Drivers door speaker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers door speaker
Video 
Recently bought my 306 but the drivers door speaker doesn't work! The window etc works but not the speaker, any suggestions as to what it might be before I start tearing everything out?
Thanks given by:
Poss be broken wire in the door loom
Thanks given by:
That sounds awkward
Thanks given by:
It's not to bad, pop door off and can easy check the wires
Thanks given by:
have you another spkr to try 1st?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I have old blaupunkt ones I could try yup. So I have to take the whole door off?
Thanks given by:
std, on mine is a separate grille in the bottom corner of the door. just pops out (carefully)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
No you dont have to take the whole door off!!!!! You only have to take the door card off! Start by taking off the triangular mirror shroud then take the armrest off 2x 8mm hex or star driver!then the interior door handle plastic sorround which pops off from the front to the rear(do it in reverse and you'll break the front clip!!!
The door card pops off from the bottom edge near the sill and has 3 or 4 pop clips along the bottom and a couple more on each side!
Once you've done the speaker make sure you clip the long metal runner/ guide that runs the length of the top of the door card back on to it's channel on the top of the door skin/window runner/seal, and at the same time make sure you line up the lock button rod with the lock button hole befor you scre the armrest back on and replace the handle shroud!
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2015, 01:16 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: No you dont have to take the whole door off!!!!! You only have to take the door card off! Start by taking off the triangular mirror shroud then take the armrest off 2x 8mm hex or star driver!then the interior door handle plastic sorround which pops off from the front to the rear(do it in reverse and you'll break the front clip!!!
The door card pops off from the bottom edge near the sill and has 3 or 4 pop clips along the bottom and a couple more on each side!
Once you've done the speaker make sure you clip the long metal runner/ guide that runs the length of the top of the door card back on to it's channel on the top of the door skin/window runner/seal, and at the same time make sure you line up the lock button rod with the lock button hole befor you scre the armrest back on and replace the handle shroud!

To check/repair the door loom it makes it a lot easier with the door off

And you dont need to take the door card off to change the speaker
Thanks given by:
Just take the speaker grill off and check speaker wiring and test a working speaker you have lying around. 
I'd try that before taking door panel off, even though neither jobs are particularly difficult
Thanks given by:
Might sound a little condescending as well (but worth checking! Wink ), but have you checked the stereo settings? Only reason I mention it is my mum bought a new car recently, and complained to me that the drivers side speaker wasn't working, turned out the balance was set all the way left! lol

As others have said, check the wiring to the speaker itself first (connection may have come loose), if not, try a working speaker, and then the door loom from there if it still doesn't work. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah that was the first thing I checked, happened on my missus car once upon a time and I found out that way. I'll check the wiring to the speaker tomorrow in the light!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speaker Dimensions puglife306 5 3,528 30-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Drivers door not opening from outside connorp 8 1,122 18-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Drivers speaker and tweeter. aaron_one 4 942 25-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan