Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
(24-01-2015, 07:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not worth the hassle tbh.  Its literally only a few degrees off, most people probably wouldn't notice and I'd feel bad going back and moaning about it lol.

tom id still take it back, as they should do the job properly, not some half arsed job!
Thanks given by:
Tom :/
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You feel guilty for asking someone to finish the job you've paid them for? K... Take yourself out of your comfort zone and do it, you know it'll do you good.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I feel guilty for lots of things...telling someone thier work isn't good enough seems like a reasonable one to me. Confused

Im not sure how big you think this zone is? lol Was well out of my comfort zone handing over the keys in the first place! That alone triggered some rather bad internal issues...someone left a right stink in the waiting room so I waited in the airy workshop instead. Itwasntme I'll just leave it until the other 2 tyres are done and have F1 do it with thier electronic tracker, this was only old school lasers anyway.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2015, 06:00 PM)procta Wrote: easy to sort out, just point the wheels straight and then remove the wheel and adjust it.

lmao WHAT? After a car's been tracked at a garage you'd do that? LOL. lol

(24-01-2015, 07:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not worth the hassle tbh.  Its literally only a few degrees off, most people probably wouldn't notice and I'd feel bad going back and moaning about it lol.

Take it back. It was straight before and needs to be straight after they've worked on it. End of story, regardless of what system they used. Even if they used string and a tape measure it should be right.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
^^ This.. in tracking terms, a few degrees is A LOT
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 03:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I feel guilty for lots of things...telling someone thier work isn't good enough seems like a reasonable one to me. Confused

How?

They've done work, not done it correctly.

How on earth can you feel bad for asking them to fix something they've done wrong?!
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 04:00 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(24-01-2015, 06:00 PM)procta Wrote: easy to sort out, just point the wheels straight and then remove the wheel and adjust it.

Take it back. It was straight before and needs to be straight after they've worked on it. End of story, regardless of what system they used. Even if they used string and a tape measure it should be right.

yeah I have done jonny, if tom isn't happy about telling them to sort the problem, then he might as well just do it.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 04:07 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(28-01-2015, 03:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I feel guilty for lots of things...telling someone thier work isn't good enough seems like a reasonable one to me. Confused

How?

They've done work, not done it correctly.

How on earth can you feel bad for asking them to fix something they've done wrong?!

How would you feel if I said you were shit at your job? I wouldn't want to make someone else feel bad. Undecided

(28-01-2015, 04:42 PM)procta Wrote:
(28-01-2015, 04:00 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

yeah I have done jonny, if tom isn't happy about telling them to sort the problem, then he might as well just do it.

I've already explained Ford wheels don't fit like that lol. They sit on a 6 point nut, so can only be moved in massive increments.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 04:42 PM)procta Wrote: yeah I have done jonny, if tom isn't happy about telling them to sort the problem, then he might as well just do it.
Do you actually understand what wheel alignment is? If not, I'll happily explain it to you but if you do you should know it's not exactly going to fix the problem is it? lmao

Thanks given by:
The wheels are aligned fine, as in both straight forward...its just that the steering wheel wasn't set right so now hangs slightly. In a 306 you could just do what Procta says to rectify that...
Thanks given by: procta
Tom you're not telling someone they're shit at their job, they just didn't do it right, it happens, ive had wonkey steering wheels after tracking a car, but I road test it to check and readjust if necessary. Plus how will they ever fix something if they don't know they did it wrong?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Well if I'm ever in Bristol I'll let you track it then. Big Grin (That's the point I'm supposed to get from that, right? lol ).

The same guy has been working there for years, he's done me loads of tyres (only one to properly balance clones!) and tracking before as well. I'd feel awful telling him it was wrong.

It's probably my fault anyway for waiting and inadvertently rushing them a bit. If I'd left it probably have been alright, I'll find a way to leave it next time.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 05:37 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(28-01-2015, 04:42 PM)procta Wrote: yeah I have done jonny, if tom isn't happy about telling them to sort the problem, then he might as well just do it.
Do you actually understand what wheel alignment is? If not, I'll happily explain it to you but if you do you should know it's not exactly going to fix the problem is it? lmao

(28-01-2015, 05:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The wheels are aligned fine, as in both straight forward...its just that the steering wheel wasn't set right so now hangs slightly.  In a 306 you could just do what Procta says to rectify that...

thanks tom for backing me up on that,
Thanks given by:
Feel free tom, we've just had a brand new hunter system installed. But the point I was trying to make is that it can happen, you just have to readjust it, you're not calling anyone shit. But you paid for something you havent received
Thanks given by:
Hmm, that is a fair point I guess.
Thanks given by:
I'd fully expect a customer to come back pissed off if they had a wonkey steering wheel. I'd be the same.
Thanks given by:
As above, i'd want somebody to let me know if i was getting it wrong.

(28-01-2015, 06:14 PM)procta Wrote:
(28-01-2015, 05:37 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

(28-01-2015, 05:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The wheels are aligned fine, as in both straight forward...its just that the steering wheel wasn't set right so now hangs slightly.  In a 306 you could just do what Procta says to rectify that...

thanks tom for backing me up on that,

I think you're missing the point a tad, part of the job of doing the tracking is ensuring the steering wheel is straight and central to the locks, if you need to adjust the wheel yourself afterwards then they've f*cked it up. lol They won't have moved the steering wheel on it's splines, so if it needs adjusting after the tracking has been done then the tracking isn't right, is it. Ie the wheels aren't necessarily straight and the rack definitely isn't central, which is a problem. Get it yet?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The wheels are straight, I was watching the lasers. Rack obviously isn't central but does that actually matter?
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 09:27 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The wheels are straight, I was watching the lasers.  Rack obviously isn't central but does that actually matter?

Actually, if the rack isn't central you'll get odd ackermann effects as the steering arms will have different arcs side to side.  Whether it'll make any real world difference is another matter of course, given that chances are the rest of the suspension and steering geometry isn't where it ideally should be thanks to wide manufacturers tolerances.

Problem is that the average monkey doing tracking doesn't know what they're doing, as you've found.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say hes the average monkey tbh, as said he has done plenty of tyres and tracking for me in the past, been at the same centre for at least 5 years! But anyway, enough about tracking. lol

Just paid my VED, a whole £30 for the year, bloody rip off! lol

Apart from that, its just munching up the miles as I'd hoped it would! Needs a proper detail when the weather gets better though. Here we are in Constable Country last week (where 'The Haywain' was painted), really nice scenery completely ruined by my camera! Dodgy

[Image: IMAG4474_zpsehhk9qka.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4473_zpsr1zdkuta.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4475_zpsvtnjxj5o.jpg]

If anyone has suggestions of local 'interesting' places to go I try to go to one new place a week, usually a Friday, even if just for a brisk walk. Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 09:27 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The wheels are straight, I was watching the lasers.  Rack obviously isn't central but does that actually matter?

And there is the proof that the guy doesn't understand wheel alignment. If the wheels are now "straight" then the chances are he's not done it right. There's no excuse to have the wheel anything other than straight. End of story I'm afraid..

Thanks given by:
I'm also loving paying only £30 per year VED.

Ford 4 lyf.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 11:47 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

And there is the proof that the guy doesn't understand wheel alignment. If the wheels are now "straight" then the chances are he's not done it right. There's no excuse to have the wheel anything other than straight. End of story I'm afraid..

It's just rushing tbh, stick the sterring wheel holder slightly at the wrong angle and then do the alignment, easily done tbh.

(05-02-2015, 12:13 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I'm also loving paying only £30 per year VED.

Ford 4 lyf.

lol

Yeah its good, one less thing to have to pay for lol.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 10:05 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Just paid my VED, a whole £30 for the year, bloody rip off! lol

That's very expensive Tom. 300% more than a lot of cars.

I'd get shot of the Focus quick.
Thanks given by:
Those ones are still expensive lol. £0 is the best one....and its what I would've paid on the 107....is rather have the focus though. lol
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 01:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Those ones are still expensive lol.  £0 is the best one....and its what I would've paid on the 107....is rather have the focus though. lol

£30 is 300% more than £0?!
Thanks given by:
It isn't. 3x0 is still 0. Its actually an infinite percentage more...

100% of 10 is 10. 300% of 10 is 30.
Thanks given by:
well tom how you finding running two cars?
Thanks given by:
Well after spending 2 days driving the '6 I cant wait to take the Focus on a long drive tomorrow lol.
Thanks given by: