Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily
After blowing up my Ranger I spent the £350 I got for the dead Ranger on a lovely little 1998 Peugeot 106 NAD. It's a 3dr on 156k with a nice spec of electric windows and rev counter but manual mirrors. It's got a little bit of rust and its not the best but it was £350 with some MOT and she looked good in the advert, so good I actually bought her blind just putting down a deposit over the phone.
[attachment=22610]

After 4 hours driving with no music she was home and even driving at normal motorway speeds and getting caught in traffic she did 68mpg so here she is with her big sister.
[attachment=22611]

She has a list of issues as long as your arm and the engine bay is an utter rats nest of loose wiring and pipes. Some of the fuel hose is made of brake pipe and there is massive live wires just joined to relay wires with electrical tape, nothing feels particularly attached and the battery in there is an utter monster.
[attachment=22612]
[attachment=22613]

First job was fitting a working stereo which fortunately was a simple job
[attachment=22615]

And the best job was fitting a set of GTi6 seats I bought off Nathan in exchange for some parts for his DTurbo. They bolt straight in to the tunnel side of the seat once spaced up a bit and the sill side sits nicely on top of the 106 runners. Now I can actually fit in the car comfortably to drive it.
[attachment=22614]
Thanks given by:
Hero! Just don't fiddle with this one too much. Although i have heard they take to having a turbo welded to them very well....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If you just fix the problems (note I said fix, not spectacularly bodge Tongue ), you'll end up with a really solid little motor. If you need a hand with anything, you can always head on down and we'll do mendings and stuff
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
You know that isn't happening. It was about 20% cheaper to insure as modified so it is definitely getting clones and a huge drop as well as all the broken things fixed.

Not sure I'd turbo this lump as I reckon a 1.4 HDi would be an awesome swap
Thanks given by:
Now I'm not a diesel person so excuse the ignorance but aren't them 1.4HDis utter shite and gutless?
Just leave it pretty standard. Like Jonny says, you could have a good little car there if its not f*cked with lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
1.4 HDis are shite in heavy new cars... In a 106 they'd be awesome I reckon... Not worth the swap though for all the problems it'll cause imo lol.
Thanks given by:
2.1 conversion expected
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a spare 1.9 lump coming out when i fit the 2.1 even got some driveshafts laying about and another gearbox I think. ...
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
My sister's 1.4 HDi has 90bhp, and is pretty pokey in her C3
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I had a white one of these NAD machines, it had one speaker and oil leaked out between the block and the head all the time haha.

Also the slowest thing on earth.
[Image: signaturerrf_zps1c82612b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like a nice car to do some off roading in Wink

For the time it spent it spent on the road the one I had was great fun lol
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 10:24 AM)Niall Wrote: Now I'm not a diesel person so excuse the ignorance but aren't them 1.4HDis utter shite and gutless?
Just leave it pretty standard. Like Jonny says, you could have a good little car there if its not f*cked with lol
It's all relative mate. Compared to 56bhp most engines are an upgrade. The 1.4HDi 8v is still pretty gutless with 70bhp (90bhp with a remap) but the 1.4HDi 16v has 92bhp as standard and maps to 120bhp easily which is the same power as the 106 GTi. FMIC and some other bits and I'm sure there is really good power to be had out of both.

(11-04-2015, 10:35 AM)Piggy Wrote: 2.1 conversion expected
2.1TD with turbo relocation and a decent box would weigh as much as the rest of the car.
Thanks given by:
Great little cars these, genuinely can't think of cheaper motoring.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Is that a dealership buy? Brave... Should bring this to pugrun, it's looking like i'll be in mine now too lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle I don't think I'm taxing the rallye for 4 days of the month so yeah I'll be bringing this along.

Yes and no on a dealership buy. I bought it privately off the bloke who runs the dealership and it was parked next to the dealership. Basically a get out of having to give any warranty. £350 what do you expect.

I hope I can fit bigger brakes and clones before then as I cant cope with coming to a meet with shit brakes.
Thanks given by:
Look a good buy, I bought my dad one 18 months ago as I was fed up of him buying sheds and he bloody loves it. Puts in a tenner a fortnight haha.

I've got some 247 calipers here, also 283 but may be overkill.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I've got 266 calipers, just need discs and probably pads. IMO 266 is about right for a 106 that's never gonna be silly fast especially when it doesn't have ABS
Thanks given by:
love the colour! will look amazing with cyclones!
Thanks given by:
These look loads better on Speedlines mate...
Thanks given by:
If it's a daily why not just leave it alone?
Thanks given by:
White clones or white speedlines would look awesome on this. I'm after Speedlines myself
Thanks given by:
I have Cyclones on mine & I dislike them I'd go with 205 1.9's 
I'm on the look one for either a set of wellers or some decent 1.9's
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 12:31 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: If it's a daily why not just leave it alone?
Probably because its his? You've modded your daily?
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 04:20 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 12:31 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: If it's a daily why not just leave it alone?

I only have one car. My impression was a daily is supposed to be the shed to get you from a to b whilst the second car gets the modifications/money spent, hence having a daily.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 04:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:

I only have one car. My impression was a daily is supposed to be the shed to get you from a to b whilst the second car gets the modifications/money spent, hence having a daily.
Which I assume you use roughly daily yeah?
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 04:30 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Of course, but I don't have another car to modify or spend money on.

If I had a shitter as a daily & a Rallye as the weekend/show car.. I certainly wouldn't spend money modifying the shitter. It'd get spent on the Rallye.. Which is the whole point of having a daily.. Where's the line when you then need to buy another daily because your daily is too modified to be a daily hack?

You're missing my point by making it personal to my circumstance.
Thanks given by:
Totally win

Love the gti seat's Wink
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 04:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:30 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Of course, but I don't have another car to modify or spend money on.

If I had a shitter as a daily & a Rallye as the weekend/show car.. I certainly wouldn't spend money modifying the shitter. It'd get spent on the Rallye.. Which is the whole point of having a daily.. Where's the line when you then need to buy another daily because your daily is too modified to be a daily hack?

You're missing my point by making it personal to my circumstance.
Yeah you'd do that, some of us like to modify whatever we drive. I got your point, I just don't agree.
Thanks given by:
Ph1 106 1.9gti speed lines
ph2 106 cyclones

Or rallye steels
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. I used to drive my ex's 1.1 106 and it was a great little car Smile
Thanks given by: