APR head bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APR head bolts
Do apr do head bolts for a xud or can you get them made, cant find them on there website

Cheers sam
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cant remember off the top of my head which studs you need, but its off another peugeot engine that uses similar sized studs thaat you fit spacers too.

i have a set of forged studs waiting to go on Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I spoke to colin at pug performance a while back, he built a 200hp dt on a lucas pump for a guy back in the day called bruse morris (owner of devils own meth injection) he used a set of 1.6 205 gti head bolts on it worked the same but they wernt as good as uprated ones but bruse wouldnt tell me what they were
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 09:00 PM)sam Wrote: I spoke to colin at pug performance a while back, he built a 200hp dt on a lucas pump for a guy back in the day called bruse morris (owner of devils own meth injection) he used a set of 1.6 205 gti head bolts on it worked the same but they wernt as good as uprated ones but bruse wouldnt tell me what they were

1.6 205 gti arp studs with spacers to fit xud? sounds about right
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
ARP don't specifically make a set for an XUD9...

You can get them out of a XU9JA or XU5, but do NOT fit as standard, they will require custom spacers - you've just got to make 10000% sure that the spacers aren't going to be softer than the stud, or you'll just crush them...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I was just gonna make a thread asking the same thing, I need to get some decent bolts by Monday as I'm having the HG done, where can I get a set of uprated bolts for the Dturbo?
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
Thanks given by:
I'm interested in this subject aswell.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
There is plenty of places that will make them for you in hi'-tensile. Gooooooogle that shit.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
there was a group buy on these a while ago, look through the appropriate section as i cant be bothered Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'll leave that to Sam to search lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
i would also be interested in a set
Thanks given by:
Remember theyre not just high tensile, its all about the heat treatment they undergo, also you cannot cut the threads, they must be rolled on as you seriously weaken the threads when cut vs rolled... You significantly increase strength with rolled threads, you'll probably pull the threads off the stud if they're not rolled...

There's a great article on head studs somewhere explaining about the heat treatment process and why solid studs are a worse design, but solve a lot of the problems that we get with high cylinder pressure...

Fastners are an incredibly complex art, not just any old bolt that's strong...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I would deffo be interested in a set for my 2.1 if they were available
Thanks given by:
Has anyone made any further in roads into uprated studs for the XUD engine's.

I know there are a number of people who would be interested in reducing the chance of problems with this on their engines.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head bolts brad306 4 899 08-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Ben