Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can't Get Injectors In
#1
Is there a certain thing or process I need to do with the injectors? I cannot get them back in the manifold no matter how hard I push. 
I literally don't understand.
#2
What engine is this? Rallye as per your profile?

Maybe a spray of wd40 to help them slide in.
They are a lady garden to do
#3
Thanks Paul, I'll have a go. If I know they're a problem I'll struggle on.  Angry
#4
wd40 will swell the seals making it harder Wink

just us a bit of spit on the ring and push Tongue

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

#5
Surprised no-ones suggested a hammer yet...
#6
HAMMER
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#7
Ah right that would explain my previous problems trying to install injectors Big Grin
#8
just a tiny smear of grease, never had issue getting them back in.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#9
As Mei says, tiny smear of grease and if they won't just push straight in, you should be able to rotate them whilst pushing to wiggle them in.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#10
Also be careful that the fuel rail is seated on the top of them properly before tightening down otherwise it will pinch a seal and split it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#11
Cheers guys, the smear of grease did the job perfectly. Just found the bloody metal clips though, got to work out where they went now!  Nospeak
#12
Once you put the fuel rail on they go on the top of the injectors and the metal cups on the bottom of the fuel rail. They should just click on, if you have to force them on you're not putting them on the right way. Have a search on the gti6 forum people have uploaded photographs of them fitted correctly I seem to remember.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#13
Standard grease will eat rubber by the way. If you use any grease use red rubber grease, although its expensive so maybe just some spit!
#14
I got a 500g tub of rrg about £8 I didn't want to buy as only needed abit but its good for slides and calipers so worth buying in the end
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
#15
I rebuilt the whole lot from the fuel rail down, so the clips are on correctly, they just don't quite seem to sit too well in the manifold now but I'll see what happens there in due course. 


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)