speaker wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speaker wiring
Sad 
right this is a new one i cant find anything on it the other day i started the engine and the radio came up saying code. was working fine previous to this i have today gone to put a cd player in it powers up fine but no sound to the speakers. If i connect a wire direct from the head unit to the speaker it works so the issue is not the head unit can anyone shed some light on this as its all the speakers that are not working. the drivers door loom is broken on several wires some of which being the speaker wires im guessing as the drivers speaker has never worked.
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Well there you go then? Looms broken lol
If the wires are broken of course the speakers won't work
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But it's only the drivers loom that's broken why would non of the speakers work
Thanks given by:
facepalm.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is that aimed at me ?
Thanks given by:
The loom wont be helping so get that fixed. And its possible that the broken wires have shorted the head unit. I know mine had a PROTECT mode when i accidently put a screw through the positive and shorted it. Just check all your wiring and try disconnecting your battery or refitting your head unit as it probably needs resetting to get out of protect made (if its in protect mode).
Thanks given by:
Ill try that and ill get the loom sorted as soon as I can when its mot raining lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door speaker Mark54 5 1,347 14-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Only one speaker working?? Damo 4 1,409 25-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Pug0BZ3011