Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums 325 TDS Touring
(18-06-2012, 11:35 AM)silverzx Wrote: Just so you know I can't view/see any of these videos you've apparently uploaded in the above posts...

Awww f*ck, theyve disappeared in the forum move. Ill let fooby know.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 11:50 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Awww f*ck, theyve disappeared in the forum move. Ill let fooby know.

Sweet 'cos I'm still waiting to see them! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
have a look through my youtube channel. the username is DumDum306
Thanks given by:
Just had look, sounds good from the bay. Very whilstely. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Saw this car up for sale a while ago when i was looking for my TDS. Thought about going to view it but i decided to go for a grand version TDS lol
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 08:20 PM)stuwee Wrote: Saw this car up for sale a while ago when i was looking for my TDS. Thought about going to view it but i decided to go for a grand version TDS lol

I couldnt resist the fact it had the M£ kit, wheels and coilies.

These tyre marks were in no way me finishing off another pair of rear tyres Angel

Thanks given by:
Awesome!!!!!
loving the car chris, currently driving a 318 tds myself, love the handling, hate the power and want a 325 now lol

is the economy really that bad?? mine is quite bad, thought the bigger engine may be better as the 1.7 engine in mine is really underpowered for the car, feels like its constantly struggling.

as for cutting out issue, mine does same, seems to be a common enough problem with them, its cos of the lift pump in tank wired to cut in and out for some reason???? seen guides where people replace the original pump with a facet one and run new wires from ignition live.

As for power upgrades, would an VNT not be possible on these engine, have an ecu, TPS so surely a controller could be easily made for one?

oh and like you im wanting a diesel coupe, except im looking at e36 shells for transplanting into Wink
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2012, 10:46 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: Awesome!!!!!
loving the car chris, currently driving a 318 tds myself, love the handling, hate the power and want a 325 now lol

is the economy really that bad?? mine is quite bad, thought the bigger engine may be better as the 1.7 engine in mine is really underpowered for the car, feels like its constantly struggling.

as for cutting out issue, mine does same, seems to be a common enough problem with them, its cos of the lift pump in tank wired to cut in and out for some reason???? seen guides where people replace the original pump with a facet one and run new wires from ignition live.

As for power upgrades, would an VNT not be possible on these engine, have an ecu, TPS so surely a controller could be easily made for one?

oh and like you im wanting a diesel coupe, except im looking at e36 shells for transplanting into Wink

You need a 325TDS in your life, everyone whos driven mine now wants one. Id decided I was having one within 200 yards of test driving my first one. TBH even 325 power is pretty shit compared to a properly tuned 306 diesel, its only 10 seconds 0-60 but it makes a fapping epic noise and is so smooth. I cant wait to get my VE pump on and feel what its like tuned as I reckon itll be incredible.

I am honestly getting in the low 30mpgs however I drive it. The trip computer lies, its saying about 50mpg every tank.

I dont think my issue is the lift pump as the lift pump operates when the glow plugs are on and turns off once the engine is warm and its when its warm that im having the problems. Its a relatively normal VP pump so shouldnt really even need the lift pump at all.

I think my issue is sensor related, either TPS or MAP (or both) but I CBA to try and fix it as id rather just have my VE fitted though once the ECU goes im gonna have the glow plugs and a facet lift pump on switches in the dash.

VNT is entirely possible but I think im gonna go for something with a twin scroll exhaust housing and make myself a quick spool valve and that should solve alot of the issues without having to worry about a potentially fragile VNT mechanism. Also though I could make the VNT work mechanically or off its own ecu my main ecu is going and TBH theyer a PITA to map, they need a new EPPROM chip soldered in and then clever shit to map it. Again another bonus of getting a VE for big power.

Good luck on the E36 coupe mate, theyer all starting to rust these days. Ive seen less than 10 year old E46s go for under a grand in full working order so Im hoping i can get it rust proofed before it actually starts to go.
Thanks given by:
You really need to try out the two gorges down my way Chris, my mates got a e30 320i and thats crazy enough for drifting up & down them! Your car would be too fun! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 12:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You need a 325TDS in your life, everyone whos driven mine now wants one. Id decided I was having one within 200 yards of test driving my first one. TBH even 325 power is pretty shit compared to a properly tuned 306 diesel, its only 10 seconds 0-60 but it makes a fapping epic noise and is so smooth. I cant wait to get my VE pump on and feel what its like tuned as I reckon itll be incredible.

I am honestly getting in the low 30mpgs however I drive it. The trip computer lies, its saying about 50mpg every tank.

I dont think my issue is the lift pump as the lift pump operates when the glow plugs are on and turns off once the engine is warm and its when its warm that im having the problems. Its a relatively normal VP pump so shouldnt really even need the lift pump at all.

I think my issue is sensor related, either TPS or MAP (or both) but I CBA to try and fix it as id rather just have my VE fitted though once the ECU goes im gonna have the glow plugs and a facet lift pump on switches in the dash.

