darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
Really disconcerting seeing injector lines on that block...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Really disconcerting seeing injector lines on that block...

Meh you know it makes sence....

Bord of waiting for the ecu doctors to get there arses in gear and force 60 pounds down the intake, and seen as tho my ecu only lasted a week this was the only option...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Progress pretty much at a standstill, have somehow managed to get ill as f*ck, doctor said could take 3 months to overcome, so that sucks pretty badly.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
You got flu or something? Get well soon w/e it is.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Progress pretty much at a standstill, have somehow managed to get ill as f*ck, doctor said could take 3 months to overcome, so that sucks pretty badly.

That sucks mate, get well soon and all, whats wrong with you if you don't mind me asking!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Progress pretty much at a standstill, have somehow managed to get ill as f*ck, doctor said could take 3 months to overcome, so that sucks pretty badly.

That sucks mate, get well soon and all, whats wrong with you if you don't mind me asking!

Have someone managed to fairly seriously damage the inside of my ear somehow at work (driving fencing stakes), which has resulted in splitting some kinda membrane, which has now typically got infected, resulting in the orignal problem, plus liquid in the ear which has caused Tinnitus, basically hurts like f*ck and have constant fuzzing in my ear, which is driving me insane....

Shame really, as until now, ive not been to the doctors since I was 15, and that was only for a jab before a holiday, and im 22 now, so you can tell I only go there when absolutely nessercery!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:That sucks mate, get well soon and all, whats wrong with you if you don't mind me asking!

Have someone managed to fairly seriously damage the inside of my ear somehow at work (driving fencing stakes), which has resulted in splitting some kinda membrane, which has now typically got infected, resulting in the orignal problem, plus liquid in the ear which has caused Tinnitus, basically hurts like f*ck and have constant fuzzing in my ear, which is driving me insane....

Shame really, as until now, ive not been to the doctors since I was 15, and that was only for a jab before a holiday, and im 22 now, so you can tell I only go there when absolutely nessercery!

Ouch that sucks, proper reason to go the Doctors tho. Had a mate with a pierced ear drum, never really goes away an can pick up infections easily, unfortunately man! Hopefully you get better soon ...
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Have someone managed to fairly seriously damage the inside of my ear somehow at work (driving fencing stakes), which has resulted in splitting some kinda membrane, which has now typically got infected, resulting in the orignal problem, plus liquid in the ear which has caused Tinnitus, basically hurts like f*ck and have constant fuzzing in my ear, which is driving me insane....

Thats a bit shitty mate! ear problems f*ck all sorts of things up like your balance as well depending on what it is thats messed up Sad

I am the same with docs/hosp, you only go when you are either so ill you think you might die or when something is hanging off/no longer properly attached! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
"sounds" horrible whistle :violin:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Have someone managed to fairly seriously damage the inside of my ear somehow at work (driving fencing stakes), which has resulted in splitting some kinda membrane, which has now typically got infected, resulting in the orignal problem, plus liquid in the ear which has caused Tinnitus, basically hurts like f*ck and have constant fuzzing in my ear, which is driving me insane....

If my proffesional opinion mirrored my xud opinions... i'd say your ear was fked.. Tongue

Doesn't sound too pleasant bud, avoid fingering (ooh err) your ear. It will only make things worse and is quite easily done without thinking really. Avoid loud sounds/music too but then you have probably been told all this anyway. The tinnitus is quite a bastuurd really, when its all quiet - thats when it really grates! Hopefully clear up once the pressure normalises.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Hahah fair play, can't really argue with that. Bad times on the ear thing, my vote goes to mtfu though, i haven't been to the doctor since i was fifteen either and i've got 4 years on you. Tongue lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Hahah fair play, can't really argue with that. Bad times on the ear thing, my vote goes to mtfu though, i haven't been to the doctor since i was fifteen either and i've got 4 years on you. Tongue lol

But are you a farmer working in stupid conditions 365 days a year with near no days off?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Just caught up with the project, awesome progress so far mate well done! Proper shitter about your ear, as Mark said the knock on effects from having a problem in the ear are horrendous. Get well soon matey, we are all waiting to hear (but quietly) the first start of that beastie!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Hm I'm gutted this has decided to play up now right when im despiratly trying to push this on, how many weeks is it now till FCS? As It was going to be near impossible anyway, and I think this will have put the final stop on that now Sad
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Wow that sucks mate Sad You don't think the engine will be back in with even the SC and turbo setup?

