darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
lmao

100psi?!

that is crazy... great work!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
This is literally insane
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Loving the train Gauge......................WIN for all the reasons you mentioned lol

So you have gone for the purposeful interior look now instead of the OEM idea, suppose there are only so many extra gauges and switches you can get it there while remaining anything like factory looking.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
lol Loving the interior.

Darren I think you know what you need to do with that 100psi gauge...you need to max it out!
Thanks given by:
That looks crazy!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
WRT heat shielding this stuff is superb:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... eat-shield

As being fairly rigid you can just bend it up into pretty much any shape you want and it'll hold it, and you can just cut it with snips, although not cheap.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:WRT heat shielding this stuff is superb:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... eat-shield

As being fairly rigid you can just bend it up into pretty much any shape you want and it'll hold it, and you can just cut it with snips, although not cheap.

Thanks ripp for the advice, altho for my purpose, id have thought the cheaper stuff that James (atterz) posted would be ok? afterall this isnt a 1200whp petrol Wink heh

Welcome to the thread btw, cant imagine you spend to much time in here haha!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Wow all those gauges are just WIN! Nearly got as many as a plane haha Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
thats a heck of a lot of guages! what are they all for? and the switches?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Top 3 are the boost gauges, so primary / secondry / manifold levels, far left is pump internal pressure and vent one is EGT's , so thats all the tuning ones, then the 3 in radio area are just engine safety ones, so oil presssure / temp / water temp.

Switchs are for electric pas, rad fans, lift pump and meths injection.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
haha sweet! Big Grin top work though dude!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Darren what make or where did you get your ipp gauge and sensor?
Ive looked everywhere for one that is electric and goes to a high enough psi and i cant find one anywhere?!!?
Thanks given by:
anto Wrote:Darren what make or where did you get your ipp gauge and sensor?
Ive looked everywhere for one that is electric and goes to a high enough psi and i cant find one anywhere?!!?

Mines not electric, but its got a diaphragm in the engine bay / cable, so no fuel enters the cabin / MOT friendly.

I found it on ebay, its a train fuel pressure gauge I think....Train bits are so win....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
anto Wrote:Darren what make or where did you get your ipp gauge and sensor?

Mines not electric, but its got a diaphragm in the engine bay / cable, so no fuel enters the cabin / MOT friendly.

I found it on ebay, its a train fuel pressure gauge I think....Train bits are so win....

Is this because your car looks like this when on the rollers/cruising/idling ninja

[Image: 13655_46232_east_of_elazig_11-apr-75.jpg]
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Welcome to the thread btw, cant imagine you spend to much time in here haha!

There's a cheaper copy available but I can't remember who makes it!
If you want something cheap that works - well, for the buggy manifold I made two thin ally heatsheilds and sandwiched some ceramic kiln blanket between them from the local glassworks ninja
Awesome stuff, you can hold your hand on it with a gas torch on the other side....

I pop in for the odd look, so I can judge just how far the pistons are going to make it into space lol
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Welcome to the thread btw, cant imagine you spend to much time in here haha!

There's a cheaper copy available but I can't remember who makes it!

I pop in for the odd look, so I can judge just how far the pistons are going to make it into space lol

You love it really, just to scared to admit it Wink x
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
It'd be great, if it ran on proper fuel. 600bhp then ninja
Thanks given by:
Meh, people have already done that though, uber boring, and i like my 50mpg Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Chances of that getting 50mpg? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Old one did, FCS and back from cornwall on a tank Smile and that was with screwed over pump.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Well stop driving like a tart then and get yer foot down Wink
Thanks given by:
On a run - 50mpg
On boost - 10mpg?

Haha.... lol
Thanks given by:
Darren love it!
Sorry To sound like a dumbass but my knowledge of dervs is very little! How is meths injection beneficial? How does it help?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:On a run - 50mpg
On boost - 10mpg?

Haha.... lol

It has to be into single figures on boost, I can get the Mrs's 307 HDi down to 11mpg ninja lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Darren love it!
Sorry To sound like a dumbass but my knowledge of dervs is very little! How is meths injection beneficial? How does it help?

It's closer to running proper fuel so the engine goes better ninja lmao
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Darren love it!

a very fine mist of methanol and water (about 50/50 but more water) is fired into the inlet above a certain boost threshold, evaporates and cools the inlet temps down further.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:On a run - 50mpg
On boost - 10mpg?

Haha.... lol

Heh no idea on boost, but what I will say, is on full boost at anything over 4krpm it would suck the ve dry, and thats with the lift pump on.....so that means its pulling all the fuel the lift pump can delivery, which would put mpg in the....bad zone...

But meh, that's the beuty of diesel, pretty much no matter what you do, the off boost normal driving mpg remains very much oem... GTI6's on the convoy up were having to stop to fill up, and id come all the way from Cornwall, and made it there and back no issues....

I think Ripp just needs a go in a correctly tuned / geared / pushed diesel lol
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Nah, you're alright, my 1.3 and 1.4 are enough Smile
Thanks given by:
Meh, id prefer it if this was a 1.6 short stroke tbh! Not my fault the made the xu so big!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
They did a TU diesel you know, now that would be different Wink

Just think of all the fun you'd have with exploding gearboxes lmao
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,135 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,537 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 189,701 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009