Gearbox & engine oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox & engine oil
Hi all.
Finally got my xud on the road, im just wondering what is the best, gearbox & engine oil to use, no expense spared.
Had a quick look via the search and couldnt really find what i was looking for.

Also am i right in thinking the oil pressure sender in which i T into, for oil pressure gauge is between the 2 oil to water takeoff hoses?
Many thanks
Mike
Thanks given by:
nah the pressure sensor is about half way up the block on the left hand side as you look from the front, its a green plug on a green wire iirc and it screws straight into the block.

As for oil the pug recommended total stuff is good for the money both engine and gear oil.
Thanks given by:
i use castrol magnatec 10w 40 but don't know how good it is
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 08:49 PM)snooker147 Wrote: i use castrol magnatec 10w 40 but don't know how good it is

I wouldn't bother with castrol fella far better oils out there for less money and in gallon containers! Millers xfd takes some beating for the money!
Thanks given by:
i always get it on offer £16.13p on amazon and halfords £17.50 how do people decide which is a bettter oil lol
Thanks given by:
All depends on the chemical packages the manufacture adds! I've changed over to fully synthetic after taking the sump off and finding the bottom end clean enough to eat your dinner off very unusual for a high mileage derv!
Thanks given by:
i would avoid fuchs oils in dturbos. they just dont seem to like it for some reason. always breaks the oil pump
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Total oil is what pug recommends.
Whichever they recmmend for gearbox is what id go for.
iirc they recommend quarts 7000 for xuds(possibly even 5000) id go for quartz 9000 for total protection
Thanks given by:
Any decent 10w40 oil will be fine for the engine and for gearbox you want 75w90 I think if I remember correctly
Thanks given by:
Gulf Competition in the motor, and genuine pug in the tranny, best combo I ever found.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Mike get genuine pug gearbox oil mate not expensive around £12 from dealers Wink

Thanks given by:
Cheers everyone!! Sorted it now!
Thanks very much!
Thanks given by: