Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Kezzers diablo gti6
#31
(24-03-2015, 06:02 PM)O puglove Wrote: Just makes it look like you bought some. Gone im not even gona bother tryin to match The colour...... f*ck it black will do.... like when people put gti body kits on a 1.1 and think f*ck i'll spray it black thats easier . Then it just looks shit

Does this theory of yours apply to all models with black morettes?
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.


Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
#32
Unless the car is black ..... yes

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#33
Interesting
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.


Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
#34
Lmfao! Wow I've heard some things in my time
Well I could match the colour in fact I could do them any colour in want tbh
I've gone with a high gloss black from a spray gun which , will be flatted and buffed so they have a mirror face , and will sit nice next to a freshly painted grill and bumper (and soon bonnet when I have time )

When the can rattle canned matt black then I can sort of see where your coming from but otherwise I completely disagree . I'm hoping you will actually get over it but I fear you may not
#35
Lol . You sir are a sarcastic dick. lol

I was only giving a appinion, but it has clearly upset you and i fear this somthing you may not get over lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#36
Maybe I threw a bit or sarcasm in there as I was a little (shocked ) at your opinion on black morrettes in general, I really don't care your entitled to your opinion and as I'm on a public forum I except opinions.
I think they will look good that's the bottom line as it's my car
(Would you like a hug?) Wink
#37
So let's update with today's work , job one was to finish prepping the bumper and to remove the splitter and central grill
[Image: 20150324_130954_zpse0kboll5.jpg]

I sanded down the splitter as it's actually been painted and was so badly damaged it was unclean able so needed a coat of black which I just rattled canned , as I could not bring myself to waste good paint on something that will be battered on the first drive out
[Image: 20150324_131924_zpsg8i3xmgr.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_132149_zpsxfceh7fz.jpg]

Next up it was time for primer so here are a few pics
[Image: 20150324_142731_zpsxoa6im3q.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_142736_zpss9eyqae8.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_142754_zpsqv1m6uwc.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_142822_zpsmwjns1wo.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_142836_zps4x7opf3j.jpg]

Here is a pic of the pug as she stands
[Image: 20150324_144042_zpsbytcvfgi.jpg]

Back to it then , as the morrettes where going a different colour to the bumper and grill they needed doing first so here they are , just need a light flat and buff on the face and will look spot on
[Image: 20150324_173737_zpsvbrnoa2w.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_204145_zpse2mqwqqt.jpg]

After it was time to colour and then lacquer the grill slam panel and bonnet and I will leave you all with them drying for the night
[Image: 20150324_211442_zps1iekrix2.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_211436_zpsbwj8jhnx.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_211431_zpsr3al4olm.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_211351_zpsyedrsbuv.jpg]
[Image: 20150324_211342_zpsjsaa8itv.jpg]
#38
Progress is looking great mate! Smile I need to get started on the body work on mines!
#39
Top job mate,you should do the whole car Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#40
Well I've put it all back together tonight and it looks stunning but waiting till morning to get pics as night pics are always crap
#41
So literally have not stopped over last few days and only just had enough time to hit some snaps of the car this morning was hoping for some sun but these will have to do for now etc
[Image: 20150326_091147_zpsllnoew4j.jpg]
[Image: 20150326_091216_zpsn95j4n5d.jpg]
[Image: 20150326_091202_zpsluwajv03.jpg]
#42
i am not sure if i like the black morrettes, the paint job is good mind!
#43
There is a little bit more to it have a small quirky plan for the car nothing major but in order for that plan the morrettes need to be black , in person it looks great.
Bonnet will be off next week and il be painting that as it's also covered in stone chips and lacquer peel due to the chips etc
#44
Got a bit of sun so snapped a couple of pics
[Image: 20150327_083720_zpsjcmjic4o.jpg]
[Image: 20150327_083803_zps8yazkth4.jpg]
#45
Ok so a small update I recently purchased an omp strut brace , I turned up the other day , as you can see its certainly had it day.
[Image: 20150328_200830_zps4exdabcu.jpg]
[Image: 20150328_200844_zps1mxbmjbf.jpg]
[Image: 20150328_200850_zps99xbk8zv.jpg]

So what to do with it , give it a 5 minute sand down and hit it with some rattle can back and bolt it on?
Nah , instead I'm going to sand the entire thing down so it's even and the polish the whole thing and lacquer it Smile
Unfortunatly my supplies have ran low so I didn't make a huge amount of progress tonight as the rust is pretty bad and deep but I did do a small teaser on what to expect
[Image: 20150328_212018_zpsaayeaffi.jpg]
#46
So spent a tad more time after work of the small side of the brace , needs abit more but certainly looking a lot better
[Image: 050194b805cfea0ce13797e063928dbd_zpsasri9w3u.jpg]
#47
I'm doing the exact same thing with my strut brace at the moment,looking forward to the update Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#48
It would have been a lot easier if it was not so rusty as it's so deep it just takes for ever
#49
So today I cracked on with the brace and got it to a decent standard .
[Image: 734cd646ec4e7b9033ba1cf63f189013_zpsntefr6db.jpg]
[Image: 2c84a09a41a5dd4731dca7b696b30cd8_zpsjydnk4xj.jpg]
[Image: 0f2437a79c3c7655ff78da9164bf0c06_zpsg66sfw28.jpg]

Also my new custom , brake fluid , power steering fluid , fuse box and ecu cover came today , so got them all on
[Image: f13907c727ae2a9ac22d01514434a054_zps6tmbf7dj.jpg]
[Image: 7f715122a0fa4e8830465cd2f6ce3a84_zpshstwbqf5.jpg]
[Image: 368e87f87935e2863d0119d01f7d8061_zpssipnchuy.jpg]

And this turned up and I will be making a start
[Image: 95fccb5f85423dd099d7c02fc2b47f0d_zpsknm64yam.jpg]
#50
Did some on the inlet tonight here is a bit of early stage progress
[Image: 20150331_222902_zps3jeorv1p.jpg]
#51
This project's comming on very quickly,got much else in the pipe line Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#52
Plenty to come haha
#53
So yesterday while I was shopping for a new drill I decided to see if b&q had anything I could make a intake pipe for My morrettes , I had an old intake cup to start with but it was big and would look a bit crap on its own , so I found some sink pipe kit for £7 and then had a great idea with a spot light surrounding which was £2 , I took the item home and got to work
I drilled and few holes in the old intake cup and attached the sink pipe
[Image: 20150401_194227_zps5fhssklv.jpg]

I then had a test fit with the spot light surrounding and I knew I would be good as it has 2 springs that hold it into the cup
[Image: 20150401_194255_zps3q39tpnh.jpg]
[Image: 20150401_194537_zpsbdmdw4ah.jpg]

Then sprayed it yellow and put on the car I made a small insertion into the standard air intake pipe so I have not messed with its original intake system

[Image: 20150401_221934_zpstyf0uwl9.jpg]
[Image: 20150402_090359_zpshnveip59.jpg]
[Image: 20150402_090428_zpsju7arcrb.jpg]
#54
Looks good,should spray the inlet black to go with the lights.

How much work did the strut brace take to get it that shiny.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#55
Your front bumper needs pulling in a little, sits too far out under the wings.
#56
Inlets getting polished mate , and jj yes just purchased my lowered jack so I can get under and stick 2 more bolts in
#57
Some late night antics
[Image: 456a753aa36803e1e0e315b57f7eb806_zpsok4szsfi.jpg]
#58
Popped the badge on this morning
[Image: 20150403_101107_zpstkcaatph.jpg]
#59
This is looking awesome! Needs darker wheels though I reckon? Maybe anthracite?
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#60
The inner lights are horrendously expensive but available on eBay. It'd look better with a gloss black grill.

I genuinely hate body coloured morettes, mine are Matt black
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diablo GTi6 restoration Joep83 2 4,074 27-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 78,721 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  Another Diablo GTI6 project (Now on the road!) kentiiboii 188 98,752 14-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Last Post: JethroJay

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)