Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project
Has been such good fun doing this whole thing,admittedly not under the best circumstances for Eli but at least it's all nearly ready to go!
And we will see you guys Friday hopefully with a fully running car, get on it Stephen!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 06:58 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I called upon Vaughan to have a quick listen

Blind leading the blind much? lol

Glad to see its finally running after all this time. If the engine doesnt sell, ill take it for epicness.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
All this time? 4 weeks between full time, social times, family events and collecting partsI don't think we've done bad at all.

Anyone wanting dibs on the engine pm a price. Need to recover as much as possible to make up for the costs Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Oh dear. What was wrong with the 6 engine? How did it die exactly?

Give it a month before someone puts petrol in.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Wow what a change, finally on the right fuel, its better in every way except for when you fill up and your hands stink for a while, hate that.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Wow didn't see this happening in the project but think of it his way Eli...boost time instead of bwapp time oh and more dollar in the skyrocket Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
F*cking hell some serious shit been happening here! Can't help but think that swapping in an XUD is easier in the long run than converting a DT to '6 spec though...

Great to see how many people were there to help, great thing about this place Big Grin

Rapeseed is £4.89 for 5 litres at Costco btw Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 11:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: F*cking hell some serious shit been happening here! Can't help but think that swapping in an XUD is easier in the long run than converting a DT to '6 spec though...

Great to see how many people were there to help, great thing about this place Big Grin

Rapeseed is £4.89 for 5 litres at Costco btw Wink

It is, but you still get GTI raped on insurance, even if you change V5 to xud, its still a "GTI" so therefore your a boy racer and have to pay at least double what anyone else wouldhave to pay!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Remember I am old; this lowers the GTI's insurance a lot anyway. Then again, it doesnt help having my cradlesnatched Ginge on the insurance Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
It's a high insurance group motor with an engine change declared. It wont end up cheap sadly Sad
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 08:46 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: It's a high insurance group motor with an engine change declared. It wont end up cheap sadly Sad

I checked with my insurance before the change to see what it would be; they advised that as long as it doesn't put out more than the GTI's BHP then it shouldnt make a difference...
I will be calling them to make the change shortly, so I will see!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 06:58 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Changed her all together ThumbsUp
Why? How long did that take?

(11-09-2013, 08:44 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Remember I am old; this lowers the GTI's insurance a lot anyway. Then again, it doesnt help having my cradlesnatched Ginge on the insurance Rolleyes
Yeah but it'll be more economical and thus cheaper when you take him to school in the morning.
Thanks given by:
lmao Chris!!!!

Erm hour or so; it hasn't lined up completely yet, and struggled massively to get it in, got to lever It a bit more
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 08:48 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 08:46 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: It's a high insurance group motor with an engine change declared. It wont end up cheap sadly Sad

I checked with my insurance before the change to see what it would be; they advised that as long as it doesn't put out more than the GTI's BHP then it shouldnt make a difference...

No big turbo then?
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:21 PM)ginge191 Wrote: lmao Chris!!!!

Erm hour or so; it hasn't lined up completely yet, and struggled massively to get it in, got to lever It a bit more

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want to know as I'd prefer it to be Gig-worthy
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:21 PM)ginge191 Wrote: lmao Chris!!!!

*Shakes Head* I told you popping the flap was a 2 min job. Would of saved all that hassle.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:30 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 08:48 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:

No big turbo then?

Not yet! Just want to get it running first!!
Thanks given by:
I'd try brentacre for insurance, they really don't seem to give a shit how extreme mods are...
Thanks given by:
Same with green light! I can do anything to mine providing i stick below my 180bhp power bracket and even to go up to the next bracket which is 250, its only an extra 78.85 a year ninja
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So I've just called Greenlight to declare the change, that's all done Smile
I didnt ask if I could get my premium lower, I'm ok to leave it as is...

MOT is due Monday; great f*cking timing.... Delaying me from driving it for even longer Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Typical lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
It'll be a whole different animal now, no more 140mph though! Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 11:37 AM)Tom Wrote: It'll be a whole different animal now, no more 140mph though! Sad

You mean BHP, right? I know Ginge said the Sigma was fast; but he wasnt telling the truth, was he?!

Yeah I know. I'm sure I'll be fine with 140bhp to be honest. I just want my car back!
Thanks given by:
You've lost me aha, i just meant you wont be able to do 140mph anymore! :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 11:59 AM)Tom Wrote: You've lost me aha, i just meant you wont be able to do 140mph anymore! :p

Oh... I never did 140.... I couldnt afford it!
Thanks given by:
Hahahahahahahahaha amen!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
The MOT tester is gonna get a surprise when he starts it lol

Smoke test only mate!
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 03:06 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: The MOT tester is gonna get a surprise when he starts it lol

Smoke test only mate!

umm they might have an issue with that! if the engine change is not on the recorded details as dont the mots now test connected to the mot database ?

im unsure on this point! but maybe an issue
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm currently looking into this issue....!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,698 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
Rainbow Diablo 306 HDi Project dhdcdarchy 80 20,620 28-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 39,990 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191