Battery relocation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery relocation
Will be doing a battery relocation on my 106 at some point so just after some pointers and a kind of list of what's needed. I found this guid whilst googling about it. Is this what I'll need and how I should do it?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334161

Thanks guys Smile 
Thanks given by:
Why he's used amp cable i don't know. That would of cost so much more than the proper cable.
About 5m of 25mm2 battery cable in red and 500mm of the same in black for your earth. Earth your engine earth properly to the body near where the old battery was (just chop the battery neg connector off, get a proper ring connector on there and earth it)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Nathan1305
Thanks Niall always a great help Smile so this guid should be a good base to go off, just change the cable for the proper one 
Thanks given by:
I got my live from a bmw 328 at the scrappy, cost a fiver. Then earthed as Nial says.
Just make sure your connections are good and it will work fine Smile
I also used the standard battery tray and bolted it down to the boot floor Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
This is how it's done, then you can put the battery back in the bay when you sell it and want to keep your relocation kit!

Couple of washers, a random bolt and a nut to go over the end, join your battery terminal to a wire and run to boot. Wink

[Image: IMG_2309_zps7de3c0f6.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
rough job trent! at least use a EXHAUST MOUNTING BOBBIN RUBBER then you can bolt one end down and the insulated end can be used as the Positive joint stops things flapping around and causing problems later

[attachment=20747]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Or just use a f*ck off huge Wago. Would be much safer lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what thickness cable is ok for battery relocation HDIkyle 20 6,910 21-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,822 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K
  Battery relocation padge 3 1,415 02-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Last Post: padge