Powerflex black series wishbone bushes, last set up for grabs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex black series wishbone bushes, last set up for grabs
Do they not have any quality control? Bit ridiculous really, so just chop that bit off and good to go?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine are the same as well Sad

(22-06-2015, 01:52 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(22-06-2015, 01:35 PM)Connor Wrote: These are what mine look like, looks like the same as yours, but the metal sleeve is flush with both ends of bushes?

yup they shouldn't have that extra bit protruding from the chamfer

pin length is irrelevant as I don't think the bushes don't touch each other when installed - as long as its 62mm or under in length should be fine

Measuring mine there near on 62mm
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20150622-WA0002_zpsr1gquzrv.jpg]

They are the ones at kam racing which were from the second batch

Seems as though the first lot were the same? I remember some of the boxes being different to others if that's got anything to do with it
Thanks given by:
Yeah there was 1 older style box, but all part no.s were the same. But I had 2 of the newer style boxes :/ I'll measure mine tomorrow and see what that comes up as
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2015, 02:02 PM)Connor Wrote: Do they not have any quality control? Bit ridiculous really, so just chop that bit off and good to go?

pretty much, get the stanley knife out = job done
Thanks given by:
So what's the catch? When they turn up sending them off to powerflex or?...
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to get this rectified before the remainder are dispatched
Thanks given by:
Well mine are measuring st a touch over 62mm I'll recheck they once they're in the wishbones though
Thanks given by:
Mine seem to be just over 62mm

[Image: F6BD3C9E-65C0-46B5-B7F1-62D588F2227D_zpsiice8wya.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They won't install like that - they don't touch each other in the middle when installed

(23-06-2015, 12:35 PM)Frosty Wrote: Mine seem to be just over 62mm

Thanks given by:
I've got Kev to measure the ones at Kam racing

The metal pin is 62. The two bushes just over 60mm
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 12:41 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: They won't install like that - they don't touch each other in the middle when installed

(23-06-2015, 12:35 PM)Frosty Wrote: Mine seem to be just over 62mm

Ah so when fitted it will be more than 62mm so unlikely mine will fit. Be interesting to see how the new 1s they will send you are different
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 12:45 PM)Frosty Wrote: Ah so when fitted it will be more than 62mm so unlikely mine will fit. Be interesting to see how the new 1s they will send you are different

Real simple, they just won't have that extra 1mm or so after the chamfer on the end of each bush

as per the stock product pic

[Image: %24_1.JPG]
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 12:41 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I've got Kev to measure the ones at Kam racing

The metal pin is 62. The two bushes just over 60mm

Thats what mine measure as well, will have to get round to fitting them at some point 
Thanks given by:
Real sorry about the delay with replying, as some of you know my dad's been diagnosed with lung cancer and I've spent nearly every single day in hospital or looking after him.

I've got the bushes in my possession now and I'll be fitting a set of bushes to the pair of wishbones I have to rule out a tolerance issue.
I'll know as of tomorrow whether these are good to go. I've just measured the front bushes I have here and they measure at 60mm

Again apologies for the delay but I've had it real f*cking hard

There are one set still spare unless connorp wants the ones he gave up if they fit
Thanks given by:
Is that the set I asked for? or isit a different set?
Thanks given by:
A different set, yours are being kept aside mate

Would you mind transferring me the money for those please

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2015, 09:32 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Real sorry about the delay with replying, as some of you know my dad's been diagnosed with lung cancer and I've spent nearly every single day in hospital or looking after him.

Again apologies for the delay but I've had it real f*cking hard

Paul really very sorry to hear about your dad, must be absolute hell you're going through, and I'm sure everyone here is sympathetic to your current situation.
Thanks given by:
I was hoping to give you cash at pugfest? I can pay the deposit or what ever now if you'd like?

If you really can't wait I'll pay now...

Let me know and sorry to hear about your dad and situation...
Thanks given by:
Just spoke to powerflex and I'm sending these back asap to get rectified
Thanks given by:
What about us who already have them? I mean I want to fit them this weekend and will happily just cut them down, but surely some sort of compensation should be in order for everyone?
Thanks given by:
I can explain to the bloke I'm dealing with at powerflex the situation and you can send yours back to get replacements

As you all know powerflex's quality control is abysmal, I'm going to be out of pocket sending these back to get replacements.
Thanks given by:
How can you be out of pocket? they are legally bound to pay the return carriage, although I believe since you sourced them at KAM racing they should be the ones paying and dealing with it and then chasing powerflex for remuneration.
Thanks given by:
Guys I understand a lot of you will be pretty annoyed you've bought something that's not right. That's not Paul's fault at all and is out of his control.
The only reason we got these at this price is because Paul is very good friends with the owner at Kam racing and has done these for next to no mark up at all. We will try and get money back from Powerflex for postage but if not, the club will pay it as it's unfair to ask Kam to do so considering how much they have helped already.
Please do be patient guys. I know you all want shiny things to fit but Paul has had some awful news about his dad and quite rightly so isn't in a position where he needs to be dealing with any agro from this. If anyone still feels rather annoyed, please get in touch with me and not Paul Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Paul at all, it's powerflex who need to pull their finger out
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2015, 05:33 PM)Connor Wrote: Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Paul at all, it's powerflex who need to pull their finger out

I know no one is having a go at Paul but I'm just saying, give us a little bit of slack. It will be sorted. I promise Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You have plenty enough slack :gigidy:
Thanks given by:
Just waiting for the replacements to come back from powerflex, they'll be here this week.

Just to say there's one full set left still if any one wants it.

Just to clarify it'll be the revised bushes and they'll be a straight fit
Thanks given by:
Make sure you arent out of pocket Paul.

They covered all expenses when I had an issue with the purple type
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20150708_183134_zpskeoort9h.jpg]

[Image: 20150708_183118_zpstoiryjbo.jpg]

Will be posting these shortly
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Powerflex lower mount Piggy 1 1,282 05-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  For Sale: B6 Rear Shocks/PowerFlex Bushes/XBox Gold Alan_M 6 2,152 03-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  FOR SALE: Yellow powerflex bush Piggy 11 3,407 09-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Piggy