VNT is entirely possible but I think im gonna go for something with a twin scroll exhaust housing and make myself a quick spool valve and that should solve alot of the issues without having to worry about a potentially fragile VNT mechanism. Also though I could make the VNT work mechanically or off its own ecu my main ecu is going and TBH theyer a PITA to map, they need a new EPPROM chip soldered in and then clever shit to map it. Again another bonus of getting a VE for big power.

Good luck on the E36 coupe mate, theyer all starting to rust these days. Ive seen less than 10 year old E46s go for under a grand in full working order so Im hoping i can get it rust proofed before it actually starts to go.
would of bought a 325 but tax over here is a killer(1000 a year compared to the 500/year for the 318)

Are you sure it doesnt though when caning it?
Im near certain itll cure mine, if i lift off when i feel it cutting it sort of rectifies itself and can shoe on a bit again
Also hot starting is a pita i need to fix

Rust is a pain but looking can get 316 coupes with engine problems pretty cheap(not much more than scrap value so cant go far wrong)

Out of interest whats the bosch VE coming off?
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 12:40 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: would of bought a 325 but tax over here is a killer(1000 a year compared to the 500/year for the 318)

Are you sure it doesnt though when caning it?
Im near certain itll cure mine, if i lift off when i feel it cutting it sort of rectifies itself and can shoe on a bit again
Also hot starting is a pita i need to fix

Rust is a pain but looking can get 316 coupes with engine problems pretty cheap(not much more than scrap value so cant go far wrong)

Out of interest whats the bosch VE coming off?

You lot really do get raped for tax! £225 for the year here on anything over 1.5.

Mine cuts out when Im changing gears and let off the throttle with the clutch in the revs just drop to nothing. Usually letting the clutch out and flooring it solves the problem but sometimes i floor it, the mpg gauge goes to nothing but I get no fuel injected. Also sometimes at light throttle like 1500rpm in 5th cruising if i then put my foot down I get nothing. Occasionally itll stall and refuse to be fixed by flooring it and letting the clutch out.

The VE is off an old 524TD and they are rare, Ive never seen one for sale in this country. However the nose looks very similar to the noses on Vauxhall VE pumps. Once daren has done my VE6 10mm im gonna rebuild some of the VP into a vauxhall pump if the nose is close enough and put a 12mm head on it.
Thanks given by:
So the Clutch is on its way out, I need tyres and the car desperately could do with having its VE fitted

So guess what Ive bought...

Yep a brand new turbo and some other turbo associated shinyness PMSL.

Thatll surely fix my Tyre/clutch/pump issues
Thanks given by:
Yay. ^_^ VE + Big turbo = epic / sell it to me when its finished. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Oh and also last minute sniping

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V..._500wt_949

I have a new set of wheels and tyres (and the M3 wheels are worth twice that)
Thanks given by:
Nice! What blower did you get in the end mate?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 09:33 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Nice! What blower did you get in the end mate?

Something i hadn't previously discussed on this thread but was too good a price to miss. gonna need some custom bits but I can cope with that.

Gonna do a darrenjlobb and grind all the identifying marks off the turbo so nobody knows
Thanks given by:
Im not gonna lie. I think I "may" of gone a little OTT on turbo sizing

Thanks given by:
That thing looks brand spanking new?!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Looks alot like Darrens turbo ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Dum you can ever go OTT on turbo sizing!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 09:58 AM)Ben Jay Wrote: That thing looks brand spanking new?!
It is. It was a f*cking bargain I couldnt miss.

(22-06-2012, 09:59 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: Looks alot like Darrens turbo ninja
Now you say it it does look similar but Im pretty sure I know what Darrens is and mine Isnt the same.

(22-06-2012, 10:04 AM)Niall Wrote: Dum you can ever go OTT on turbo sizing!
I can If i cant spool this fucker. Gonna have to look at a pre turbo W/M kit to help spool up times.
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmmmmm..........................looks cheap and chinesey does that............i give it a week lol

Also doesn't look that big Hmm
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 10:42 AM)mark_airey Wrote: Hmmmmmmmm..........................looks cheap and chinesey does that............i give it a week lol

I was thinking the same thing...!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 10:42 AM)mark_airey Wrote: looks cheap and chinesey does that

And what about the turbo.......... LOL
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 11:17 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-06-2012, 10:42 AM)mark_airey Wrote: looks cheap and chinesey does that

And what about the turbo.......... LOL

/Swowweww?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Meh, whatever it is looks pretty hefty. Smile Gj. ;]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
What sort of power dya think you'll make on that blower?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Neeed moar picz!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 12:42 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: What sort of power dya think you'll make on that blower?
lots and lots. It's provably good for than my bottom end and drive shafts can cope with

(22-06-2012, 12:45 PM)Matt Wrote: Neeed moar picz!!!

Maybe another day or maybe you'll have to wait till it's modified and fitted
Thanks given by:
It looks considerably bigger then his head, which is saying something...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,575 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,805 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,178 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM