WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
Skirts & bumper look well off in the pic, but as you say pics can do that, have you played with the brightness & contrast atall?

But yeah, i use to be a big hater of the black tops, then i had my silver ph2 and it really grew on me, not just on that 306 but others aswell, you need to ph2 up your side skirts aswell though & think it help follow the line of the bottom of the front & rear bumpers too

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 10:44 PM)puglove Wrote: Skirts & bumper look well off in the pic, but as you say pics can do that, have you played with the brightness & contrast atall?

But yeah, i use to be a big hater of the black tops, then i had my silver ph2 and it really grew on me, not just on that 306 but others aswell, you need to ph2 up your side skirts aswell though & think it help follow the line of the bottom of the front & rear bumpers too

I don't know if its because of the panel angles or what but 306s seem to look shite in pics like that. All the paint on mine is original but it looks like patchwork in certain photos lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Definitely just the photo. It looks fine in real life. Ive seen p2 diablos with p3 diablo bumpers on and there was no difference!
Thanks given by:
I know playing with contrast & brightness in pics can play with diablo, for example my sig, iv got a faid from a cheery diablo on the front to a dark diablo on the back lol

There is a difference in diablos though sam even in the same ph2 , my S reg 6 was a totally different colour to my current R reg one when they were parked next to each other, & my ph3 bootlid defo is a different shad and you can see it is when you look at the car :/

Thanks given by:
Yeah, the pic has been edited, played with the contrast, vibrance, saturation, etc. How do you mean "ph2 up the skirts"?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 10:56 PM)puglove Wrote: I know playing with contrast & brightness in pics can play with diablo, for example my sig, iv got a faid from a cheery diablo on the front to a dark diablo on the back lol

There is a difference in diablos though sam even in the same ph2 , my S reg 6 was a totally different colour to my current R reg one when they were parked next to each other, & my ph3 bootlid defo is a different shad and you can see it is when you look at the car :/

Oh yes mate. There is definitely a difference but it isnt as straight cut as P2 and P3 diablo. D:

The difference is unknowable D:
Thanks given by:
Same with all colours tbh

Had a blaze broke it and sold the bonnet was much deeper colour compared to the car it went on

Another time bought a black door for my d turbo my car was a deep glossy black the second hand door looked grey and milky compared to the rest of the car
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Oh, and the skirts are a slightly different shade, the were China blue originally, and I sprayed them Diablo with rattle cans from halfrauds, hence the difference. Wink
Thanks given by:
No point looking at the codes in halfords may as well just pick any red can as it's not going to match

Sure Zakk said ford white was a better match for Bianca than there specified Bianca useless lady gardens

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
lol Yeah didn't bother with codes, just picked up a can of Diablo paint. Seemed like a pretty good match until I actually got the skirts on the car! Spoiler is the same, slightly different shade to the rest of the car.
Thanks given by:
The golf classic red touchup pen is a perfect match! Was £1!
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 10:44 PM)puglove Wrote: But yeah, i use to be a big hater of the black tops, then i had my silver ph2 and it really grew on me, not just on that 306 but others aswell, you need to ph2 up your side skirts aswell though & think it help follow the line of the bottom of the front & rear bumpers too

Indeed fella

How are things good??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 10:54 PM)SRowell Wrote: Definitely just the photo. It looks fine in real life. Ive seen p2 diablos with p3 diablo bumpers on and there was no difference!

My Ph.2 had a Ph.3 bonnet and bumper and I couldn't see any difference in shade, nor did anyone notice.

Are we sure that diablo really did come out in different shades from the factory? I feel it more likely that it is slightly more sensitive to UV and different vehicles have had different levels of lightening from exposure to UV light. This could also account for the difference between ph.2 and ph.3: later models suffer way less from lacquer peel so perhaps they changed the lacquer on later models to combat this and it has better UV properties.

If you look on a painted area of the shell that never seen the light of day it is always fresh, dark red. I've found the halfords rattle can that I have matches this shade pretty well which is to be expected really.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
These are ph2 side skirts, have a black strip across the bottom (i much prefer these any way) but i think it would suite you car better due to the black stips, my 6 also has these as its ph2

If you look at my sig, Do you not think the line of colour follows the bottom of the front and rear bumper better with the black on the bottom? where as the full colour ph3 ones all ways make the side skirts look lower than than the bumpers?

Thanks given by:
Ph2 bumpers for the win Smile

Thanks given by:
Thought it was only ph1 that had skirts like that?

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Depends which bin your parts came from lol

Thanks given by:
That my friend is a fair point!

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Phase 2 gtis have these skirts as both of mine have them.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol, so are ph2 and ph3 skirts actually different? I'm on my phone atm, can't see if they're different or if they've just been painted along the bottom.
Thanks given by:
No they are the same, just black on the bottom, but i dont think its paint its actually plastic

& Danny all ph2's that i have ever came across that came with skirts from the factory have the black bottom, its only ph3 that had the full colour

Thanks given by:
my ph2 has the black along the bottom of the bianca skirts
Thanks given by:
loving the front bumper man, needs more pics!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, i know, but i'm lazy, and cba to clean it in order to take photos. Wink

Might do it this weekend though, in time for Ace monday night....
Thanks given by:
any plans on more power dude?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not just yet, got a few other bits to sort out first, such as brakes and rear beam for starters. Bosch pump is a must at some point though, but i think i've said that on every page of this thread so far! Nospeak
Thanks given by:
yea lol, I don't get how some people can run the same setup for sooooooooo long! had my car about 3 and a half months, and ive put gti brakes on the front, fmic, and a gt20 lol
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Stil can't get over how good the bumper looks with the harriers Smile

More pictures needed
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
The bumper looks sweet, I'm gunna steal that idea in future Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Spending the day on the car tomorrow, as the weather looks good, got my list of bits to do as well:

[Image: 1975143_10202693762559489_1458388273_n.jpg]

Will probably end up adding more bits to the list before the day is out, but hopefully should be able to get some new pics of the car all nice and clean again! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 58,132 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard