Battery Relocation kit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Relocation kit
Can people please post up how they have relocated there battery. I have fitting a kit i got but its to short and ends under the back seats.

Also if i have the wires jointed into a box on the bulkhead the wire from the alternator does not reach. Plus the original has a battery clamp on the end so how do people join this to wire they go tho the car with?

Getting sick of everything going f*cking wrong atm nothing seems to work or fit right Angry
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
its definatly worth buying several meters of decent quaity armoured battery cable. i run mine from the box in the bootfloor along the edge of the boot, along the sill on the passenger side inside the car, under the dash where i drilled a hole in the bulkhead to come out under the scuttle tray, then another hole through the firewall into the engine bay where i run it to the original location to join everything up as standard. il be adding an isolation and battery cutoff switch to mine soon
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
its cheaper to buy the wire by the mtr on the bay and buy the fittings you need!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As said, Some good quality wire and crimps to match, Don;t forget a lead acid battery in the car really should be sealed and vented outside, Dry lead acid batteries don't need this thou which is why I always use them for inside.
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VW...mepage.php is a good source of parts
Thanks given by:
most standard car batteries have a small vent hole on the side at the top which you can connect a rubber hose to to vent the gasses which you could easily just put outside the car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what thickness cable is ok for battery relocation HDIkyle 20 6,928 21-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Battery relocation Nathan1305 6 1,417 23-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,872 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K