Hope you get better soon though man, take it easy. I know tinnitus is a bitch, I'm not sure how bad it is for you or if you've had it before but you eventually tune out from it, but when you do focus on it it's harder to take your mind off it
Thanks given by:
Sucks mate, get well soon.
Thanks given by:
proper sucks man. i know what its like with tinnitus, tho i bet mines not nearly as bad as yours. all the best dude
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So I figured id sit down quiet yesterday (regret it today!) and carry on with a little job that needed doing on the car, stripped the XUD loom down, and removed all the crap I didnt need / re taped it all, amazing how much crap pug put in the loom thats totally pointless tbh!

Old loom: (has already been pruned once before for last rebuild)

[Image: IMAG0340.jpg]

Afterwards:

[Image: IMAG0342.jpg]

And a lol loom off a field car that we figured we would get around to removing seen as tho we were changing the tranny anyway, was the car - engine loom that got caught up last season, but couldnt be arsed to remove it lol.

[Image: IMAG0341.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Lots of wire! Lol stripbit out and weigh ib?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Lots of wire! Lol stripbit out and weigh ib?

Meh, got like 4-5 complete car looms in the 'shop, but more usefull for connectors / wire than scrap value tbh...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Lookin good darren, didnt realise there was that much crap on the loom that could be taken off?

That driveshaft is epic, theres even a jubilee clip in there!

Do makeshift lobotomy on your ear, sort 'er out!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive been getting £20-£30 for a compleet loom stripped of its connectors and trunking at the scrappers cos usually a car does a couple of bin bags full.
Thanks given by:
Sorry Darren, was only messing. I've had earache the once and it killed me, god knows what yours must feel like to live with, especially when you do a proper job (EDIT: no pun intended lol).

Dave Wrote:Do makeshift lobotomy on your ear, sort 'er out!

lol Can just see him with his head in the vice while Chris takes careful aim with the hammer and chisel...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Been doctors again today, and seems the reason half my external ear / side of face is swelling up is because the infection has spread out from just inside the ear, hence the pain, has given me some kinda spray thing now as well for in my ear, but no effect as of yet, had to work this afternoon as well as desperate to turn ground over in the dry to drill corn, and I don't think has helped matters...

But some good news, got the V5 back today, and they have changed the engine code /capacity, no questions asked....I could see this being a right farce, so to think they have just done it, perfectly, no questions asked, is epic, so well done DVLA! You did something epically right for a change!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
haha nice to see dvla doing something right and on time for a change!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Any update on this yet Darren?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Not much been going on really as busy with other things / friends down etc.

Have got a crank pulley dilema kicking off at the moment, which is holding things up pretty lamely, still a huge amount to do, so no point rushing it just for sake of going to FCS.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Well a bit of an overdue update, but sadly not a very interesting one,

Have pretty much been sorting out some campatibility issues over last few days, as nothing bolts up as I had hoped, so have been having to re make just about everything to make it fit / work right.

Tonight has been sorting out the charger, as it used to bolt to the alternator bracket / block / pump, and all 3 are out of sync / different now, so had to start over, also added a steel plate to make the mount rigid to stop stress being put across the charger itself, which last time resulted in a mounting lug snapping off.

[Image: IMAG0362.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0363.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0364.jpg]

Other bits and bobs werent really worth bothering to take photos of, have also sorted out a lower tensioner, so just need to measure up for belt and get one, and charger should be finished bar painting up the brackets.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Woop woop, any progress is good progress IMO
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Woop woop, any progress is good progress IMO

This. Good to see the final engine in there!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,079 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,533 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 189,501 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009