Post FCS Discussion Thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post FCS Discussion Thread.
If i'm completely honest, i'm not surprised about the show being poor but its what we make of it!

I think we all owe the mods (and in particular Rowell and Cully) a big thanks for arranging this years show. Considering what we were given to work with, it sounds like they did  great job!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 04:54 PM)Niall Wrote: I think we all owe the mods (and in particular Rowell and Cully) a big thanks for arranging this years show. Considering what we were given to work with, it sounds like they did  great job!

WHAT!?

Other than Cully doing the parking (it was largely done by the time Rowell bothered showing up) everything else was organised by members themselves. I appreciate that there is bits and bobs behind the scene before the show but 99% of the club stuff like getting a prime camping area, getting people to get a wiggle on on the show morning, getting people to breakfast at a sensible time before the parade lap, chatting up the security and all the caring sharing malarkey was done by members not the staff.
Thanks given by: ginge191
(06-06-2016, 06:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 04:54 PM)Niall Wrote: I think we all owe the mods (and in particular Rowell and Cully) a big thanks for arranging this years show. Considering what we were given to work with, it sounds like they did  great job!

WHAT!?

Other than Cully doing the parking (it was largely done by the time Rowell bothered showing up) everything else was organised by members themselves. I appreciate that there is bits and bobs behind the scene before the show but 99% of the club stuff like getting a prime camping area, getting people to get a wiggle on on the show morning, getting people to breakfast at a sensible time before the parade lap, chatting up the security and all the caring sharing malarkey was done by members not the staff.

Yes and i appreciate that but you also need to remember that stuff does go on in the background. Usually id do this but ive been too busy this year so these two took it upon themselves to dive in and help.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 07:04 PM)Niall Wrote:

WHAT!?

Yes and i appreciate that but you also need to remember that stuff does go on in the background. Usually id do this but ive been too busy this year so these two took it upon themselves to dive in and help.

I know, stuff like getting a camping area arranged, pre publishing the stand parking diagram, bringing the club banner and club flag etc.
Thanks given by:
Nice write up Sam.

Seriously disappointed with the shot itself. Really let itself down. The stalls this year were apalling. For christ sake, Colin from PugPerformance in his throne whilst his minions standing around, what the f*ck was that? Was tempted to look at his bits for sell then saw him eyeing uop anyone who came near..

The detailing tents - dodojuice, a fair enough product, but jesus was that american chap a douchebag.

Bilstein - 3 shocks on show - no catalogues, no information, nothing.

Scorpion exhausts - same as every other year at every other show.

OCD detail? One man band with a table?

The other detailing tent - cars on display were filthy...

The dyno - what an absolute moron. Every year they say they're going to get something better. One chap, megane, does his 3 runs, drops power each run - no shit - that fan has come out of my laptop for goodness sake. GET SOME COOLING. 182 clios repetitively getting around 150bhp mark...?

and finally the bought not build stand - probably 2 cars there I actually went " ahah, nice!" but that's just taste.

Really, really, really disappointed by it. Rant over.

Nice to catch up with a bunch of you chaps, spent most of the day relaxing and watching the track which was nice. Doubtful i'll go next year unless there's a bunch of nice guys to see like this year.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 07:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 07:04 PM)Niall Wrote:

WHAT!?

I know, stuff like getting a camping area arranged, pre publishing the stand parking diagram, bringing the club banner and club flag etc.

Yeah, mostly stuff that would of been much easier should we have had some form of comms from FCS with regards to stand size, exact position etc. And camping areas have never ever been arranged. They do not give out designated camping areas. JP taped off an area 2 years ago off of his own back whilst he wasn't spending his time trying to kick you out because of your behaviour Chris.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
play nice kids.

Yes cully was there before me putting the first few cars on front row. I put some cars round the back, got people in and out throughout the day and then made sure we got our parade lap on sunday. I spoke to toseland pre show about getting us a camping area. So thanks for that toseland. How much organising do you think it takes? Its not a great deal but someone does it so at least be grateful!

We dont have the best stand and thats because we dont particularly pre plan and we couldnt decide on an idea. There isnt a whole load of point as we dont really care about winning awards. This year was massively social and the majority were out on track or were at least offered passenger rides. I thought it was fantastic so lets not go spoiling it. It was perfect apart from the show itself and our stand area!

For next year i want to try and get our 2014 stand area back. Having the extra strip of tarmac makes it a lot easier for access!
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 07:14 PM)Niall Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 07:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I know, stuff like getting a camping area arranged, pre publishing the stand parking diagram, bringing the club banner and club flag etc.

Yeah, mostly stuff that would of been much easier should we have had some form of comms from FCS with regards to stand size, exact position etc. And camping areas have never ever been arranged. They do not give out designated camping areas. JP taped off an area 2 years ago off of his own back whilst he wasn't spending his time trying to kick you out because of your behaviour Chris.

Awww try and discredit me as you can't successfully refute my points, well done you, very mature.

Last year our helpful staff turned up early and pegged us out an area with the club flags (remember those)

As for coms with the FCS people most of you have Mark dow as a friend on Facebook, you could have asked (although I suspect when he makes the maps he largely guesses till he paces it out) however this year it was pretty obvious that when the map was posted and we had 27 cars booked that they were looking for us to do 3 rows of 9 cars.

Last year someone very helpfully did a map of the front row cars allowing for extras depending on exactly how big our stand was, sadly due to the way this forum works all the attachments are broken so I can't post it.

Finally flags and banners. The flags were paid for by club members donations last year to make club stands look better at shows and IIRC I've seen them twice, them not being there is letting down every single member who donated towards them. Have they even seen the light of day this year? I didn't see them at Christmas or the Ace Day.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for realising my hard work last year Chris. I was expecting you to slate it!

Im not ruining this thread any more with this conversation. If you feel like its a beneficial one to have, PM me or start a new thread if you feel like it would benefit the public to see the outcome
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 08:18 PM)Niall Wrote: PM me or start a new thread if you feel like it would benefit the public to see the outcome
Everyone already saw the outcome at the weekend.
You can't change the past.
Thanks given by:
Bitch bitch bitch!
moan moan moan!

the show for me this year
turn up early
direct cars
sound check
direct cars
change wheels
direct cars
drivers bref
empty car
breakfast
sort passenger helmet
11am - 1pm track
food
1pm - 3:30 chill at quarry
change back road wheels
load car
5pm head to brewers fair for food with a group

i didnt walk around any cars or stands

what i did i enjoyed could of done with more time but ha!

FCS 2017... I wont be going
i will be booking a full day track session
like I'm having this Saturday for less money than I payed for FCS this year

other people can put some effort into sorting shit

good luck with the piss poor info from FCS organisers

oh i organised the parade lap before the show as it had to be pre booked
did anyone else realise that?
thanks to sam for taking it on on the sunday as I wern't there Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Popcorn
Thanks given by:
Well that escalated quickly... Confused
Thanks given by:
So much for changing the club etc. This all looks great to new members thinking of coming along next year doesn't it.

For Christ sake sort yourselves out, we all play nice for a while then it turns sour as someone gets the hump.

I do agree if the flags etc weren't there, why weren't they there? But silly little digs at each other & especially bloody Admin posting digs just looks ridiculous to any outsiders.

Clean this thread up FFS
Thanks given by:
Was a shame to see no banners/flags/tent.

I'll be big headed here...I made an effort to make something to look and read as did the xsichap with rotrex gti6 next to me.
Was just a car park otherwise.

I will be thinking twice about next year...or do a Piggypower stand instead.

But just a general chit chat/track day was fun...

I too had no time for any of looking round/seeing traders...i took one walk down the trade road and did think... Is that it?!

No ones fault here though tbh.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
To be honest... there were no flags and banners. Niall had them.
And... although I was meant to receive Nialls spare ticket for a new member... it hasnt arrived.
And I still havent received my club calendars... even though i designed and ordered them all.

thats all im going to say. Its self evident.

ive split the threads so this isnt discussed in my write up thread. I would say discuss it in the staff section but it would only be a conversation between me niall and cully.
Thanks given by: 1616six , Dum-Dum
(06-06-2016, 09:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: I will be thinking twice about next year...or join dem French stand instead.

EFT
Thanks given by:
Was a shame to see no banners/flags/tent.

I'll be big headed here...I made an effort to make something to look and read as did the xsichap with rotrex gti6 next to me.

But just a general chit chat/track day was fun...

I too had no time for any of looking round/seeing traders...i took one walk down the trade road and did think... Is that it?!

No ones fault here though tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Everyone made an effort piggy. Just having my car to a state where i thought it would be decent on track was good and 3 people spent 3 hours cleaning it on the friday morning! ZX was building his in the dark. Jamie and Kerry bring their cars out pretty much just for FCS each year. Dan drove 200 miles 2 weeks after passing his test and the m25 at rush hour was his first motorway experience. Bash and lady bash were fixing their cars only the week before. You were doing your car and making a video the week before. Everyone put effort in.

yes its just a car park but its impossible to organise. There is no way of telling how big the stand is and you only find out vaguely where it is 1 week before hand! When lots of cars have track time its impossible to reorganise and youd have to have someone on stand 100% of the time just to park cars which was cully for the most of the day! We are all there to enjoy the show ourselves as well. At the end of the day the I thought the stand was well organised, the right cars were at the front and it was done exceedingly well with the space limitation. It was the lack of publicity with flags and banners etc which was poor on the clubs part.
Thanks given by:
I'm not saying everyone didnt make an effort to make their car driveable/roadworthy... Or shiny.

...but do need bit more than that for a car show
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I disagree. Plenty of other stands did less. It depends what you're out for. It would be nice to get a best club award but I would definitely say the judging was swayed towards mixed groups with newer cars. Old 306s is pretty niche in the grand scheme of things.
Thanks given by:
Oh ok.

So long as there is a stand a bit crapper than ours...we're good
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
you werent like this on the day. Yes your car was nice, yes you put effort in as did everyone else. So what are you going to do? blame the two staff members who were there and helping? From start to beginning what would you have done differently without knowing the size of the stand, who was coming, who was on track, when people would arrive?
Thanks given by:
Not blaming anyone.

But I'm not also just turning a blind eye to what happened...

Trying to just add a perspectiv...didnt realise I was negative on the day, not intended. I had a lovely day..as said...best car day out/show yet :-)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 09:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote: To be honest... there were no flags and banners. Niall had them.
And... although I was meant to receive Nialls spare ticket for a new member... it hasnt arrived.
And I still havent received my club calendars... even though i designed and ordered them all.

thats all im going to say. Its self evident.

ive split the threads so this isnt discussed in my write up thread. I would say discuss it in the staff section but it would only be a conversation between me niall and cully.
Cheers mate, apologies for starting this off in your thread, I should have been more diplomatic. I did consider PM but it was better as an open discussion IMO.

(06-06-2016, 09:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: Was a shame to see no banners/flags/tent.

Yeah, It was a shame not to have more clean cars but with most peoples cars having done over 100 miles to get there and no water stand point on site it is difficult.

A split from the club and your own stand like the Dem French boys could be hugely detrimental to the club numbers. We are already down from 49 stand passes issued last year to 27 issued this year (practically half). If the number halves again next year, which I suspect it easily could if they don't have camping (thats why most of us go right?), then we are going to start looking at being a very very small club barely worthy of any notable stand area, no stand means no publicity for new member and less current members wanting to go the year after and that'll be reflected online here.

That said at least Team Piggy Power remembered their flags and advertising and club shirts.
Thanks given by:
And in answer to your questions, not to be a pig about it...

Organisation. I could see by the thread who was coming and when on track and by the map I could see the stand area was small.... Ee've all been there before and seen how small it is down that end...plus finding out?

But seems fcs/mark dow isnt very good at releasing info which doesnt help?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its the same stuff again. Piggy has found a decent shirt place. Im sure you can organise a group buy as we have discussed only last week. Essentially the wrong person had the club kit.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm good point dumdum...I don't want the 306oc stand to deplete.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 09:47 PM)Eeyore Wrote: you werent like this on the day. Yes your car was nice, yes you put effort in as did everyone else. So what are you going to do? blame the two staff members who were there and helping? From start to beginning what would you have done differently without knowing the size of the stand, who was coming, who was on track, when people would arrive?

People weren't like this on the day as negativity breeds negativity and I was trying to be positive so as not to upset anyone else. I did really enjoy the show as it was a proper car show but it could have been much better both from us as a club and from the FCS people, not having the tannoy turned on was a bit shit as you don't get to hear things like who won best club and other stuff like that.

I certainly won't blame you or Cully or Pebbles (let's not forget he's a staffer who was there helping too) as 99% of stuff should have been sorted before hand. In previous years people have been told if they aren't there by a certain time then they aren't on the stand, half 7 rings a bell from last year. We know who is on track, it was in a thread beforehand and it's pretty easy to work out the size of the stand from a map and previous knowledge or certainly have an educated guess. As soon as we were given the map you (the staff) must have known that 2 rows of 14 or 3 rows of 9 was going to be expected of us?
Thanks given by:
No not at all. I have no idea where this magic 27 cars as a stand size came from. Its one long strip so could have been any size. Remember we also had members who turned up who werent on any list. the cars on stand and the parking was as good as it have could have been. Cully put in the most of the work, theres no denial that i did less!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,685 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - 2nd/3rd December 2017 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 36 12,696 31-08-2017, 08:38 AM
  Christmas Meet 2016 Discussion Thread Eeyore 30 11,675 30-09-2016, 09:15 AM