Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
(02-03-2014, 10:06 PM)Tom Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:52 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Wait is that Dums old 2.1? IN his new hdi?...

someone went to specsavers

Sorry im not as perfect as you Makeup

It was a complement dood!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Might be daft question but what's that silver shiny thing that looks like a gearbox mount turbo?

Fair play tho with it, how long to you sell it to Zakk and he puts it in a field lol

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 10:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Might be daft question but what's that silver shiny thing that looks like a gearbox mount turbo?

You're exactly right, it's one of these. Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Elect...20dbc0555f
Thanks given by:
Top bombing guys Big Grin shame i couldnt hang around much longer but glad we got the timing all sorted Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Wait is that Dums old 2.1? IN his new hdi?...
Spot on mate.

(02-03-2014, 09:57 PM)Niall Wrote: Shit, watch out guys. This car will literally be the fastest thing on the road now!
No it wont, I mean it'll be quick for a lash up like it always was (once ive repaired a few of the "get you home" lash ups)

(02-03-2014, 10:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, but still not as fast as a 2.2 I'm guessing? Given the comparative lack of displacement... lol

Seriously though, should be good Chris! Big Grin
lol yeah, might MTDi the 2.2 unless someone wants to buy it off me Smile

And yeah its awesome, I'm slightly in love with that engine even though I've not been over 65 yet and it has no FMIC.

(02-03-2014, 10:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Might be daft question but what's that silver shiny thing that looks like a gearbox mount turbo?

Fair play tho with it, how long to you sell it to Zakk and he puts it in a field lol
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that the shiny think that I wish was a box mounted turbo is actually a ripspeed induction kit Sad
In my defense when i did my FMIC on the HDi I needed an enclosed induction kit sharpish and anywhere cheaper (and less garish) was miles away so would of cost me more in fuel.

(03-03-2014, 08:45 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Top bombing guys Big Grin shame i couldnt hang around much longer but glad we got the timing all sorted Smile
No worries mate, your help was awesome.
Thanks given by:
Ripspeed...+20hp.
JP
Thanks given by:
Nice work Chris. Bringing it to ace this month? Haven't seen you or the car for ages x
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I'm so glad it started first time with no issues after having to retime everything :-)

Definitely worth the long night and epic tiredness so the engine gets a new lease of life

Certainly didn't envy you having to drive it all the way home with no exhaust though haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'd only decided that the 2.1 was a good idea a couple of weeks ago (possibly while drunk) but I messaged Zakk and he said he'd sell the engine and eventually we agreed on a price that included fitting as he "still had everything off the car"

The thought process in my head was, veg oil, huge grunt, nothing to go wrong and Piggys is quite quick.

Anyway we agreed on this weekend to fit it expecting it to only take a day. I warned him that I was coming straight from a night shift so would likely be worth my weight in dog shit and just want to sleep all day but he said no probs so we were on.

Anyway me and Zakk have similar levels of organisation and TBH if the engine hadn't been in his unit already we'd probably of forgotten that lol.

Everything was a pain in the arse, we worked till almost 5am the first day then another few hours on the second to finish it off.

Zakk has been an absolute trooper and everyone else who has dropped in has spun a few spanners and really boosted my morale at least, a proper team effort and what makes this place special. Was amazing when it started first time.

So the engine coming out of his small unit and en route to the big one.
[attachment=13979]

Decided to check and replace my top engine mount and she was spot on.
[attachment=13980]

Old one was a bit squished though
[attachment=13981]

Was a bit of rust on the bulk head
[attachment=13982]

So I cleaned it up and lashed some paint on that and the engine mount, sadly it was 10 year old hammerite and like painting with mastick so its not a great job
[attachment=13983]
[attachment=13984]

Then had to make myself some transmission tunnel clearance with a hammer, to give you an idea how much metal was moved that tunnel should be nearly symmetrical to he notch at the top. I also bent the cross member up and back rather than cutting it out to keep some strength as I don't think I'm gonna be able to run my strut brace any more.
[attachment=13985]
[attachment=13986]
[attachment=13987]

And the engine in
[attachment=13988]

So the snagging list.
- Desperately need to replace the fuel lines as its only got a 6mm feed which is being sucked flat giving me a 65mph top speed on the flat, Up hill I was struggling to stay above 30 at points.
- Need to work out why its dumped all its coolant since I've got home as theres a very orange puddle under the car.
- Get an exhaust made (please someone with a welder) pop round
- Plumb in a FMIC. Neither me nor Zakk had any suitable cutting tools for boost pipes so it got left off and like a muppet I left it in his unit doh.
Thanks given by:
I actually quite enjoyed myself most of the weekend, there came a point at about 4am after been at It all day Saturday when trying to get enough slack on an aux belt that was too small that was a bit like "what the f*ck am I doing with my life" but the rest of it was good despite a lack of equipment (kindly liberated from the other unit by some light fingered bastards)

Sorry I wasn't as helpful on Sunday, but was slightly distracted with buying another car, selling one and organising parts to be delivered and collected aha

Was an epic sight when we had 8 Peugeots outside though haha

[attachment=13991]
[attachment=13992]
[attachment=13993]
[attachment=13994]
[attachment=13995]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wicked pics Big Grin yeah it was quite a gathering! wished i had been there for the initial startup, i was shitting my kegs expecting a text along of the lines of timing out a tooth lmao so relieved!

Did i hear that there was a strut brace for sale? Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Dumdum is booked in at piggys garage for some welding monday!
My strut brace fits fine Chris...have you test fitted it?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
By the looks and commentary from Zakk that 2.1 was all the fun to put in. It was even a bitch when we took it out the sedan Sad
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Zakk - Great photos, from what I remember i had a good laugh bar being quite ill and so tired I think I was hallucinating at one point (was up from 1pm Friday till 5am Sunday with little more than a few 15 min naps, 40 hours straight lol).

Matt - Yes if it doesn't fit over the engine.

James - Dunno haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to having an exhaust so it doesn't sound quite so tank like.

Rob - Yeah but its mainly due to turbo location and the fact that everything is just a tiny bit different to the 306 parts.
Thanks given by:
Looks like fun mate, glad it's all good. Fine tuning left now Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 02:06 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Looks like fun mate, glad it's all good. Big ass turbo and hybrid pump and FMIC left now Smile

EFA lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
awesome work there chris!

don't think ive seen a 2.1 estate before
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 02:06 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Looks like fun mate, glad it's all good. Fine tuning left now Smile
Yes mate, shes just had a bit more done, now has 8mm fuel lines, full coolant and pas resovior removed. There is still a fuckton of niggles not least my starter now being a lady garden (randomly catching) but I love that engine.

(03-03-2014, 02:12 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 02:06 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Looks like fun mate, glad it's all good. Big ass turbo and hybrid pump and FMIC left now Smile

EFA lol
Well I own a big ass turbo and a FMIC, just need a franken pump really.

(03-03-2014, 02:32 PM)mr_fish Wrote: awesome work there chris!

don't think ive seen a 2.1 estate before
Cheers mate, we were saying this at the weekend, all the other 2.1 conversions seem to be hatches but I'm loving having her back.

Anyway a few more bits done like the 8mm lines. Think I'm gonna keep the PAS off as its not "that" bad. Its still sucking the grenade flat sadly though. Just gotta keep working my way through it.

[attachment=14004]
[attachment=14005]
Thanks given by:
10mm lines for the win!!

Should have my 10mm lines in when you come visit
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Very interesting Dum... Is this the engine that was in that Sedan you took me in?
JP
Thanks given by:
I am just guna rant once, in defense of Dumdum, stop freaking picking on his choice of engines...
I dont see anyone else randomly trying different engines, its all getting predicatble with xuds with td04s or hdis with big remaps and r70 pumps...

He done something different....respect is due Smile

(03-03-2014, 05:21 PM)jammapic Wrote: Very interesting Dum... Is this the engine that was in that Sedan you took me in?

I'll answer for him...and for you not reading the thread...yes it is!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah right. Cool. That thing was pretty meaty. Bit lazy in how it revved but pulled like a train!
JP
Thanks given by:
Its got a big long stroke if im not mistaken? Wouldnt expect it to be a revver :p Tbh its quick and good on fuel and DumDum is happy with it. Win, win, freaking win imo!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 05:30 PM)Tom Wrote: Its got a big long stroke if im not mistaken? Wouldnt expect it to be a revver :p Tbh its quick and good on fuel and DumDum is happy with it. Win, win, freaking win imo!

Would need to be a short stroke for a revver!

Your right though jammap'...its quite lazy on the rev range...but with a hdi box its freaking awesome
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats what i said. Got a long stroke, wouldnt expect revs...

[Image: 60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI...9f811.jpeg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Well I was gonna wait till tomorrow but as im here....

My god, who is that handsome chap
Thanks given by:
Was amazing when this finally fired up, sounded amazing. Diesel ftw
Thanks given by:
awesome! I need to make a trip down to you guys Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris you have this engine back again, so karma is saying go hard or go home lol

The shell is good so you can focus on the engine and do it some justice now Wink. This will be epic !!
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 10:38 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Was amazing when this finally fired up, sounded amazing. Diesel ftw
YES!!!!! That 2.1 with no exhaust and the inlet off! f*ck me I love that noise. Considering 4 individual filters so I can run it like that sometimes. You don't know induction noise till you've heard a 2.1 with the upper inlet manifold off Smile

(03-03-2014, 10:59 PM)padge Wrote: awesome! I need to make a trip down to you guys Smile
LOL we don't really live anywhere near each other, the south is alot bigger place than the North.

(03-03-2014, 11:09 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Chris you have this engine back again, so karma is saying go hard or go home lol

The shell is good so you can focus on the engine and do it some justice now Wink. This will be epic !!
LOL, you clearly haven't seen this shell, I've never seen a 306 with rusty outer arches and door bottoms before. 241k and shes showing it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,438 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,512 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,031 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum