darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
lol Just pulled it again for fun eh? :roll:
Thanks given by:
Yo-yo engine, lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:lol Just pulled it again for fun eh? :roll:

If you wanna try putting an equal length manifold that holes two turbos, bypass valve and 3 inch downpipe on in the car, I welcome you to the job Wink

Some other issues to finish also, need to make some flanges up for water fittings as stock just wont do / to much shite attached.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol Love how that's just a standard thing for this car. I need to subscribe to you on youtube actually

:O Get on it! Cornish coal / lash ups ftw! Fooby will agree!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Epic.. epic work mate. It's amazing to finally see it running. It has to be at FCS now Big Grin
Thanks given by:
As said, this looks frapping awsome and sounds great too... Hoping it makes it to FCS... :grin:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Excellent progress there mate! Is the charger belt layout the same or is that one more nightmare!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
londondan86 Wrote:Excellent progress there mate! Is the charger belt layout the same or is that one more nightmare!

Sadly yet another design, as the dw10 dosnt share the same lower pulley setup / alternator etc, so old setup wouldnt fit. The aux belt also runs 4mm further left than the xud, meaning charger had to be offset / bottom crank pulleys re done! Always something!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
He got the billet today bud just need to fit the Job in now lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shown my mate the start up video and his words were "sounds like a monster!" i was like f*cking right..... Epic progress Darren will have to come see it in the flesh one day Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:He got the billet today bud just need to fit the Job in now lol

As before Jonny, your a fookin legend Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Question for people,

Does anyone have any experiences with heat matting stuff or anything....Im basically thinking I need to heat matt the bulkhead / chassis leg / bonnet as manifold parts are going to have to be VERY close / lots and lots of heat, so wanna protect myself from melting to much, anyone know the best stuff to get? Im thinking some fairly ridgid but still flexible kinda heat matting of some form?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAT-SHIELD-M ... 2286wt_874

Any good do we think? Im getting cheapy ebay feeling for that...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Wait till your car has so much boost its capable of time travel, cant be long now, then go back to 1970 and get the bulkhead asbestos coated.
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Question for people,

Does anyone have any experiences with heat matting stuff or anything....Im basically thinking I need to heat matt the bulkhead / chassis leg / bonnet as manifold parts are going to have to be VERY close / lots and lots of heat, so wanna protect myself from melting to much, anyone know the best stuff to get? Im thinking some fairly ridgid but still flexible kinda heat matting of some form?

Ive been hanging around honda turbo forums for a few months now......the smart ones rave about turbo jackets not just to protect outside the turbo but for spool etc, seem dear enough though.

I only found this place looking for your project lol dont have words to describe the awsomeness going on here, darren=legend
Thanks given by:
con67 Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Question for people,

Ive been hanging around honda turbo forums for a few months now......the smart ones rave about turbo jackets not just to protect outside the turbo but for spool etc, seem dear enough though.

I only found this place looking for your project lol dont have words to describe the awsomeness going on here, darren=legend

Con!! I was starting to think Id never see you on here, I hope my sneaky link at the end of my old thread is still in effect on .net Wink

Ive seen those turbo jacket things before, but they want stupid amounts of money for them, and Id need two....

Surely someone must have used some of that heat matting stuff before or something better?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Shown my mate the start up video and his words were "sounds like a monster!" i was like f*cking right..... Epic progress Darren will have to come see it in the flesh one day Wink

Are people listening to the right engine here? Wink Its got response but its a severely decomped diesel with 0 boost... I think with 50lb of boost at 5k it'll sound a tad better..... lol

Darren... I can see a hole in the bonnet, making its appearance over the crest of the hill !! Big Grin I know its a lash & 'potentially' could look good, but have you thought about chequer plating the outside or something... basically to cover the paint where the turbo sits... sort of like how exhaust surrounds in bumpers have metal plating... if dont correct could look ok just an idea though... Good work anyway, hope you get the issues with water blocks & pulleys sorted soon...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Epic build mate.

I hear gold is good for heat deflection. Very McLaren F1.

Also very expensive. You could raid the local H.Samuel but I suspect most of their stuff is only painted tin anyway. Maybe start digging?

Lots of cars have OEM bulkhead heatshields/matting, could be worth just raiding a scrapyard for as much as you can find? Suppose it would be a bitch unless the engine has been removed though.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Much as I hate to say this, GTi6s have those metal heatshields bolted to the brake lines to protect the bulkhead...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeh, ive already looked at them, but there not really big enough for what I need as they literally only cover the ex mani on the '6 motor.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Get on demon tweeks mate and look at the race prep products they have for heat management and go from there really. Decide what you need.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... d-material

Something like that possibly.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What about ceramic coating the turbos and exhausts?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:Get on demon tweeks mate and look at the race prep products they have for heat management and go from there really. Decide what you need.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... d-material

Something like that possibly.

Thanks James, will deffo look into some of that stuff, looks ideal / has ally back so should hold itself in shape Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... -cool-tape

That would also be good for sticking to the bonnet, just cut the strips and stick them underneath, it says that it should handle up to 1000c of radiant heat!
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport...-cool-tape

That would also be good for sticking to the bonnet, just cut the strips and stick them underneath, it says that it should handle up to 1000c of radiant heat!

So the paint will bubble off the bonnet before the tape gives up...............lol think that should do the trick then!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Haha id be seriously suprised if the paint bubbles off the bonnet mate, as long as the turbos arent actually touching it.
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:Haha id be seriously suprised if the paint bubbles off the bonnet mate, as long as the turbos arent actually touching it.

I know but if it gets beyond the abilities of the tape (1000*C) then the paint stands no chance lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
O i fully agree there, but with petrol supras running insanely large turbos and other cars such as evos running anti slag it would be extremely mental should tempratures be reaching mental enough levels to cause the tape to melt!
Thanks given by:
Spent some time today putting the interior back together, as never really did after changing the heater matrix as got my interested in doing the engine!

Ended up gutting all the old wiring out, and re doing it all, using a multicore from cabin to bay as fed up with a thousand cables thro the bulkhead!

The mess:

[Image: IMAG0371.jpg]

IPP gauge / various switchs (ive given up on making things look clean / tidy inside now)

[Image: IMAG0373.jpg]

Wiring is obviously covered up though in attempt to look tidy...

Almost back together :

[Image: IMAG0377.jpg]

Notice the glove box top box has been converted into a wiring center, as its useless for anythig else anyway, so just removed the box part, attached hinges to dash and lots of room now for wiring!

The new third boost gauge to monitor manifold boost levels, the most win gauge ever, acquired from james's work, win for many reasons, A because it goes to 100psi not just 60, but mainly because the green area is between 40 - 60psi...WIN?!!?

[Image: IMAG0375.jpg]

Have also wired up elec pas again / new relay, and same for rad fans. Has also been a breakthrough with regard to the bonnet fail, and with some carefull (not pretty) injector line adjustments / other modifications, the bonnet SHOULD now close / not foul the engine. Lines arnt pretty, and will be replaced at some point, but should be functional for now.

Thanks for reading Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
they go up to 7 bar? :o

This is going to be interesting to fap over when i see it
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Itll be out of a train and i dare say they could quite happily have 7 bar of boost.

Looks good Darren!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,235 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,596 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 190,660 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009