Vag help? And a little rant.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vag help? And a little rant.
I dont think we realise how lucky we are on this forum, everyone chips in even if they know almost shit all about it we all try and help eachother, no thread goes un-aided. Been on 2 vag forums and no one replies to anything, its f*cking dead over there, whats the point in a f*cking forum if no one f*cking speaks on it? Stupid f*cking fucck fucks.

I need to know if i can put a standard clutch into a remapped leon tdi? Thats all i need to know :/ Its had a stage one map so 130bhp upto 180bhp i dont know what clutch is in it now, just need to know if i can stick a sachs clutch from ecp in there and it'll be good again or if i need something better :/ Can any of you guys help? We know all our clutches are fine with stage ones obviously vag owners are stupid shitty dumb fucks.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Stock clutches are a bit hit and miss on those lumps apparently, think it's around 300 lb/ft after the stage 1 which tends to ra*e stock clutches, guess it depends how the owner drives really
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can stick a stock clutch in, won't last long if it's abused though... That means literally no throttle when pulling away, and no slipping the clutch to hit boost before an overtake etc...bit of a PITA really.

I got away with using an old standard clutch on my PD180.....but it was wrecked when I broke the car, burn marks all over the DMF as well. After that I'd always uprate if I could have afforded to!
Thanks given by:
Well shes a girl and she grannys it round mostly, but then she does take it to the redline every now and again :/ If it was me i know i can drive and not really load up the clutch like that but women just if she wants to go faster she just plants her foot lol -.-
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I had been told that OEM clutches were fine with vag tdi stage 1 maps
Thanks given by:
Redlining is fine, power and torque are dropping off up there lol. Its low to mid that's more the problem.

If it's a high miler, you'll probably wanna check the DMF as well, not 'too' expensive from GSF (with a bit of discount Wink ) tbh.
Thanks given by:
130k i think, not ordering a DMF unless we have to though :/ Well it was remapped before she owned it and shes done loads of miles and the slipping is only a recent thing. She told me her turbo was on the way out, and after loads of crap descriptions i drove it and the clutch was slipping -.-
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
130k and the original DMF? Check the play when you get the clutch off then, mine was only 136k lol! lol That said, I sold my other one on 140k still original and that had only just started getting clattery so it's the luck of the draw with that.

Is it on a blacksmoke remap? That's the usual 180bhp one, most of the expensive ones have a bit less torque and power to save the clutch a bit - which it sounds like yours is if its lasted for a while before issues. In that case, you might as well go for a new standard one I guess.

Also, try GSF over ECP, they seem a bit more flexible with prices. You could also try http://www.dubgenerationclub.co.uk/forum/ forum. I know its not local to you but I've found it a much better forum than most for replies and help.
Thanks given by:
I posted on mkivs and a dedicated leon forum and nothing, there meets must be shit!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
MKIVs is a terrible forum for replies. Usually has info if you look about though.

Just check my post count on there, its only about 300 lol.... I really didn't get on with it!
Thanks given by:
Mines less than that. Not going back there again!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 02:31 PM)Tom Wrote: Mines less than that. Not going back there again!

Lol, yeah but compare it to my post count on here lol! lol

Also, someone has replied to you on there now. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I thought VW forums were about polishing cars and arguing over which wheels look best Rofl
Thanks given by:
Have you thought about posting a link back to this thread there.

Youve had more VAG help on a 306forum than vag forum.
Thanks given by:
I know right, its f*cking embarassing lol!

I guess a reply is a reply regardless of how shit it is. Just need to find out where people get these clutches from now -.-
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You can put in a standard one but it wont last as long, if it needs a clutch and your keeping the car it would be better to put an extra few pound to it and get an upgraded one, also a solid flywheel would be a better job to.
Thanks given by:
It will probably last a couple thousand miles tbf.. But id defo upgrade for the peace of mind
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 03:14 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: I thought VW forums were about polishing cars and arguing over which wheels look best Rofl

You forgot about how low they can go too
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Dual mass is the worst invention ever
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Standard clutches on PD engines can withstand about 170-180 bhp i've seen from personal experience (Fabia VRS etc)

Dual mass = wtf m8
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 05:00 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Dual mass is the worst invention ever

You sure? I'd rank EGR or DPF much higher! Dodgy

Tbh, although they're annoying and I'm constantly worried about mine breaking (the one on the Vec is only 25k old and it sounds terrible already) they are good when they work. A guy at one of the Dub meets I went to a while back had changed from DMF to SMF on his PD, and I couldn't believe how noisy it was in the cabin at idle!
Thanks given by:
Dont they make what they call silent smf's now?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 05:44 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont they make what they call silent smf's now?

Yeah, made by Southbend...check out the price though. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah im panicing a bit now, a sachs clutch on ecp is like 120quid, now im looking at uprated im seeing prices of 300/700 and even 900 lol if its going to cost that much then i might suggest to her about putting a standard map back on it, not like she uses 180bhp anyway, just the fuel economy she gets is amazing :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Chuck another standard one on and tell her not to drive like a bellend then. Sorted. Wink
Thanks given by:
chipped motor; put an uprated sachs clutch in it (its high mileage, so treat it to a new dmf as well)

dmf---evil because they are expensive to replace.

dmf---good as they absorb drivetrain shocks, smooth engine by absorbing pulses in between each cylinder firing, absorb transmission rattles on tickover, act as a crankshaft harmonic balancer to prevent cranks snapping.

read on other forums about fitting solid replacement flywheels, noises, judders and breakages. my galaxy is at161k and will be having a new dmf when the box comes out of it, at about £180 for an luk one ????
Thanks given by:
I cant find an uprated one for a good price either :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: