Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
Awaiting videos and pictures after a brief book face chat with Darren....
Thanks given by:
So i got the car back. Its genuinely quite epic. Such a different drive and so much easier, and then when you really put your foot down it just shreds the tyres, only driven it like 15 miles in the pissing rain and the car was full of shit, im not used to any of the pedals the brakes SUCK MASSIVE UNICORN WANG, honestly are so shit. Like so so so f*cking so so so shit. Going to buy new drums and shoes as soon as i pull mine off to confirm what i have.

But yeah, very fast, epic noises, hopefully good on fuel, and well i got my car back, happy times Smile

Massive massive thank you to Darren for everything hes done, gave me the love back thats for sure! <3 Love of the car obviously... Ok yeah i might love him a little bit too Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Loving the ingenuity of making one working welder out of two like that - well done that man! Big Grin

Glad you've got it back and are enjoying it Tom!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Well just popped outside and measured up for my gauge pod, made a template quick instead of throwing the tape measure at it, gives a better idea of whats going on.

[Image: 20140320_175721_zpsybsbilg3.jpg]

Wont look pretty but it will hold my gauges which is all i need!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yes Tom!

vnt fwends Smile

Now we just need a dry day...

Darren, loving the twin welder lashup, thank sweet jesus it worked out and you didn't have to drop the box
Thanks given by:
I got a triple gauge pod, all flocked, I'll do it super cheap if you are interested??

And a big well done too Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 06:44 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Yes Tom!

vnt fwends Smile

Darren, loving the twin welder lashup, thank sweet jesus it worked out and you didn't have to drop the box

Dude im so glad to have it back, and man just all these vnt noises and epic power from 2k to 5k is just epicccc!! I need new front tyres lol!!

(20-03-2014, 06:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: I got a triple gauge pod, all flocked, I'll do it super cheap if you are interested??

I have just bought one on ebay chap otherwise i would of took that offer, balls Sad But thanks for the kind gesture, and for the kind words, im pretty happy Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
They're a little bit different than your normal turbos, eh!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
As Tom has already said, I told him to come get it today after I had finished with it.

After fixing the starter yesterday, all that was left to do was pipe up the cooler, and setup the VNT / quick tune up.

So started by piping up the cooler, changed the route from how it was before, as it was rubbing on the pump / throttle cable / injector lines and all sorts, so wanted to move it out the way / tidy it up a bit, so got that done, then plumbed up the VNT, and quick drive to get that working correctly. Then tuned up the pump.

In the end I acaully ended up forcing myself to reduce the fuel down low, as i could just tell it was going to tear the shafts in the 205 apart, the thing was just developing WAY to much torque, tom could could the fuel screw in a turn at the current boost level (22psi) and it would burn it happily with no coal, Ive not pushed it hard hard, as its epically fast already, so unless Tom gets bord theres really no need to...drives well, everything works bar one little issue with a warning light, no body contact from boost pipes / exhaust and just typical VNT win, instant repsonce, 0 lag, pull from any rpm in any gear.

Few photos of it all finished:

[Image: IMG_20140320_120613.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140320_120619.jpg]

All nice and clean, Tom will be changing the oil and filter over to the oil i recommended after a couple hundred miles, and if hes reading this FITTING A FUEL FILTER ASAP!!!!! hehe
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
What did you do for an air filter?
Thanks given by:
Nice work as always Darren.

Proper job that!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Good to see its finally sorted, nice one! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks so tidy in the bay, well done.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hdi rods or forged?
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 07:14 PM)Tom Wrote:
(20-03-2014, 06:44 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Yes Tom!

vnt fwends Smile

Dude im so glad to have it back, and man just all these vnt noises and epic power from 2k to 5k is just epicccc!! I need new front tyres lol!!

(20-03-2014, 06:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: I got a triple gauge pod, all flocked, I'll do it super cheap if you are interested??

I have just bought one on ebay chap otherwise i would of took that offer, balls Sad But thanks for the kind gesture, and for the kind words, im pretty happy Smile

You still running 175s?!

You can have the triple pod I have for cost of postage?! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Before shot and after shot lol

Before:

[Image: IMG_20140118_134936.jpg]

After:

[Image: IMG_20140320_120613.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Damn lol
Thanks given by:
Defiltered??
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No air filter, there is literally no physical way of routing an air filter on this. Only effective way to run an air filter on an XUD is with a relocated turbo, truckfilter and short pipe connecting. Even in a 306, any filter thats hooked up down the back WILL be restricting it, just a short legnth of 63mm pipe (which is far bigger than what you can fit down there) will massively reduce performance...

No its not ideal running no filter, but i guess its what you want the car for...this 205 dosnt do mega miles, its a fun car, it will last for years / thousands of miles with no filter, so who cares...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
You are a little legend Darren Wink.

A very tidy job and I bet a monster..

I'm sure tom is ecstatic...
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Brave, i guess the turbo will chew up the bigger bits that get sucked it so it'll all b k
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Can't say I've ran a filter on the DERV's for at least a couple / few years now on various turbos and have never had a single 'obvious' problem because of it.

Lets be honest, they sound so much more epic without one!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
My car had a lorry filter and like 10 cm of pipes...and EVEN THAT lost me a tonne of power...turbos HATE sucking in air...there rubbish at it, any kind of pipework unless its literally 100mm is a diaster for power...

I was running over 1k of turbos de filter, as long as you dont have shit floating around your bay, nothing to serious is likely to go in, dont get me wrong its not ideal, small debris will in time wear rings, but lets be honest, your talking a lifetime of use to generate enough damage to even notice..

Its no different to petrol boys on bodies and trumpets.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
*goes out and bins filter*
Thanks given by:
lmao

That's a truly awesome solution, kudos sir!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Had to put a filter on my gt20 the sound it made defiltered would deafen anyone within 2 foot lol
Thanks given by:
Woah missed a page somehow, my bad. Good to see this sorted, I bet it is seriously rapid. Next item on the list: bfo brakes lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Btw this is not an official "its fine to run no air filter because Darren said so...take it as you will, im just saying....

Yeah they can get a bit noisy without...but in this car you barely notice, given its stripped on solid mounts, the turbo noise is the last thing your worrying about haha.

After the test drive ealier I think tom is possibly considering fixing the brakes, he will update you on that. lol.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah i guess all the other stripped car noises kinda overpower the turbo intake noise, in mine tho with full interior it was crazy sounded like the worlds biggest boost leak.
Thanks given by:
Possibly? HA. Im buying some tommorow! I actually hate the brakes, its hard to believe i was happy driving round with them before hand.

But yeh i have put nearly 50 miles on it tonight and i am loving it. Still havent went foot flat yet and really gave it some. I do however keep accidently breaking traction in 3rd Undecided It is chronically fast, pulls harder than the td04 and can do it over a much larger area of the rev band, its truley epic!

Oh yeah and i had to go to a jet wash and clean all the shite our the arches and off the tyres, and generally clean the whole thing... Wheels need a scrub with some oven cleaner or something but thats all easy Smile

[Image: 20140320_200348_zpsrcgmhbai.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 19,078 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 59,754 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191