The Nanstone - 2.0 16v CR - GTB2056VLK build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nanstone - 2.0 16v CR - GTB2056VLK build
Good to see you back in a 306 missed the updates. Is that Vaughans estate I see hiding in the back ground?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Good to see youv got up and got on quickly it was only 4days ago you were thinking about and now its got new seats & air bag module ThumbsUp any hope for pugfest?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Crack on Ruan,

Bugger the airbag light is still on though, can you not shove a triple 5 special in behind the dash?
Thanks given by:
As always, can't wait to see what you do with this Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
that isn't a true south west start really... should of had at least 30 seconds of cranking....while flattening the battery right out....proceeding to find a number of knackard batteries lying around... leading to 'lnk cr b82rez 2g4' to get enough juice to go for a final rotation on the crank where she fires...

For bonus points you could of air'd her up on cranking too....then break out the 17mm lol

So i award that start... an F ....sorry Ruan Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've had multiple ideas on this, been very tempted by a 555 behind the dash, wiring the light into the ABS light, wiring the light into the glowplug light - all sorts!!!

I kinda just want to get it working, I've got new everything, so it should work, absolutely no reason why not!! Going to grab a PP2k and see if I can read it, should at least tell me what's causing it!

If you want a South-West spec start, I shall conduct one of those tomorrow if you so desire... I might even go as far as throw a few stones down the inlet to jam the valves open so I can whinge about the lack of compression and disconnect the glowplugs for a more lolworthy start.

And of course - "lnk c4r b82rez 2g4" will be used gratuitously - thankfully that's a major feature of the Volvo, rediculously oversized alternator and a battery the size of a small house - she'll smoke the leads out before she gives up Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
FLOL!

Good man ThumbsUp

Quote:If you want a South-West spec start, I shall conduct one of those tomorrow if you so desire... I might even go as far as throw a few stones down the inlet to jam the valves open

It was rust that jammed up that other XUD engine lol

Quote:so I can whinge about the lack of compression and disconnect the glowplugs for a more lolworthy start.

and I think you mean a 'Dave' start.
Thanks given by:
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you just took airbag light out for MOT, and didnt tell them, it should pass.

I had no ABS or Airbag lights, used a unknow MOT station and didnt even mention/advise on it!

Great to see it running fella Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you remove the bulb the station must pass it. The context of the manual states now that it can only fail if it indicates a fault. It used to be if the sequence was incorrect but not anymore.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 06:31 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: If you remove the bulb the station must pass it. The context of the manual states now that it can only fail if it indicates a fault. It used to be if the sequence was incorrect but not anymore.

Wrong. As of April this year, ECUs that are checked on start up (ABS, Airbag, EPAS etc) MUST carry out their self test light up. If they don't and the systems are still present, its a fail.
If however the system has been removed, the bulb can be taken out.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Most MOT testers won't be aware of the systems on-board, particularly on an older car. I think unless you take it to a big franchise place with a College kid carrying out the test you'll be fine!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 08:19 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Most MOT testers won't be aware of the systems on-board, particularly on an older car. I think unless you take it to a big franchise place with a College kid carrying out the test you'll be fine!

Well its relatively simple. Any car made after 1998 has to have a minimum of a drivers airbag and pre tensioners and i believe it was the same year ABS was made compulsory. But like you say, some testers are quite bone idle/clueless so don't pick up.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ABS wasn't compulsory for a long while afaik, at least '03, seeing as my sisters Corsa doesn't have it lol, I couldn't believe it wasn't compulsory by then tbf!
Thanks given by:
Well I'll be fine then...

I have no systems present!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not loving the Swedish tank then mate, at least you have no flipping dpf which is causing slight issues now !!!

Good to see you around a XUD though Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
About time :p
Thanks given by:
Soooo... is it MOT'd yet? No.

Just use my method for MOT pass with an airbag light issue Wink
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 08:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Well its relatively simple. Any car made after 1998 has to have a minimum of a drivers airbag and pre tensioners and i believe it was the same year ABS was made compulsory. But like you say, some testers are quite bone idle/clueless so don't pick up.

Well thats me screwed then! D:

Ruan it will great to see you in this. I literally cant wait. Please bring it to the christmas meet!
Thanks given by:
Rumour has it he's not man enough to sort this bus out.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 11:13 AM)Anton Wrote: Rumour has it he's not man enough to sort this bus out.

i heard this rumor too Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 12:11 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 11:13 AM)Anton Wrote: Rumour has it he's not man enough to sort this bus out.

i heard this rumor too Itwasntme

This rumor disappoints me!
Thanks given by:

http://youtu.be/x1p6Xbqrbx0
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 08:11 PM)Niall Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 06:31 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: If you remove the bulb the station must pass it. The context of the manual states now that it can only fail if it indicates a fault. It used to be if the sequence was incorrect but not anymore.

Wrong. As of April this year, ECUs that are checked on start up (ABS, Airbag, EPAS etc) MUST carry out their self test light up. If they don't and the systems are still present, its a fail.
If however the system has been removed, the bulb can be taken out.

Only just caught up with this thread [attachment=18100]
Thats the testing guide on the computer. We are no.longer allowed to go by must come on then go off. It has to be OBVIOUSLY indicating a fault. If the lights off. According to mr vosa man that comes to our station and tests us. We must pass. If we suspect there is funny business we can.only advise. To fail, according to him, it must be lit. We had all off this because a light didnt come on on an astra and he argued because we failed it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So a good 18 month since this was on the road.

MOT day in 19 days... will it pass?

I've got a funny feeling it might.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 04:31 PM)Norledge Wrote: So a good 18 month since this was on the road.

I'm busy baking a celebratory cake, so it better had Wink
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 04:31 PM)Norledge Wrote: So a good 18 month since this was on the road.

lol

Good lad!! Be sweeet to see this back on the road; again, if this ever goes up for sale i have cash waiting and first dibs! Inlove
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Anything much needs doing to it?

Also 19 days, isn't that the day of the christmas meet?
Thanks given by:
Yus it is.

Going that morning.

It needs a pair of driveshaft seals, think that's about it - if someone wants to come and sit with me whilst I swear at various suspension components trying to get them apart, they're more than welcome.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Woop woop! Good shit Ruaaz! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Have you finally got a win motor for this?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: