Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
So, managed ~20 miles with 4 decent alloys... then I kerbed another. For f*ck sake. Dodgy How did the previous elderly owners not put a single mark on them! Confused
Thanks given by:
By not bashing them into kerbs?!

It's not that difficult?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What did you do you plonker ? Lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
silly fool!
Thanks given by:
Lol, completely my fault this time, trying to parralell park in a tiny space with the pressure of a queue behind me. Got in quick, but at the expense of some alloy paint...not worth it lol. Tbf its more of a graze, not as bad as the other one, just annoying that it was completely avoidable. I should've bet on it though, knew it wouldn't be long before I kerbed another, hoped for at least a week though lol.
Thanks given by:
So, heres the damage, not much tbf...

[Image: IMAG4363_zps3bafde17.jpg]

Anyway, was MOT today at Mr Bash's garage. Passed with only an advisory for 2 nails in a tyre (what are the chances lol!) so that's good! Also, got my milestone mileage on the MOT sheet as well haha. lol

[Image: IMAG4365_zps090d74d7.jpg]

Then treated her to a tank of BP diesel as I had a voucher that made it cheaper than Sainsburys, not sure if there'll be any noticeable difference, but the MPG cant be any worse than the last tank, only 56mpg! Confused

[Image: IMAG4367_zpsdab7cf36.jpg]
Thanks given by:
good one tom! shame about my shit sadly, fuckin £450 its costing me to get my car back on the road!
Thanks given by:
So, had front tracked today, 3mm out which isn't that bad but enough to wear the tyres, feels better now as well.

Shame that Andy, maybe best to think about a different project and cut your losses with this one.
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2015, 04:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So, had front tracked today, 3mm out which isn't that bad but enough to wear the tyres, feels better now as well.

Shame that Andy, maybe best to think about a different project and cut your losses with this one.

id would have done tom, but I have forked out well over £1000 on the conversion side of things sadly, if the engine blows up then I would call it a day.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know what you mean, you get in so deep you cant pull out half way, basically what I did with the '6 lol.
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2015, 05:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah I know what you mean, you get in so deep you cant pull out half way, basically what I did with the '6 lol.
At least tom you can still bail out on the 6, as you have got the point of return still. As its still a standard car,
 I haven't got that now, as they say said in back to the future 3, "its the future or bust"
Mind tom I did have to make a massive decision 2011, on calling it a day or binning the full works. That was when the car hadn't even been tested etc. As I was putting money into a car that I wasn't seeing any rewards, in fact it needed to start to pay for its self.
I would really hate to see you or anyone on here go through this mind! So that's why I say for god sake don't lose the dream of what you want your project to be.  

Thanks given by:
Yeah I worked out it's best to carry on with the '6 and get at least a small amount of use from it. I'll still be out of pocket after, but less so than if I gave up now. Smile

Good luck with it I guess!
Thanks given by:
anyway tom are you just going to keep this standard, engine wise? basically do what I have done.
Thanks given by:
Keep it standard yeah, reliability is paramount with it. Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 12:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Keep it standard yeah, reliability is paramount with it. Smile

That's why I didn't trifle with the 306, with maps, I know a everyone on here hasn't had a bad map, be just my luck that I get it mapped and the engine fucks up or something.
Thanks given by:
A stage 1 wont break anything tbh, lost count of the S1 maps I've had on HDi's lol.

I wouldn't mind a stage 1 on the Focus, but I cant justify the cost atm, plus the extra insurance premium just not worth it really.

Anyway, as it was filthy, gave it a wash this afternoon, and it still looked shit with all the swirls and scratches lol, so decided to give it a polish and wax, the last lot lasted since September tbf! Heres the results, not bad imo! Smile

[Image: IMAG4376_zps3581c6e0.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4372_zps8b5e701c.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4371_zps06a359a1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4368_zps24ee577f.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4369_zps3376f179.jpg]
Thanks given by:
far to windy and its raining here to even think about giving my car a bath! come up really well that tom!
Thanks given by:
You really need to lay slabs on that parking area at a minimum...
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 04:41 PM)procta Wrote: far to windy and its raining here to even think about giving my car a bath! come up really well that tom!

It was raining here when I started as well lol.  I was only giving it a quick wash to get rid of the tyre soap and any road salt but it stopped so thought I'd give it some more.  It was windy as hell though, had a pair of goggle on with the jetwash haha. lol

(15-01-2015, 05:28 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: You really need to lay slabs on that parking area at a minimum...

Why?  Its a security feature, cant break in when you cant stand still without slipping and sliding about. lol 

It makes my floor mat and door card a right state though! Sad  It used to be gravel at one point, I have no idea who thought gravel was an ideal driveway surface on a slope!
Thanks given by:
Grabbed a picture in a better location from my trade mark angle yesterday lol. Get fed up with only having driveway pics in bad light lol.

[Image: IMAG4384_zps125342a2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
good snap there tom! great to see you out and about!
Thanks given by:
So, mixed reviews this week. Unfortunately, the steering wheel now isn't straight since the tracking being done, it's not far off but still very annoying. However the steering feel is much better, could actually feel the drag of the tyres before but now that's gone and its better through the corners.

Also currently on course for the best MPG from the Focus so far, despite the minus temps etc. At 62mpg after half a tank which is significantly better than the last tank. Can't really work out why though! I'm on BP diesel instead of Sainsburys but it cant make that much difference surely!? Also I suppose now the front wheels aren't trying to head in different directions that helps. And the tyres were a good efficiency rating, but only having the rears changed I cant imagine that makes a difference. But yeah, if it keeps above 60 that'll do me!

Also changed the valve caps for some nicer ones today, no pics though lol.

Have a couple of beading shots but they don't really come out well with my camera.

[Image: IMAG4415_zpsuktrhhx9.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4416_zpshvycpjui.jpg]

And on a slightly off topic note, I saw the Vectra in Sainsburys car park last week, its a proper taxi now! lol Cant believe its nearly a year since I sold it!
Thanks given by:
easy to sort out, just point the wheels straight and then remove the wheel and adjust it.
Thanks given by:
Nah cant do that with these, they aren't splined, they just have a 6 point nut to locate them, so would have to turn it a whole 6th each time. I guess they just rushed when fitting the wheel holder for the tracking, I watched him remove it so I know one was used.
Thanks given by:
Take it back tom, they should make sure the wheel is straight. Why I road test a car after tracking it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Not worth the hassle tbh. Its literally only a few degrees off, most people probably wouldn't notice and I'd feel bad going back and moaning about it lol.
Thanks given by:
I spie a mg with red alloys? ?

Looks really clean mate,now you have the 6 just enjoy this.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Step dads ZR... Its a driveway ornament as he has a company car. Now its also broke and he cant afford to fix it...but for some reason is so attached he wont sell it either. Confused I dont really get attached to cars so don't understand it lol.

I wont have the '6 for long tbh, it'll probably get sold in March. I do enjoy the Focus tbh, well enjoy might be the wrong word, but it does everything I want from a daily tbh!
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter tom that it's not much, it's part of what you're paying for
Thanks given by:
True, but I don't like being a bother. lol
Thanks given by: