Volvos pledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvos pledge
By 2020, no one will die in our cars, have a google. Genuinely a statement made by Volvo also said if you're an idiot and want to die the car wont stop you. I think this is only a good thing for the market leading with safety however much I like old cars. Thoughts??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Have you seen the crash test they did with 'auto brakes' and a person? Looks like they'll just be killing more people outside so at least the balance remains the same! lol
Thanks given by:
The auto brake test is a classic, but go watch the new XC90 rollover, it looks like a kids toy just been thrown on the floor rather than a 2.2t vehicle... Never seen anything look quite as sturdy as that...

Personally don't think it can be done, just every eventuality to be covered... Be interesting to see, from the way some of the latest crash tests are going, wouldn't be surprised..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just not possible. Volvo might make safe cars but will never account for other peoples poor driving.
Thanks given by:
Just drive a tank if your that worried.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 09:11 AM)Ruan Wrote: The auto brake test is a classic, but go watch the new XC90 rollover, it looks like a kids toy just been thrown on the floor rather than a 2.2t vehicle... Never seen anything look quite as sturdy as that...

That's certainly impressive!!
Thanks given by:
You say it cant be done the xc90 in America has never had a death. I've seen that crash test its impressive.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Sooner or later someone will stuff it into the back of a HGV at motorway speeds.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 01:55 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Sooner or later someone will stuff it into the back of a HGV at motorway speeds.

With another HGV following too closely behind! Sad
Thanks given by:
if we leave everything to automation, people will lose what (little) skills they have.
and, as a driver & rider this is of some concern (anyone see car-crash Britain?).
also, who will be held responsible in such collisions?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
As above, this is just yet another nail in the coffin of thinking drivers. My favourite is the current bmw radio ad: "light can be illuminating, but also dazzling. Our new high beam assist means that headlights are dipped automatically, so you can keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road". Not being funny, but if you can't use the stalk 1 inch away from your finger without looking away from the road and taking a hand off the wheel you should have your f*cking licence removed.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: silverzx
(04-02-2016, 07:18 AM)Poodle Wrote: As above, this is just yet another nail in the coffin of thinking drivers. My favourite is the current bmw radio ad: "light can be illuminating, but also dazzling. Our new high beam assist means that headlights are dipped automatically, so you can keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road". Not being funny, but if you can't use the stalk 1 inch away from your finger without looking away from the road and taking a hand off the wheel you should have your f*cking licence removed.

You're talking about bmw drivers. That's the same stalk the indicators are on as far as they're concerned they think its in the boot.
Thanks given by:
I rarely use full beams, but when I do often forget to switch them off until it's too late, sounds like a useful feature to me! Tongue lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Anyone on here into volvos bashbarnard 34 6,809 05-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Volvos - With a lot of boost! Eeyore 8 3,049 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe