THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!
Jonny b Wrote:Always turn off all driver aids in the snow, woman up the road from me last year was trying to get up the hill with traction control on!! Watched her for a while laughing!! Told her to turn it off and she got up first time

Never had a car with driver aids before mate, besides ABS. Although usually I hate ABS in snow, it actually works on this!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking EML again! Same symptoms, car drives perfect...

Gonna get it on VCDS and see what codes come back Sad
Thanks given by:
Have you got a vag com yet liam?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Another reason anything to do with VAGs etc... Is complete bullshit

You can't drive it for it telling you there's something wrong... Too complicated for their own good, and it's ending up that 10 year old cars are being written off by simple electrical faults that cost extortionate amounts to fix.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Liam where are you? (Cant see on my phone)

My job involves a lot of soldering so i dont mind doing it for you if you want.
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Have you got a VAGaygay com yet liam?

Not yet dude, newer VAG stuff needs a VCDS reader, cheap ones are like £20 but I'm skint until payday Sad
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Another reason anything to do with VAGs etc... Is complete bullshit

You can't drive it for it telling you there's something wrong... Too complicated for their own good, and it's ending up that 10 year old cars are being written off by simple electrical faults that cost extortionate amounts to fix.

Give it a bloody rest Ruan! I think we've all guessed you don't like VAG cars...

It drives fine as said, it's probably just telling me the MAF is dying, which on a 306 I'd have to find out when it started doing 13 mpg and stinking of petrol :roll:
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:Liam where are you? (Cant see on my phone)

I'm in Leeds mate, anywhere near you? I could supply beer tokens and make cups of tea while you did it...
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:
td_dan Wrote:Liam where are you? (Cant see on my phone)

I'm in Leeds mate, anywhere near you? I could supply beer tokens and make cups of tea while you did it...

He is in Birmingham.. but would probably drive as him and Raz enjoy road trips :mrgreen:
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TheGateKeeper Wrote:He is in Birmingham.. but would probably drive as him and Raz enjoy road trips :mrgreen:

Cheers carl, im working the next 4 weekends but if you dont get it done then let me know and il pop up no worries
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:
TheGateKeeper Wrote:He is in Birmingham.. but would probably drive as him and Raz enjoy road trips :mrgreen:

Cheers carl, im working the next 4 weekends but if you dont get it done then let me know and il pop up no worries

You bloody legend! I'll definitely sort you some beer tokens if you can! Let me know when and I'll get the cluster off the car Smile
Thanks given by:
My mate sent me this, I wish mine made this noise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yczwcqN2 ... re=related

:mrgreen:
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:My mate sent me this, I wish mine made this noise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yczwcqN2 ... re=related

:mrgreen:

f*cking rally drivers need to learn how to drive on tracks, far too much sideways bollocks lol and lol@the end where he drives square into one of the tractor tyres lmao
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I found out today that if I get a cruise control stalk and loom for about £60 second hand, I can get someone with VAGCOM to activate it for a tenner and then I've got cruise!
Thanks given by:
I know this is a Peugeot forum (duh) but now I've had the Octavia a couple of months I thought I'd just write a bit on how I'm getting on with it Smile

I usually get bored of cars after a couple of months but I'm still loving this one. It still feels really quick, a bit laggy in the wrong gear but any turbocharged car is like that, and once it's into it's stride around 3.5k in 2nd it pulls like a train, really shoves you back in your seat. It sounds great too, quiet round town but open it up and it really growls with a nice whistle from the turbo over the top.
I'm getting an average of 25mpg sitting in traffic going to work which sounds horrible but in the same driving I only got 32mpg from my DT, and it's great on a run, about 38-40mpg at 70-80mph.
The handling is great, very chuckable for a big car with very little body roll and loads of grip, the ride is pretty hard but I suppose it has to be to stop a big car like this wallowing around in the bends. Comfort wise, the seats are brilliant, there's loads of room, it's really quiet, I can go miles in this thing without feeling knackered. It's really practical too, never even had to put the back seats down.
Done a lot of miles in it now and it's never missed a beat, had a couple of little niggles like the temp and fuel gauges dying and the thermostat needing changing but that's not bad. All the electrics work great, no problems there...

I'd recommend one to anyone, it's a great car. I'm thinking about chopping it in when my insurance renews in September but only because I could do with a diesel for work and a fun weekend car, I might still keep it past then because it's such a great car, but 25mpg does hurt lol
Thanks given by:
shame about all the leccy problems matey
25 mpg! killer! tho tis about what i get in mine....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Like I say mate, it's not actually that bad when you consider that for the 5 miles there and back I'm just sat in traffic jams, it kills most cars on fuel economy. The Calibra I had as a temporary car used to get 18mpg, my mk3 Golf GTI got 23mpg, my Audi 80 Sport got 21mpg and even my 106 GTI only used to get 27mpg. Plus, I spend far too much time on boost at other times!

I've been quoted 150 quid to fix the clocks, and the engine management light is on because there's a slight boost leak somewhere, plus the gearbox mount is starting to give up but besides that it's been faultless. To be honest, the whole thing of "Oh yeah, buy a VAG and you'll never have a single problem" is a load of crap to be honest, it's just like any other old car, to be fair except for the slightly suspect electrics a 306 is no less reliable...
Thanks given by:
^^^ And as if to prove that point about VAG electrics, it's playing up! On my way to work yesterday it started missfiring badly, flashing various warning lights and the Climatronic went dead. Got home, and found a blown fuse after going through most of the fusebox, which I replaced. That cured the running issue and the warning lights, but the Climatronic is still dead. The weird thing is, now my interior lights and gauges are working again! :o

So I've no heater or blower now, and although that new fuse has got it running right, there's got to be something that made it blow. Gonna have to leave it with an auto electrician Sad
Thanks given by:
It's been with an auto electrician for a full day and still not fixed...

f*ck this shit, it's getting fixed and sold. 306 HDI here I come.
Thanks given by:
liam you still not changed your sig. but then again is it worth it. as you change cars more than a scrap yard bailes them.
shame you have a few faults with her, hope its sorted for you as soon as possible.
Thanks given by:
I've lost all enthusiasm for it mate, and now I'm being offered some awesome cars on RR as swaps...

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... ead=108613
Thanks given by:
you gonna have a david hasslehoff 80s hair to go with that thing?
Thanks given by:
Dude, I already do...

I have hair down to my ass, wear jeans too tight and have been known to wear questionable leather bomber jackets. A Firebird is right up my street!
Thanks given by:
25mpg?! Dude that is shocking. The Celica is quicker than a standard VAG 1.8t (bar Audi tt and the Cupra r) and that managed 30ish in dense traffic! Worst I ever managed was 27ish and that was covering a lot of ground over a ton...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
mmmmm yank muscle....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:25mpg?! Dude that is shocking. The Celica is quicker than a standard VAGaygay 1.8t (bar Audi tt and the Cupra r) and that managed 30ish in dense traffic! Worst I ever managed was 27ish and that was covering a lot of ground over a ton...

Like I say, anything is awful on my drive to work, I doubt your Celica would be any better, I couldnt even get 30 from a 106 GTI...
Thanks given by:
Finally got it to an auto electrician with the random electrical faults, it turns out that the oil level sensor in the sump had shorted and burnt out, causing a load of wiring and part of the fuse box to melt Sad

It's sorted now, cost me £70 for the labour, £20 for a second hand fuse box and £25 for a second hand oil level sensor and plug. I had him re-solder the circuit board for the clocks too, so that's now sorted. I need to fit the new oil level sensor when I service it next week, and when I was checking it over I found a couple of blown breather hoses, a load of shite in the throttle body and now the temp gauge works again I can see it's running too cold, looks like when I took it back to the dealer to get the thermostat replaced, he f*cking conned me....

And I thought Peugeot were bad for niggly faults lol
Thanks given by:
So are you keeping this or not now lol....I'm confused after reading the last page of this thread. :? lol
Thanks given by:
Not sure mate to be fair, quite fancy a change to be honest Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Not sure mate to be fair, quite fancy a change to be honest Wink

Can't say I'm surprised about that lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,015 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on? THE_Liam 220 68,302 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,113 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully