Christmas Meet 2016 Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Meet 2016 Discussion Thread
Hi All, Just a few months left to organise the 2016 Christmas meet. Its always a fantastic laugh and a perfect time for all of us to meet up, catch up and go for a drive. There is no plan for location or date at present and this thread is to discuss exactly that.

Date: Usually the last weekend of November or first weekend of December. This would be the 26/27th of November or 3rd/4th of December.

Location: 2015 was in Barnwood, Gloucester. 2014 was in Barnwood, Gloucester. 2013 was in Milton Keynes. 2012 was in Reading. Ideally it needs to be somewhere central so its fair for all members but if there is a good enough reason we can move around. With a proposed Easter Lake District meet in the works the christmas meet may be south based so that both regions get a meet.

Awards: We had awards last year and hope to continue the tradition.

Share any other thoughts you have.
Thanks given by:
It would be nice to go somewhere different as Barnwood has been done.
I suppose as I'm poopooing Barnwood I should come up with an alternative so let me suggest somewhere in the Warwick / Royal Leamington Spa / Stratford upon Avon region.

Other than that either weekend is good but first weekend of December is probably best as most people don't get paid till the end of the month and also it's not really a Christmas meet if it's over a month before Christmas.
Thanks given by:
barnwood is a great location imo - easy access to great driving roads too

decent enough and cheap hotel with entertainment over the rd too, so not having to travel or loose the group

depends if people are genuinely bored of it, don't see the point in changing it for the sake of it

granted its not close to everyone, including me its a fair drive to get to - but gunna have that anywhere we go
Thanks given by:
i can get to barnwood but it's a fair trek and would throw out suggestions for somewhere further east :-)

I can make the first weekend in December but not the November date.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
i ndidnt mind where we were last year to be fair was a fair drive but then again most shows/meets are from where i live. i can probably do either date to be fair
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2016, 08:35 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: decent enough and cheap hotel with entertainment over the rd too, so not having to travel or loose the group
But there is loads of places like that up and down the country where there is a cheap and reasonable chain hotel next to a big pub/restaurant and some sort of bowling alleyway/bar/arcade type place.

(17-09-2016, 08:35 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: barnwood is a great location imo - easy access to great driving roads too
IMO the club shouldn't be having those sorts of spirited group drives. People get carried away and become far too enthusiastic, drive too fast for the situation, they drive too close as they are trying to keep up so as to not get lost and also prove that their cars aren't slow and I dread the result of a collision that could occur through unforeseen circumstances. Also the club organising such a thing requires them to inform the police in advance but I can bet I know what the answer would be if they actually did ask for permission. Remember the bloke from the UK Integra club who got jail time for his involvement in one of these type of club drives.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2016, 05:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(17-09-2016, 08:35 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: decent enough and cheap hotel with entertainment over the rd too, so not having to travel or loose the group
But there is loads of places like that up and down the country where there is a cheap and reasonable chain hotel next to a big pub/restaurant and some sort of bowling alleyway/bar/arcade type place.

(17-09-2016, 08:35 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: barnwood is a great location imo - easy access to great driving roads too
IMO the club shouldn't be having those sorts of spirited group drives. People get carried away and become far too enthusiastic, drive too fast for the situation, they drive too close as they are trying to keep up so as to not get lost and also prove that their cars aren't slow and I dread the result of a collision that could occur through unforeseen circumstances. Also the club organising such a thing requires them to inform the police in advance but I can bet I know what the answer would be if they actually did ask for permission. Remember the bloke from the UK Integra club who got jail time for his involvement in one of these type of club drives.

Unlike you to pick faults with club meets :/

Then suggest / organise somewhere. You don't see the point of moving it 'just cause'

Never experienced the sort of spirited drive with oc that you're suggesting. With Welsh border one doorstep there are lots of beautiful roads with decent scenery for photo ops. Better than anything Coventry has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
i don't want to get involved with the where after "Yorkgate" Tongue if i can make it i'll come wherever it is Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
We have been for drives before. The christmas meet last year was probably 8 cars at best. Of we set locatuons to meet and swap phone numbers There is really no need to keep up and show off. It hasn't happened before and i hope it wont happen.
Thanks given by:
Personally a little bored of Barnwood. It's nice and all but would like to go somewhere else.

What about somewhere more like Leicester way? As that's pretty central and makes a change from south west as alot of us travel that way for FCS/Pugfest anyway?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I can do 26/27 Nov ATM
I would like to do somewhere different how about the peaks or lake district?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
So i think it would be better to do an easter meet up in the lake district. Especially if there is bad weather the lakes wont be that fun. For the lakes it would be driving orientated where as many people prefer the christmas meet to be social rather than having a day out driving.
Thanks given by:
I tend to agree with the boring Barnwood scenario but can't think where else to go.. What about MK direction? Slightly further north but a good fun area..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Still think Bicester is a good shout, not just because its local to me but the fact its easy to get to and fairly central for most.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
A second vote for Leicester / east mids
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Leicester would be good. Not that far from us for sa change couple of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
We've just been informed of a family gathering on the 26/27th November so me and Bash can only make the December date now.
Thanks given by:
The December date send like the best one of the two. I'll give it a few more days before looking for a hotel and activities in the most popular location.
Thanks given by:
Taybarns /thread
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2016, 10:25 AM)Matt Wrote: Taybarns /thread

looks good!

Bowling, super markets, food and a premier inn. For those of us who want a drive should be able to get out to the west in 30 mins.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tayb...d-1.429274

Currently up for £42 per night.
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2016, 10:36 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(27-09-2016, 10:25 AM)Matt Wrote: Taybarns /thread

looks good!

Bowling, super markets, food and a premier inn. For those of us who want a drive should be able to get out to the west in 30 mins.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tayb...d-1.429274

Currently up for £42 per night.

Close to hospital too @dumdum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2016, 11:38 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Close to hospital too @dumdum

Oooh, plan.
I love how you guys are always looking out for me Smile
Thanks given by:
looks good. once an official date is made etc i will book it for me and lu.
Thanks given by:
I am back to Russia  in 2 weeks. I'd go for somewhere  around the Kremlin if that helps
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2016, 07:30 PM)ROBCAT Wrote: I am back to Russia  in 2 weeks. I'd go for somewhere  around the Kremlin if that helps

That would make an epic photo!
Thanks given by:
Closed - Find the official thread!

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=34911
Thanks given by:
Reopened... looks like Premier Inn Coventry east is already full! D: Now looking for other premier inns around coventry...

This one in leicster looks great and rooms are currently £31pn. Its got bowling, cinema and loads of food across the motorway. Thoughts? Ill leave it until tonight and then repost the official thread.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Prem...-1.1907184
Thanks given by:
Leicester sounds good dude.
Thanks given by:
tbh i hate coventry, its a bumhole of a place

leicester would be fine with me, and cheaper hotels too
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2016, 06:48 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: tbh i hate coventry, its a bumhole of a place

leicester would be fine with me, and cheaper hotels too

Probably cheaper pubs too as it's further north and more of a shit hole.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,811 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,678 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
  306oc Christmas Meet 2017 - 2nd/3rd December - Coventry Eeyore 26 21,976 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM