removing wingmirror caps without breaking clips???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing wingmirror caps without breaking clips???
Question 
any tips peeps?? Spraying some up for the cherry, managed to get them off just breaking one clip but the wife binned one so need to remove another now, awkward little buggers aren't they? Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Don't think I've ever got a pair off without breaking at least one clip lol. I just swap mirrors instead, only 3 bolts and no chance of breaking anything. lol
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 09:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't think I've ever got a pair off without breaking at least one clip lol.  I just swap mirrors instead, only 3 bolts and no chance of breaking anything. lol
yeah but I need some colour coded lol... No worries, guess I did ok just breaking one then Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
If you use a thin flat blade screwdriver you can push the glass round and just about access the clip to lever it back and release it. Still, breaking only one isn't bad going, they are a ballache lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Don't do it when the plastic is very cold and brittle?
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 09:43 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: If you use a thin flat blade screwdriver you can push the glass round and just about access the clip to lever it back and release it. Still, breaking only one isn't bad going, they are a ballache lol
cheers good idea, I can see what you mean. I'll give it a go Smile
Thanks given by:
Warm em up ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wait what? They have clips?
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 02:55 PM)SRowell Wrote: Wait what? They have clips?

/\ This lol 

Think the carbon skimmed ones where held on by super glue no more nails Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I take the glass of gives you a bit more room to work at them.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 03:22 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: I take the glass of gives you a bit more room to work at them.

fook me didn't think of that either lol.....does it just pop off? Smile
Thanks given by:
Turn the glass as far to one side as possible, you've more access one particular way either fully left or right, I haven't done one in a while. And you'll see a wire clip. Pop it of then the mirror will come out.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 03:33 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Turn the glass as far to one side as possible, you've more access one particular way either fully left or right, I haven't done one in a while. And you'll see a wire clip. Pop it of then the mirror will come out.
nice one fella, cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: impossibru-meme-sgb.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Photo 
DUCT TAPE
[Image: Duct-tape-repair.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 03:33 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Turn the glass as far to one side as possible, you've more access one particular way either fully left or right, I haven't done one in a while. And you'll see a wire clip. Pop it of then the mirror will come out.
just done this thanks, it's actually really easy, you then put the wire back on the mirror and it clips back on with a firm push... Thanks again Smile
Thanks given by:
Good job, gives you alot more room to get at the clips ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Ph3's don't have those wire clips, just for anyone else trying to remove them. They just clip on and pull off... In theory lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My ph3 has those wire clips Connor Undecided

I assumed you were at the stage of glass out matt!! But a bit of heat still helps to avoid snapping the clips ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 07:24 PM)doski Wrote: DUCT TAPE
[Image: Duct-tape-repair.jpg]

I just don't understand people....why go to the time, effort and cost of a whole roll of duct tape when you could spend a tenner on a mirror and change it in 10 minutes! lol
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 08:25 AM)Piggy Wrote: My ph3 has those wire clips Connor Undecided

I assumed you were at the stage of glass out matt!! But a bit of heat still helps to avoid snapping the clips ThumbsUp

nope, got the others out without touching the glass lol, you know what happens when you assume though? Tongue
Thanks given by:
clipping another car works for me but you got to stop and pick it up before it get run over!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Card Clips Toms306 2 1,464 15-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Heatshield clips Razorback_Rob 6 2,353 13-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  HDI engine cover clips Whodafunk 14 3,050 26-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: mcglynn