when i had her in for the mot it was an advisory that it was leeking (think he said from one of the corners but not entirely sure) Could it be the bottom rad hose pipe or actually the rad ? would a sort of paste jobby you can get from halfrauds fix this ? Rad weld... Or I have a rad at mine you could buy.

Problem 4 - When i was away last i have came back and because the battery has died the radio thinks its been nicked, how do i find out the code dont have the book with it in it ? Think there maybe a way online to get the code. But just buy a nice aftermarket.

Problem 5 Central locking doesnt work ? battery in the key ? or could the reciever be damaged due to the water coming through as mentioned in problem one ?
Try battery first then resync the keys.

Problem 6 - Heaters only work on 2nd setting out of 4 ? no idea haha 1 - try new heater controll.

Any help on this is much appreciated and sorry for the big list of problems not really problems just little things, Again cheers for any help in advance !

Chris.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ian from Glasgow with the Diablo Red 6 MisterGTR 25 3,029 06-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR