Project car-now the DAILY!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project car-now the DAILY!!!
so im getting over excited to be fair. its not actually at my house yet but it is on the way here as i type this. A while back my cousin bought toms306 old high milage china blue dturbo. about 2 months ago the cambelt snapped on it. looks like the aux belt took it out and my cousin didnt want to put any money into a 285000 miles vehicle. sooo i bought it. paid him scrap for it. i dont want the engine so who cares. This is finally a car that ive always wanted. one that i can bugger about with and not have daily!!! so plans are RACECAR. honestly dont know what DIESEL engine to use i do have a 2.1 sitting about but you know xud and all that. we will see im yet to decide on that bit. ill take some pictures later for everyone
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Plans sound good, should be epic Smile pics needed though Tongue
Thanks given by:
[Image: f41168fabf96915d0d221f1a8ec1aab5.jpg][Image: cff4167a456e884f59616551032d47d4.jpg]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
My old Hdi! <3 love that thing, a big part of me wishes I'd never sold it as it owed me nothing!

Good to see it saved but don't ruin it with an XUD. Sad
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Looks shit, burn it.
Thanks given by:
Needs a low boost GTi engine. You must be getting bored of XUDs by now. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Genuinlly dont know what engine to use at the mo. Was going to use the 2.1, then a hdi then a v6 then a 2.1 then a 16v head on the hdi. Just not sure. I think ill keep it diesel though. Need to get some pictures of interior etc as im sure someone will want the seats, all interiot trim is up for grabs as i dont need that either. Keeping fuel pump and injectors for the daily incase that breaks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
2.7HDi V6
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2016, 02:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 2.7HDi V6

Jag/ford engine that one. Might fit
Spoken to lu about this i think im gonna daily it untill i get another car as lu wants an estate so itll live on the road till early next year i think
Thanks given by:
Reckon you could fit something like this in there? Wink

[Image: 2lR4eaq.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Probably not lol. I think itll just have whatever engine i have lying about put in it for now to get her running on the road as we sorta need a car. Then i shall scheme an engine for it again

Thanks given by:
So into the garage [Image: 1337f2f4f535ab36a2c228c1692480dd.jpg] suprising how much shorter this is thn the estate. Then obligitory front end off because peugeot picture [Image: 5467ea56f03c5e47baf36d5a3df44f5f.jpg]

This is by far the worse one ive stripped the front end off almost every bolt was siezed solid! Its showing its 285000 miles really. Itll go again though i guess
Thanks given by:
Yeeessss hopefilly this will be the start of an epic project!
Thanks given by:
So are you putting a HDi in to use it as a daily or are you going to 2.1 it for now?
Thanks given by:
will be keeping watch of this !
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2016, 04:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So are you putting a HDi in to use it as a daily or are you going to 2.1 it for now?

I dont have a running hdi in good condition lying about. I have a 1.9 and a 2.1 lying around though. Just needs a road car for a few months while i save up my money for a volvo daily
Thanks given by:
Does look good, big turbo 2.2hdi? dont know of anyone/many that have done it (other than the dimma 2.2hdi 306)
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2016, 02:53 PM)MY95 Wrote: Does look good, big turbo 2.2hdi? dont know of anyone/many that have done it (other than the dimma 2.2hdi 306)

Id 16v it rather than 2.2 compatablity and all that. Ive never done it myself but according to all the threads on it its the way to go
Thanks given by:
So engines ready to pull now apart from driveshafts needing to be removed. Just on the look out for a replacement now

Thanks given by:
Put a dv6 in it, they're plentiful, tuneable and lighter than anything else diesel available.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-09-2016, 08:10 PM)Poodle Wrote: Put a dv6 in it, they're plentiful, tuneable and lighter than anything else diesel available.

i have a dv6 with a dead bottom end sitting at work if i wanted to do that. however for now to get this on the road mattraylle the absolute legend that he is got me a 54k hdi engine out of a 306. sam bates has offered me some coil overs and im picking up an exhaust from sam rowel this weekend as well. going to spray the bay while engine is out more for rust protection as its pretty bad. not sure what to use for that.
Thanks given by:
Ha awesome, that'll do! Are you going full track-only special or keeping it road legal?

Just paint the engine bay, surely?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2016, 05:25 AM)Poodle Wrote: Ha awesome, that'll do! Are you going full track-only special or keeping it road legal?

Just paint the engine bay, surely?

so the eventual plan is to get this as close to full track spec as i can with a valid mot so i can actually drive it track days. this wont be happening untill next year at some point though. the plan is for the next few months is to get her running working and driving untill i have enough money for my daily as my wife is kindly stealing my estate lol. 

yeah im not sure what i want the engine bay to be painted with though. this is the thing. as id quite like to take her to fcs, pugfest and a few shows round here i would still like her to look fairly neat. im thinking about just getting some 2 pack to do the bay properly and borrowing mates eqipment to do so. either that or black it with montna black spray as it gives a nice even finish. 

also on a side note im quite liking "hdi lyf" thanks to my estate i now have a new found love for them so ill get a cracking and scheme the eventual engine up which will likly be some form of hdi
Thanks given by:
[Image: 97930d283cf48bccc645f6cc237182ee.jpg] so new engine crane doing its job nicly. Do really have to weld a handle to it though.
This car has had a hard life the hub nuts were so tight that even an 8ft breker bar couldnt crack them so i resorted to taking the hub off with them. [Image: 69367fbd219f8a63ad1f0e9dc489884b.jpg]
Ill take them to work get the oxy on them and gun them off. Bastard things cost me a lot of time. Earth bolts were all rounded before i got to them. Needs new tre's and p bushs and brakes. So not to much lol.
Thanks given by:
I changed the clutch on it back in 2014 so I put those hub nuts on! lol
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2016, 05:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I changed the clutch on it back in 2014 so I put those hub nuts on! lol

What the hell did you put them on with? Never some across ones on a 306 that tight. M a clutch you say may whip the box off and look at condition
Thanks given by:
Hmm, usually just put them on with my weedy little arms and the 3ft breaker bar so no idea why they were so tight! Wonder if I gunned them up with the impact wrench maybe, don't normally though!

Yeah Valeo clutch kit and cable, genuine Pug cambelt kit (that obviously went well) and freshly recon'd beam were the main things I changed iirc. Lift pump is probably getting tired now as it was the one from the Moonstone so done like 170k now if it was orginal, there was a newish one in this which I 'borrowed' for the Moonstone lol. Injectors are also original as I tried some 'low mileage 076s' which were crap so I swapped back.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2016, 06:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, usually just put them on with my weedy little arms and the 3ft breaker bar so no idea why they were so tight! Wonder if I gunned them up with the impact wrench maybe, don't normally though!

Yeah Valeo clutch kit and cable, genuine Pug cambelt kit (that obviously went well) and freshly recon'd beam were the main things I changed iirc. Lift pump is probably getting tired now as it was the one from the Moonstone so done like 170k now if it was orginal, there was a newish one in this which I 'borrowed' for the Moonstone lol. Injectors are also original as I tried some 'low mileage 076s' which were crap so I swapped back.

Well it looks like it shredded the aux belt causing the cambelt to go to be fair. The in tank pump matts whipping out of the 52k one as well. I owe the man a crate of beer!! Half the bolts are siezed solid as well. Its taken me almost double the normal amount of time to get the engine out of this!!
Thanks given by:
So after my boy went to bed tonight i took the dash out! The heater matrix seems to be gone and welding needs doing to the bulkhead so you know might as well. Its gone in the usual place near the heater box but its also gone under the brake servo which ive never seen. Its not bad but it needs doing!! [Image: a43c03da94d3b50eb1c3e80b196bd4b3.jpg][Image: 24b78f432aab64f8fbb0fe7fd7935b96.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Garage monkey buys car and denounces previous monkey owners. Previous monkey owner turns out to be chief denouncer of all things monkey.

Awks.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 306 daily project custom-decals2012 2 2,080 30-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,867 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,627 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle