Ph3 headlights in ph2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph3 headlights in ph2
I'm thinking of putting phase 3 headlights in my phase 2. After looking at a few threads I've gathered that the headlight adjuster motors are different. Does this mean I have to take the adjuster off my ph2 light and put them onto the ph3 ones? If so how hard is this..

Also due to the phase 3 lights using H7 bulbs will the full beam work simultaneously with the dipped beam? or will I need a phase 3 stalk as someone has briefly touched upon this on a different forum but not gave much info.
Thanks given by:
I think if you use your current stalk it will just put full beam on but if you get a ph3 stalk when you put full beam on dipped beam stays on too someone will correct me if I'm wrong

The adjusters just twist out
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
The adjusters are simple enough to swap over from memory they twist off the headlight and then pop out of the reflector - be careful though I snapped on of mine pulling it out

If you want the main and dipped on at the same time you'll need a twin optic stalk some ph2s came with them probably on the higher specced stuff gtis and the like
Thanks given by:
Ah sweet, how big of a job is it to change stalks? I'll try with current stalk first if this fails chances are ill get a phase 3 twin optic stalk as I want both dipped and full beam to work simultaneously
Thanks given by:
If your stalk is twin optic then it will bring both lights on on your ph2 lights aswell.

Changing the stalk is easy, 3 T20 torx screws to take off the steering column surround , unplug the stalk, and there are 2 torx screws holding the stalk in (either t10 or t15 not sure which)
Thanks given by:
Seems easy enough thanks bud Smile
Thanks given by:
Lights are now installed still using my old stalk until i find a twin optic one cheap enough.. Just wondering do phase 3 306's have the horn on the stalk like phase 2's?
Thanks given by:
Yes, they do. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
See my thread guide on how to make your single optic stalk into a twin optic Smile

Alternatively PM me as you can have my twin optic stalk for £5 plus postage Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: