Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!
Rippthrough Wrote:Why? It wasn't going anywhere, 's only a dirty diesel Big Grin

there's a good foot movement, side to side there :|
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
's his fancy front tracking settings*

*I.E. - it's within an inch, it'll do!
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
haha that really does shift about on them rollers, love the probe idea Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Told you ripp the trackings fine it was the hand brake that was the problem like any 306 I was surprised they didn't strap them though
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
The front rollers are idlers, rear are driven, it can't climb out that way around with FWD unless it's silly spec, then they get chocked up same as RWD.
Buggy'll get strapped down though as it just drives over the chocks like they're not there lol
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
So today i set about seeing how the fmic will sit so stripped the front down and discovered my radiator is worse than i thought but hey ho. so first thing to go was the front fan unit. its unbelivable how heavy they are!
[Image: SAM_0318-1.jpg]

Test fitted the cooler
[Image: SAM_0320-1.jpg]
Plenty of space
[Image: SAM_03222.jpg]
This setup was great as the whole of the cooler was on display meaning maximum air flow on to it however the piping would be a night mare to do! on the drivers side. so i turned it up side and made use of the mountings thats already on it. This means i can mount the cooler staright onto the cross member for a more stronger hold and oem fitting and it makes pipe routing easier as i plan to go over the top of the cooler an throught the passenger side

[Image: SAM_0325.jpg]
Still got plenty of cooler on show but i love the way its hidden and not all shouty!
[Image: SAM_0328.jpg]

Thanks given by:
do you think it'll make much difference mate? . . . . .looks a little small . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
i swear some people are unaware the ACUTAL use for a fmic...

that size, with that turbo is going to create MORE lag if anything... unless you're running a decent sized turbo with some decent fueling, for a decent amount of time - there is really no need to drop a new intercooler on...

needing to shift all that extra air will impact greatly, but hey ho - each to their own Smile
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:i swear some people are unaware the ACUTAL use for a fmic...

that size, with that turbo is going to create MORE lag if anything... unless you're running a decent sized turbo with some decent fueling, for a decent amount of time - there is really no need to drop a new intercooler on...

needing to shift all that extra air will impact greatly, but hey ho - each to their own Smile
i tend to sort of agree . . . .apart from the fact that it is most defiantly ACTUAL . . . . :naughty:
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:i swear some people are unaware the ACUTAL use for a fmic...

i tend to sort of agree . . . .apart from the fact that it is most defiantly ACTUAL . . . . :naughty:

oh my apologies...

but the point im trying to prove is what people just "assume" to be the right thing to do, as lobb and ruan always say that you need to read behind everything... i dont know anyone else that has built a car to the same spec as i have, and was told a T2 would be EPIXXX!

after reading and understand A/R ratios air displacement etc... i see a T2 is pointless... im off to padge's thread - brb Smile
Thanks given by:
i'm not having a go mate, i've never FMICed one before, if i was though from what i've read and understand i'd be going a bigger surface area than that and running silly boost too . . Big Grin . . . . .doesn't seem to be a great deal of point if you're not . . .i mean i guess there will be more lag so you need to make up for it . . . . .one thing is for sure, there's only one sure way to find out . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:i'm not having a go mate, i've never FMICed one before, if i was though from what i've read and understand i'd be going a bigger surface area than that and running silly boost too . . Big Grin . . . . .doesn't seem to be a great deal of point if you're not . . .i mean i guess there will be more lag so you need to make up for it . . . . .one thing is for sure, there's only one sure way to find out . .Smile

but the only reason for the moving of an intercooler is for more efficient cooling, and in some cases, the increase of displacement...

in this case, he's dyno'd at 120bhp, standard bosch and *insert relevant turbo* a small turbo...

again, each to their own Smile
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:i'm not having a go mate, i've never FMICed one before, if i was though from what i've read and understand i'd be going a bigger surface area than that and running silly boost too . . Big Grin . . . . .doesn't seem to be a great deal of point if you're not . . .i mean i guess there will be more lag so you need to make up for it . . . . .one thing is for sure, there's only one sure way to find out . .Smile

but the only reason for the moving of an intercooler is for more efficient cooling, and in some cases, the increase of displacement...

in this case, he's dyno'd at 120bhp, standard bosch and *insert relevant turbo* a small turbo...

again, each to their own Smile
yeah i know and i don't think that's gonna do much imo either . . .. .but Ginge you do seem like something small has crawled up your arse and died this evening . . . . no need to get all up yersen, i mean have you ever done a fmic setup or is it all theory to you too? . . Smile
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:yeah i know and i don't think that's gonna do much imo either . . .. .but Ginge you do seem like something small has crawled up your arse and died this evening . . . . no need to get all up yersen, i mean have you ever done a fmic setup or is it all theory to you too? . . Smile

yarh my finger! got a damn itchy gouche tonight!! lol

but no, i read a fair bit into it and it's relevant theory.. not a theory "what if this affected that" ..if you feel ma'flow! whistle
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:yeah i know and i don't think that's gonna do much imo either . . .. .but Ginge you do seem like something small has crawled up your arse and died this evening . . . . no need to get all up yersen, i mean have you ever done a fmic setup or is it all theory to you too? . . Smile

yarh my finger! got a damn itchy gouche tonight!! lol

but no, i read a fair bit into it and it's relevant theory.. not a theory "what if this affected that" ..if you feel ma'flow! whistle
i appreciate what you're saying but i also have respect for the doers . . . . . .put it this way, i'll be interested to see what happens next time me and Jenks are down at the rollers . . .Wink

coz i know he wants to beat me reallllll bad now . . . . . . lmao
Thanks given by:
Jeezzzzzz leave this thread 5 minutes and all hell breaks loose....

I am quite aware what a fmic does I am quite aware adding one will create more lag and ideally a decent sized turbo and adequate fueling would be needed to run great power. If anyone has actually bothered to read my thread they will see what I am doing. I am not looking for massive figures I'm not trying to beat any one or be the best. The whole aim of what I am doing is an complete oem setup and manageable reliable power. Sure I could put a massive front mount up front and be all shouty but that's not my thing. Sure I could put a bigger turbo on but after seeing the trouble Padge is having I wouldn't want to.

The whole point I'm doing the fmic is to see for myself the differences it does hence adding the temp read out in the car. So far I have learnt the cooler will run on a good thrash at around 35-45 or more and while deaccelerating will cool efficiently down to 30 eventually after tootling around will drop to 20c. With the fmic I would expect this to be different obviously. I'd be pleased seeing 140 with a front mount. Yes could quite easily do that on a top mount but where's the enjoyment in that. I like to tinker with my cars and so I do what I please. If after a while I fancy more power I can always upgrade.

Matt the cooler Danny had the same on his and said there seemed some improve ment as mentioned in the thread the cooler is half the size but double the thickness in effect similar size. As far as I see it fits perfectly in the grille and will have maximum surface area exposed to cold air unlike some coolers iv seen where more than half is hidden behind bumpers. Lag I'd imagine may not be bad as you are all thinking the xantia setup the internal diameter isn't as big as what most people are running 2.5 inches. The widest part is around 58mm soviet won't have as much area to fill so to speak.

Dyno day it pulled 120 on a Lucas pump with overfilling top end. This was down to the previous owner not me. All I had done is turned the turbo up to 20psi to try to match. The main big reason iv changed to Bosch is to run veg and to be able to easily control the fueling rather than having to mess around draining derv from the Lucas etc etc as people saw on the rr my car smoked like a bitch on the Lucas.

Feeeeewwwwwww not having ago or anything just clearing up a few things that have already been said previously in the thread.

Thanks given by:
yeah i understand all that mate . . . . . .on a previous point though i don't necessarily think turning the max fuel down on your Lucas would have fetched you closer to my figure . .Wink . . .that was a boost compensator setup problem imho . . . . .i'll be interested to see what difference your fmic makes though for sure, i know first hand what kind of difference heat soak or intake temp makes to these engines . . . .. hence my next intake mod . . . Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I think it would have helped getting close to it after all you did see the double dip it had. But as mentioned its all an experiment. I could read about all day long but there's nothing better than hands on experience. And I'm sure come dyno day will see what difference there is if any. After all our cars are pretty much similar spec now bar my dodgy Bosch at the minute. But as said I'm not out to beat any one I'm just after a factory look setup that's different to the norm.

Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:I think it would have helped getting close to it after all you did see the double dip it had. But as mentioned its all an experiment. I could read about all day long but there's nothing better than hands on experience. And I'm sure come dyno day will see what difference there is if any. After all our cars are pretty much similar spec now bar my dodgy Bosch at the minute. But as said I'm not out to beat any one I'm just after a factory look setup that's different to the norm.
i'm only ribbing you mate, but i'm sure you can appreciate i did feel slightly smug knowing i'd set my car up the best on the day, if you'd turned your max fuel down you wouldn't have got that torque figure for a start imo, anyway you've done the right thing Bosching her happy, i agree it's not a competition but it does serve to show what can be done with these engines which is invaluable . .. Smile
Thanks given by:
Of course it's a competition, why do you think I didn't put the 1.4 on?!* lol

*because it would win, obviously
Thanks given by:
thread highjack but what does yours make Ripp? . . . i know it's lots lighter as well and shit . Big Grin
Thanks given by:
98bhp last time I rolled it, it actually made 3 figures but I played with the cam timing and found it made a lot more midrange with more advance, just lost a few hp up top.

Saying that, my vernier pulley shit itself so it's running the timing well out now, so fook knows what it is atm. Similar sort of pace to Jenks's in a straight line anyway.
Once I've got it running spot on again I'll take it up for a run.
Thanks given by:
been trying to fine tune the pump today but still getting an odd idle problem which im still looking to sort. iv turned the pump up and is now back again boosting 20psi. Also removed the white washer in the lda and and wound the lda top screw out as i hadnt done so befor with the modified pin dan has done.

Got some pretty nasty oil leaks happening since veg which has annoyed me! going to be sorting those out asap as i hate an oily engine bay!

Current spec so far then is
k14 turbo
Bosch pump
Gov Mod
LDA modified
Single box exhaust system

once iv sorted the oil leaks out and the dodgy idle on the bosch more fine tunning will happen till the next few mods are ready to go on

Thanks given by:
Nothing much of an update as things have gone a little quite i needed a new rad so go a 2nd hand one from a scrappie as i needed one urgently the only one there had was one of a NAD i assumed there would be the same but unfourtunatly there not there thinner and dont have a connection for the oil cooler. so had to bodge it for time being then found out this ones leaking FFS! going to have to put up with it till i can get a new one! While i had the front off i took all the wings off and gave everything a lick of underseal. and mounted the FMIC so its one less job. please dont criticise its too small blah blah as it will only prove youve not read the thread!

[Image: SAM_0402.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0415.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0416.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0421.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Good painting Sir!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Well just like JP did on his car today a set about putting an intercooler sprayer on the car. I had also done the same on my old 207 to which the bits i had on that had gone on to this. The only thing im not happy about is iv had to use the washer bottle as a source of water for it. Reason i not happy is i know how much water these can use and i dont like runnig on an empty washer bottle but thats just me!

This is what it was like on my 207
[Image: th_DSCF1208.jpg]

I had done this one so that when full throttle was engaged it would soak the cooler when it was needed to be cooled most. trouble was this ment the seperate botttle i had for it needed to be topped up every couple of days! and running empty was crazy!

So i had some how managed to loose my secound water jet and only had the one now as i know im going to be going front mount i didnt make a high finish that i always try to acheive so i just cable tied it to the cooler and left it be. The jets iv got are of a laguna i think it was and so are adjustable in height. Im going to find the 2nd and place that on the opposite side.

In action
[Image: th_SAM_0464-1.jpg]

And in action in the car by using the cooler guage i have placed in the car.
[Image: th_SAM_0469.jpg]

As you can see it peaks at 35c this was when i started the sprayer it holds as the sprayer is competing with the boost temps then gradually starts to drop so it does work! Usually with out the sprayer the temps will exceed well over 35c to even past 45c so for this to compete against full throttle boost temps and cool it down while still on full boost shows they do work.

Thanks given by:
Good progress, when you thinking next RR?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thinking next saturday not sure yet i want to se up the bosch even though it pulls well still need to get the idle down to wind the fuelling more

Thanks given by:
ahh right, i need to wind my pump up more, its smokeless 20psi atm lol.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Danny's 7th D turbo, *BEEN BROKEN* Danny2009 240 78,520 15-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Phase one Diablo Red MOODY D Turbo ;) - UPDATED 10/9/12 gumball3000 38 14,455 17-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Curt
  Diablo D Turbo vlj 127 45,010 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vlj