Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
How many HDi engines do you actually have now? Are any of them for sale with decent injectors?
Thanks given by:
Hahaha only got the one spare, and no decent injectors i'm afraid dude. Get the 2.2 in there dammit!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-12-2013, 05:15 PM)Poodle Wrote: Get the 2.2 in there dammit!

This. There should be a blanket ban on this forum stopping anyone from selling Dum engines except for 2.2s lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Damn straight!

Big thanks to Jonnyallthenumbers and samwantsyourass, who swapped my AVOs for the TAs this weekend. It's not a downgrade, just a temporary swap while I get the AVOs sent off to be serviced. Winter tyres went back on at the same time and she had a service a couple of weeks ago, so we're all set for winter.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
probably a good thing having a softer winter type setup to be honest...

is it pricey to get the AVOs serviced?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wish I had money for winter tyres.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that would be the ideal, James, unfortunately the TAs have come with 350lb springs lol. Luckily the tyres have best part of an extra inch of sidewall over the michelins, so it sort of balances out.. Confused

I was quoted £60 a shock plus the cost of any major parts - if a stanchion is scored, for example. Can't remember if that's plus VAT or not, was a few months ago I made enquiries.

That's easy Chris, lrn2budget. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
350s? Woh!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
While i'm uploading pics thought i'd stick one in here:

[attachment=12500]

I think the sooner that new engine goes in the better, this one's beginning to sound a bit rough around the edges.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have you left tools on the engine and slammed the bonnet? Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nah, boost pipe was rubbing, so the bonnet got some adjustment with a lump hammer. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh, how subtle! lmao
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's a shame since the rest of the car is in tip top condit...lol nope couldn't finish that sentence
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
But even if every panel was dented and someone had covered it in paint stripper, it would still look better than your Halfords edition Rover Steve Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2014, 10:01 PM)Niall Wrote: But even if every panel was dented and someone had covered it in paint stripper, it would still look better than your Halfords edition Rover Steve Wink

[Image: apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg]
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol Honestly made me laugh that

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Lol steve, such a bitch. You're just jealous my power figures are going in the right direction. :p

Mot passed today with no real advisories (low handbrake efficiency - standard lol), pretty chuffed with that, and surprised lol. Got the nurburgring coming up in a few months, so most of what i'll be doing before then will be tidying up and fixing any niggles.

Starting to make serious contributions to my planned compound set-up now, got both turbos and all the inlet pipework sorted, still searching for an external wastegate, an electric oil scavenge pump and a small second sump, among other bits. Having some trouble tracking decent parts down at reasonable prices, so if anyone has any tips or contacts they'd be gladly received. Truth be told I haven't even worked out exactly what I need yet, so the same goes for that lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I know it would be brand new but demon motorsport external gates like on my hybrid are brilliant and you can get custom springs for them. As for oil pumps just find someone with a scrap engine and ra*e one out of the bottom of that.

Oh and I didn't think you were gonna mention the compound on here?
Thanks given by:
I'd rather get a bargain and have a better product tbh. The problem is getting a 12v one, most are crank driven, i've been keeping a fairly sharp eye out.

Haha yeah, i wasn't, sort of slipped out. Blush Besides, after about 2 months of not seeing anything for reasonable money i could probably use the help too lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRcmgibm-aA

Thanks given by:
IMO thats not the best explanation actually as the "exhaust bypass valve" for the small turbo is usually just the wastegate and he doesn't point out that at low rpms the small turbo sucking in air can help spool the big turbo as it draws air through it.
Thanks given by:
That's not compound, nor even twin turbo as per the title, it's sequential lol. I'm not sure you can help spool a turbo by sucking/blowing on the inlet side Chris...

And sshhhh ffs both of you, i was hoping nobody would notice my indiscretion. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Awesome! COMPOUND SETUP!!

Haha...cant wait to see this develop poodle..what turbos you got for it?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol Piggy, sod it i've let it slip now, may as well carry on! Well you sold me one, a gt1749, the other is a td05 16g6. Have spent some time talking to Luke (pugmarshall) and he's helped me come up with an oil system that'll be a damn sight easier to get bits for, as such i've already collected most of it. Have also given up on getting a tial/turbosmart/etc ewg and have just bought a generic one and put tial springs in it (bloody springs cost more than any other part for this build so far, at nearly £50 for the pair!! TMI) Next step is going to be building a mock engine bay i can get everything laid out properly and designing the exhaust manifold.

Lots of little jobs going on in the backgroud with this, almost finished with the flat bed now. Will be adding luxuries like sound deadening and speakers to it once i'm done with basics. AVOs are due back some time monday, all shiny! Rebuilding some rear calipers too, the ones on there are sticking again. Also gone and bought a mig welder so I can drash on with the fabrication work.

Have done my usual and done every last bit without taking pics of everything, or even anything lol, but will take a few and stick them up later/at the weekend.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good to hear some interesting progress going on dude Big Grin Will be popping down in april at some point before action day so might come over to gawp :p

Thanks given by:
be good to see this take shape, i can remember you mentioning those plans when I met you first.

Should be a good set-up, and an interesting one to say the least!

Crack on!
Thanks given by:
Do it Steve! Hopefully i'll have finished something by then, more likely i'll have just started a few more sub-projects instead lol.

Cheers Mark, been looking forward to doing this for a while. It's been in the pipeline mentally for years, but figured there was no point really mentioning it until i had the means. Someone better organised/paid would just have got there first lol.

So yeah, piccies! Left to right:

GT1546 (Standard turbo, still on mani).............................GT1749 (HP turbo)..............................TD05HR 16G6 9.8T (LP turbo)

[attachment=13565]

Twin-scroll awesomeness. Big Grin

[attachment=13566]

EWG

[attachment=13567]

330d intercooler

[attachment=13569]

Oil sandwich plate

[attachment=13570]

Also got a metre of 4mm thick (LOL) steel tube to make exhaust manifold runners and an empty welding gas bottle for the log.

Total cost of items listed above: £123.85

Can be done on the cheap. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looks good Poodle. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how much it costs, as long as of works Smile Some nice Gubbins there..
Thanks given by:
£123.85!!!!

I have much to learn.

Teach me.
Thanks given by:
That intercooler looks tiny! whats happening with the one on there now?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,250 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta