FMIC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC?
hi all is there much benefit running a FMIC on a standard ph1 with lucas pump?
[Image: cornishmafia.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Moved Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
There would always be a benefit over a tmic
But take into consideration a bit more turbo lag, wud be ideal if u tune it
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
are they quite simple to do? seen a few transit/Iveco intercoolers cheap
Thanks given by:
There would be a benefit but if your only on a stage one if it was me i would invest the money that you would spend on a fmic getting a Bosch put on it
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
cheers guys im getting the cyclones and lowering done first then look at engine side I think!
Thanks given by:
dude...you gota start using the search button!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There actually arent any threads though were someone has said "fitted a front mount wow what a difference deffo recommend to everyone!"
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
^^ true story!

Searched myself. No one really says what the difference is with diff pumps
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Far less heatsoak with an FMIC....

Some Iveco coolers are monsterous, make sure you can get the pipework to fit! You'll need a Xanti/406 mani to go with the new cooler too
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 10:04 PM)Matt Wrote: ^^ true story!

Searched myself. No one really says what the difference is with diff pumps

but there is tonnes of info, google for a start.

and there is pages and pages of info of people fitting them on here, also the why and also the stages of tuning and when to use fmic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 09:50 PM)Tom Wrote: There actually arent any threads though were someone has said "fitted a front mount wow what a difference deffo recommend to everyone!"

I think that may be because fitting an intercooler itself won't do anything interesting and will get minimal gains

However it allows you to run more fuel and to an extent, more boost
The charge temps are a lot cooler due to the colder air at the front of the car. So if you were already near the limits of temperatures and heatsoak then fitting the fmic will then allow you to retune it and maybe get a bit more out of it
Orrr prolong the life of parts as temhey won't be seeing as much temperatures as before
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thanks guys! sometimes when you use the search facility it doesn't give you the correct info, and I feel that asking the question you need answered is what the forums should be all about! sorry if any disagrees.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 10:27 AM)paul7278 Wrote: thanks guys! sometimes when you use the search facility it doesn't give you the correct info, and I feel that asking the question you need answered is what the forums should be all about! sorry if any disagrees.

Ask away, I'm sure you'll find in general people are happy to answer questions and give good advice, even if they think its been covered before.

Sometimes reviving old topics pulls up new ideas and discussion.

I think telling OPs to go use the search button is a bit hostile tbh. Much of the love for this forum is down to its friendly user base.

As already mentioned, I think money could be better invested elsewhere first, agree that a bosch pump would be a good start Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate !
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 10:34 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: I think telling OPs to go use the search button is a bit hostile tbh. Much of the love for this forum is down to its friendly user base.

(20-03-2013, 09:53 AM)Piggy when he was new Wrote: I find it easy to think mechanically too...but never mind asking if peeps dont mind being asked

Obviously Piggy minded being asked lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just seems all the OP does is pearoast
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy doesnt like people really haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
lol he forgets he was once new and irritating also.

Now he's just irritating lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahahahahahaha lmao
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Whilst this thread is open at the top, Would one 12" fan be enough on my rad? I know we have 2 as standard but i only ever see one working!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 01:50 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: lol he forgets he was once new and irritating also.

Now he's just irritating lmao

QFT Angel
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Really impressed with how friendly this forum is so far. Everyone seems happy to share information.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 03:29 PM)simonh Wrote: Really impressed with how friendly this forum is so far. Everyone seems happy to share information.

I have no information worth sharing but your welcome!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 03:49 PM)Tom Wrote: Whilst this thread is open at the top, Would one 12" fan be enough on my rad? I know we have 2 as standard but i only ever see one working!

I think 1 would be fine and do the job but 2 would be better.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 10:40 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 03:49 PM)Tom Wrote: Whilst this thread is open at the top, Would one 12" fan be enough on my rad? I know we have 2 as standard but i only ever see one working!

I think 1 would be fine and do the job but 2 would be better.

Ive just one on mine and it does the job.
Thanks given by:
depends if you want A/C running...then you would need two ideally
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 06:23 AM)Piggy Wrote: depends if you want A/C running...then you would need two ideally

Not got ac Wink One it is!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

I don't know if yours is the same as mine was but mine was one high speed and one low speed so I guess you could get away with running one on highspeed.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: