Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Drivers door not opening from outside
#1
So my drivers door will not open from the outside when I unlock it but it will open if it has already been opened, any ideas? It's going in for an mot Wednesday so it needs to open, any help is appreciated
#2
I'd be inclined to whip the door card off and check everything is as it should be with the handle from that side. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#3
Also check the striker plate and door catch aren't loose. Seen this issue before (don't think it was one of my own cars) but I just cant remember what the actual problem was!
#4
I had a problem like this, was one of the rods loose in the door. Wasn't engaging properly
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#5
Nice, I'll take the door card off tomorrow and check everything, thanks
#6
Ive got this problem with the 1.8. I just had to keep pulling and eventually it would open. Occasionally i had to get in through the rear doors and climb over the buckets!
#7
Oh I have to climb in through my passenger door every morning, I still haven't sorted it out but it needs to work for an mot
#8
It was the little bit of plastic that surrounds the lock bit that goes up and down when you lock/unlock the door, I've taken it out and it hasn't happened since
#9
i had this issue with mine. It worked on probably the 20th time trying.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opening passenger door problem MY95 1 2,063 19-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Toms306
Video Drivers door speaker aaron_one 11 5,832 01-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Last Post: aaron_one
  Drivers exterior door handle chylledapps 0 1,621 26-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Last Post: chylledapps

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)