Saxo vts but with 6 gears?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saxo vts but with 6 gears?
Thats what im convince n him todo but hes deturmind to put a 6 lump in it
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ask him to get In touch with a company
called Cituning or ecosse and they will persuade him otherwise :-) No better sound that ITB'S !!!! :-p
Thanks given by:
I agree, well half that still live the sound of a turbo coming on boost and then dumping it thats sounds emence haha
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The 1.6 16v is SO easy to turbo it's unreal.

Have you seen the stock JP4 exhaust manifold!!! It's just ASKING for an adapter plate for a turbo!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 08:10 AM)Ruan Wrote: The 1.6 16v is SO easy to turbo it's unreal.

Have you seen the stock JP4 exhaust manifold!!! It's just ASKING for an adapter plate for a turbo!!!

Ruan, I have a tu5jp4 206 with a fkd gearbox laying about. I have been looking into mega squirt and bolting the gt2259s onto. Maybe a td04/5. Do you think it could make 300bhp on standard block? Was going to flog it for peanuts otherwise..
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:

Too true! Hmmm maybe bang one of them into a 6 instead of that heavy old 6 lump lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
the 1.6 16v lump isn't much lighter than a stock '6 lump niall, although you'd have a massive amount more bay room with the 1.6
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 06:34 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: the 1.6 16v lump isn't much lighter than a stock '6 lump niall, although you'd have a massive amount more bay room with the 1.6

Yeah for several massive turbos? And it is a fair bit lighter!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I believe its heavier than the 1.8? But I could be chatting shit.. But yeah, I'd love a 1.6 16v turbo lump in a 6, I've thought about using the 1.6 thp lump from the 207.. With a bigger blower you'd see well over 200hp and it'd do 50mpg if you used the ones out of the rcz but they'd be a massive amount more expensive
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The one In the RCZ is identical except for the mounting points I believe. Just a different map. I thought about using a thp lump as apparently they have a lot of potential but seeing as they are quite new, they are a few grand normally!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 10:49 PM)n0v0s Wrote:

Ruan, I have a tu5jp4 206 with a fkd gearbox laying about. I have been looking into mega squirt and bolting the gt2259s onto. Maybe a td04/5. Do you think it could make 300bhp on standard block? Was going to flog it for peanuts otherwise..

Standard issue JP4 with a f*cked MA box...

Easily doable man, the usual problem is the pistons, but I rekon rip off the head, get the pistons in a lathe and take a bit off to drop the CR and you'd be laughing...

If you can get a set of J4 cams out of a 106 GTi and put them in the JP4 head, then you get the high lift J4 cams and the big valvetingz of the JP4 head...

Though I do hear valve springs are also an issue in them, but give it a go first, keep it under 7.5k or so, I rekon you'd see 250hp at sub 12lbs of boost if it's efficient enough, course that depends on the CR.

Only issue is the inlet manifold as it's plastic... You'd need to convert to a J4 cable setup as the JP4 is a flybywire POS. But I rekon a J4 manifold with a ratchet strap around it to hold it together and you'd be laughing Wink

With regards to the EP6 engine, management will be your problem, they're MED9 iirc as standard which aren't easy to map and I've not seen one yet that has been transplanted. Not many management systems sub £1k that'll do DI petrols.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Sikkk Sounds good! Will get some quotes on a 2nd car and see where it goes..

I was considering saving for an m3 next yr but fk that, I want to build a 2nd project car, something rapid and fun. Has to be a turby petrol hatch. The mega squirt imported from the states is decent value, around £200 i think?, and so I'm tempted to get one. seeing as i already have the 206 - its an ideal car to try to get to grips with ms on. With view to move onto a 6pot m52 Beemer in future.

The ma box is absolute bollocks but was to be expected as I pretty much bounced it off the limiter for 10k miles. That's the other problem, Id have to convert to a picasso be. bit of a faff. Same with dropping compression. I think i would try my luck on the standard engine with a thicker gasket if it worked. Engines a minter, only covered 50k. We've had it for nearly 7yrs. Been stood for 2 now. Bet all the bushes are forked! Slammed on its arse.

Do you know of any issues with heads lifting at that kind of boost? I think the 2259s should flow 250 but would have to keep revs down. I imagine past 250bhp is where shit gets expensive with aftermarket rods/pistons/fastners? I'd like to keep revs upto 7.5k and hit over 250bhp and strip down to about a tonne. Something fun to thrash really Smile but then it needs to eclipse the dturb so might it just be worth going Bimma.. Stock engines putting out 450 easy.
Cheers man
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
If you keep the revs up with a big ass hotside, but keeping the boost down - just keeping airflow high, you'll find that it'll probably put up with more than you'd normally expect - I'd expect to see 300hp, peaking at the redline with a big enough, efficient turbo, but you won't get the massive midrange shove of a heavilly boosted petrol, it's going to be like an NA screamer, just with a bit of extra wheeze at the top end.

I've seen J4s make 250hp with 0.5bar so that's what, around 7lbs of boost... They're rediculously capable engines, tbh, I rekon in reality they're a better tuning option than the XU10s... Nowhere near as fragile... The fragility of the higher performance XU10s is just rediculous, for a 1.6 to make 125hp and have not even half of the fragile valvetrain problems that the XU10s have, yet the XU10s only produce 167hp is mad! I've seen TU5J4s make 450hp on stock internals before now...
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2013, 04:07 PM)Ruan Wrote: If you keep the revs up with a big ass hotside, but keeping the boost down - just keeping airflow high, you'll find that it'll probably put up with more than you'd normally expect - I'd expect to see 300hp, peaking at the redline with a big enough, efficient turbo, but you won't get the massive midrange shove of a heavilly boosted petrol, it's going to be like an NA screamer, just with a bit of extra wheeze at the top end.

I've seen J4s make 250hp with 0.5bar so that's what, around 7lbs of boost... They're rediculously capable engines, tbh, I rekon in reality they're a better tuning option than the XU10s... Nowhere near as fragile... The fragility of the higher performance XU10s is just rediculous, for a 1.6 to make 125hp and have not even half of the fragile valvetrain problems that the XU10s have, yet the XU10s only produce 167hp is mad! I've seen TU5J4s make 450hp on stock internals before now...

Colin from pug performance had a cherry red gti on stock internals pushing almost 450bhp. Saw the videos of it on the ring and it was utterly insane....until it lost its gear linkage and ended up at the side broken down lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You'll probably be better off leaving the standard HG in there, and just running it slightly lower boost, the good thing about those heads is the chamber shape and flow is pretty damn good out of the box, and that helps with a turbo setup just as much as an N/A. You'll run out of injector capacity fast though.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: