The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
Bit of friendly advice about what's worked for me and my brother;

Chest, flat bench 3 sets 8 reps max weight. Incline dumbells 2 sets max weight and drop set 8-8-fail.

Back, warmup weighted bar deadlifts. 4 sets 4 reps building up from floor to max weight. Bent over dumbell rows 1 set drop from max weight 10 reps starting with left hand, drop weight 10 reps and repeat for another 2 sets of 10 then minute rest then right hand.

Legs, 10-15 mins on cross trainer, squats with Olympic bar, 3 sets max weight 6 reps, leg extensions 4 sets 12 reps moderate weight. Then hamstrings supersetted with leg press 5 sets 10 reps each moderate to light weight.

Three compound body parts for ya. I could talk all day about training. But whether u want big gains or to just put a little muscle on this should hopefully work for ya. Iv got my bench from 100 to 125 strict form in space of a month.

Hope it helps.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 09:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 09:11 PM)Scott Wrote: Good call changing to the less sugary or starchy foods (white pasta, rice and bread). As for the GF diet, it's a little annoying but it can take more than a week to feel the benefits from it. I know this as if Coeliacs have gluten it can take longer than a week for them to feel back to normal again. Do you eat sandwiches as your 'go-to' snack? A lot of the GF bread isn't great and it's quite expensive considering how much you get, but certain brands are better than others (I believe Kim may have mentioned those to you?). As you say though, some of it can be quite high in sugar, but from what I've found a lot of food which isn't specifically marked as gluten-free is actually free-from anyway, but they're "made in a factory that handles wheat" or something of the sort, so they can't advertise it as such. I find that meals with brown rice, chicken and things like peppers, tomato, spinach and occasionally something like honey, maple or pesto really add to the flavour. When I say maple, I don't mean the cheap maple syrup which is made just from sugar, I mean proper Canadian maple syrup which is organic, though it is high in natural sugars.

I don't really want to go to a gym, so I've been browsing reddit and found the following thread which I'm going to be following in the short term: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments...l_stopgap/

I've done this tonight and will be following the schedule alongside things like football or climbing, I'll post results/thoughts on it over the next couple of weeks Smile

I do have sandwiches for tea usually, yes. Tried two types of GF bread, and also warburtons GF rolls and didn't like any of those - Im sure they made me feel worse anyway, guts churning all night until I could get rid... I couldn't get on with the texture at all though, was forcing it down tbh.

Then the other GF stuff like cakes/biscuits had a lot more sugar than the normal equivalent and tasted awful and made me feel ill. So after that I gave up on that idea. I know it may not have been long enough but I couldn't put up with eating that stuff forever tbh. I dunno how Kim does it!

As for flavour...I dont really like flavour lol, bland and boring suits me fine, its more texture for me, and that pastey kind of texture of the GF bread wasn't nice at all.

The only thing left for me to try cutting out now is dairy...as I have cheese most days tbh, either in a sandwhich or at dinner with chicken/cheese/ham or pasta/cheese/bacon etc.
Well if you're going to eat cakes and biscuits they're full of sugar no matter whether they're GF or not Wink Fruit is sweet and has natural sugars and is GF, why not try that as a substitute? Most chocolate is GF but then again that's dairy, so partly what you're trying to avoid. Eat Natural bars are GF and are really good as a snack, and they're reasonably sweet as some have honey, others have yoghurt or again, some have dark chocolate.

Are you not too keen on rice then?

Kas cheers for posting that Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 09:45 PM)Scott Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 09:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 09:11 PM)Scott Wrote: Good call changing to the less sugary or starchy foods (white pasta, rice and bread). As for the GF diet, it's a little annoying but it can take more than a week to feel the benefits from it. I know this as if Coeliacs have gluten it can take longer than a week for them to feel back to normal again. Do you eat sandwiches as your 'go-to' snack? A lot of the GF bread isn't great and it's quite expensive considering how much you get, but certain brands are better than others (I believe Kim may have mentioned those to you?). As you say though, some of it can be quite high in sugar, but from what I've found a lot of food which isn't specifically marked as gluten-free is actually free-from anyway, but they're "made in a factory that handles wheat" or something of the sort, so they can't advertise it as such. I find that meals with brown rice, chicken and things like peppers, tomato, spinach and occasionally something like honey, maple or pesto really add to the flavour. When I say maple, I don't mean the cheap maple syrup which is made just from sugar, I mean proper Canadian maple syrup which is organic, though it is high in natural sugars.

I don't really want to go to a gym, so I've been browsing reddit and found the following thread which I'm going to be following in the short term: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments...l_stopgap/

I've done this tonight and will be following the schedule alongside things like football or climbing, I'll post results/thoughts on it over the next couple of weeks Smile

I do have sandwiches for tea usually, yes. Tried two types of GF bread, and also warburtons GF rolls and didn't like any of those - Im sure they made me feel worse anyway, guts churning all night until I could get rid... I couldn't get on with the texture at all though, was forcing it down tbh.

Then the other GF stuff like cakes/biscuits had a lot more sugar than the normal equivalent and tasted awful and made me feel ill. So after that I gave up on that idea. I know it may not have been long enough but I couldn't put up with eating that stuff forever tbh. I dunno how Kim does it!

As for flavour...I dont really like flavour lol, bland and boring suits me fine, its more texture for me, and that pastey kind of texture of the GF bread wasn't nice at all.

The only thing left for me to try cutting out now is dairy...as I have cheese most days tbh, either in a sandwhich or at dinner with chicken/cheese/ham or pasta/cheese/bacon etc.
Well if you're going to eat cakes and biscuits they're full of sugar no matter whether they're GF or not Wink Fruit is sweet and has natural sugars and is GF, why not try that as a substitute? Most chocolate is GF but then again that's dairy, so partly what you're trying to avoid. Eat Natural bars are GF and are really good as a snack, and they're reasonably sweet as some have honey, others have yoghurt or again, some have dark chocolate.

Are you not too keen on rice then?

Kas cheers for posting that Smile

See that's a major part of the problem, I'm cutting things out, but inadvertently eating something that I either don't realise or don't think about that has in it the food I'm trying to cut out lol. Doh

It's like these healthy cereal bars....lots seem to have just as much sugar and fat as a bakewell tart! Dodgy I don't really like chocolate though, too rich and sweet so I tend to have cakes or biscuits (boring non chocolaty ones lol) instead.

Also I have to be careful with fruit, especially soft fruit like grapes or strawberries as they seem to go through pretty quick... And real fruit juice in a morning was a bad idea so I stopped that.

And yeah I usually get the ones with honey or yoghurt.....and usually whatevers on offer atm as I'm trying different things....but on a tight budget.

No I can't stand rice....the maggoty texture lol....
Thanks given by:
Interesting this, scott there are many things you can do at home, id advise getting some weights just a small set would be sufice, id be doing situps squats and pressups, dips on bottom of stairs and weights for arms shoulders etc as your limited due to no gym equipment

As regards to Kas's reply thats ok but you said you dont want to go to the gym, and tbh i cant actually see the purpose of that specific workout, i.e what it would achieve, as ive been bodybuilding for years and IMO everyone is different, firstly you have to set out your goals ie what you want to do wether it be gain mass, lean up etc

Ive just started bulking again and you can see a few pages back i was quite lean and a reasonable size but in pics 14st 10 and dropped to 14st3 precomp which never came off due to injury but ive been bulking and eating to grow and im currently hitting 16st3 and want to gain another 10lbs and then start to strip and be about 15st @ 4/5% bf

If you require and advice feel free to pm me buddy im currently in the middle of a Personal Training level 3 course as i wipl be setting up part time as a PT on evenings and weekends as well as offering diets for a small fee but worked out specifically for your requirements and goals

Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh and got a new PB on bench lol 175kg for 6 clean full reps
Thanks given by:
f*ck me haha, im benching 40 haha!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Managed 650kg on leg press last week although cudnt walk for 3/4 days
Thanks given by:
my god, you are literally a machine. Feel sorry for who ever pisses you off !

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Haha i usually do and walk away not worth the hassle but being a big lad does attract the nobs on a night out good job i can back it up haha
Thanks given by:
i can imagine :L

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Hmm I am going to gym from last 2 years... I started gym because I just wanna lose fat on my belly.... but after sometime I develop my interest in bodybuilding.... here I have to share my photo which I took recently... you can say this is the result of two years workouts. but sorry I don't wanna show my face..

[Image: 12575305.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha ok then
Thanks given by:
One of his legs probably weighs as much as Tom lol

Anyone ever done the 100 press-up challenge? http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Might try it again as I when I used to be less lazy I could do 43 at once, now down to just above 30. Not intending do it as a constant workout, would just like to be back to where I was before. Luckily my natural bodytype is good so just need to improve a little.
Thanks given by:
Do 50 on each arm haha, Henry must have a good payslip for the amount of growth hormone (approx £250 a box for 4 weeks) and insulin you need to get to that size, funny how its a new member and doesnt want to show face wonder if hes anymore pics, ive been training years not as hardcore but that aint 2 years work and the translator use is terrible haha
Thanks given by:
Roids!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 03:37 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Do 50 on each arm haha, Henry must have a good payslip for the amount of growth hormone (approx £250 a box for 4 weeks) and insulin you need to get to that size, funny how its a new member and doesnt want to show face wonder if hes anymore pics, ive been training years not as hardcore but that aint 2 years work and the translator use is terrible haha

I tried one on one arm and nearly hurt my should :embarassed:

That was my new years res though, to be able to do a one armed push up, should probably start on that lol
Thanks given by:
Little advice. If you plan on getting big, it will presumably involve working your shoulders.. Then dont neglect your rotator cuff!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2013, 12:53 AM)n0v0s Wrote: Little advice. If you plan on getting big, it will presumably involve working your shoulders.. Then dont neglect your rotator cuff!

Funny you should say that mines f*cked but from the crash in the blaze restrics me a fair bit but i just push thru been havin physio for last 6month
Thanks given by:
This was me about 6months ago after 3-4 months training trying to lose some weight now due to fighting in about 2months

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 08:30 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(23-08-2012, 06:13 PM)ben87 Wrote: If you do want to lose weight and want some assistance i personal found thermobol did nothing for me

but Grenades worked a treat, on other hand i have a mate who was other way round so all depends how your body reacts also

make sure you read the nutrition and order the right one..i ended up ordering something that has more carbs than protein so ive noticed ive slowly put on a bit of weight as well as muscle lol

Extremely good point there, always check nutritional info as you want low low carb protiens etc, thermabol dont seem to work for me they work by raising body temperature, ive used clenbuterol (wont find in shops) and T6's as not like t5s which are basically whizz an efridin (cant spell)

I found L Cartinine and tribulus terrestris to be good to help strip the tribulus help muscle maintenance whilse losing fat also

how did you find the clen cj is it good i took two tablets one day and was crippled with cramps in my calves i was told i didnt drink enough water and should have been taking taurine with them ? i wouldn mind taking them again if there fairly safe ?
Thanks given by:
Ahh was gonna look for this thread other day actually! I'd recommend the "insanity" workout for anyone looking to drop afew lbs or get ripped up, 2 month to finish a cycle of it, done at home and NO equiptment needed! Its usually like 100 quid to buy but obv we all love torrents Smile I did 3 weeks of it before blowing my knee out in a basketball game but I lost 7lbs but noticed how much muscle gain I got. I'm going to be starting this workout when I come off holiday next tuesday if anyone would like progress pictures or even sending the program just ask Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2013, 09:22 PM)the milkman Wrote: Ahh was gonna look for this thread other day actually! I'd recommend the "insanity" workout for anyone looking to drop afew lbs or get ripped up, 2 month to finish a cycle of it, done at home and NO equiptment needed! Its usually like 100 quid to buy but obv we all love torrents Smile I did 3 weeks of it before blowing my knee out in a basketball game but I lost 7lbs but noticed how much muscle gain I got. I'm going to be starting this workout when I come off holiday next tuesday if anyone would like progress pictures or even sending the program just ask Smile

If you could send me the program, that would be ace Big Grin im currently on my last week of a insane arm workout out that adds an inch to your whole arm in 3 weeks!
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2013, 09:22 PM)the milkman Wrote: Ahh was gonna look for this thread other day actually! I'd recommend the "insanity" workout for anyone looking to drop afew lbs or get ripped up, 2 month to finish a cycle of it, done at home and NO equiptment needed! Its usually like 100 quid to buy but obv we all love torrents Smile I did 3 weeks of it before blowing my knee out in a basketball game but I lost 7lbs but noticed how much muscle gain I got. I'm going to be starting this workout when I come off holiday next tuesday if anyone would like progress pictures or even sending the program just ask Smile

Also got this.. Did a couple weeks then fked my back but will be starting again soon as its very good!!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Yeah you need to drink plenty of water ive had under my jaw cramp on them when ive not drank enough tbh creatine can also dehidrate a lot too so be careful

Ive been out of the gym for the last 3 weeks if you didnt notice last night ash lol I feel tiny need to get my pump back in the gym then doing a mad diet like last year to rip up down to 4% BF hopefully may be starting training in sept for a competition next year giving me enough time to load up and then strip for a years time
Thanks given by:
Yea you did look abit smaller in the chest and shouler region just didn't wanna tell you lool and if anyone wants insanity just pm me your e-mails will have to be next week I send due to holiday Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Well shoulder s id agree but still got 50" chest and havent trained lats for 5 weeks lol did chest last night struggled with 100kg tbh but should be back to strength in a few weeks lol
Thanks given by:
i joined last november and train in mixed martial arts/ cage fighting
Thanks given by:
Sweet I dod 4 years muay thai and 12 month MMA wasnt keen on grapling and wrestling side to it though so went back into gym
Thanks given by:
agreed dude I'm the pic up there isn't natty, a lot can be achieved in a short time if someone has sick genetics and nails training / diet / sleep EVERY day, but not that far.

I just started back training last night after 3 months out with a suspected hernia. I had a hernia op a year and a half ago and got back to full strength deadlifting 200kg which was my biggest ever but I think I may have another one. Going to have to spend lots of physio time stregthening my core etc

(14-08-2012, 02:02 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(31-07-2012, 02:38 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Whats the progress like cj? Any chance of posting up your diet? Im sticking to mine well enough

Hi matey ive kind of stopped the strict diet as not entering the competition as was losing my mind witht the hardcore training i do and how often i did it and the short deadline and i feel tiny atm and want to get massive before i contemplate entering a comp lol

Ive klost over a stone and a half in 4 weeks and 6 inches of my waist and kinda maintained it everywhere else.

My diet looked like this

you can eat anything you like as long as you stick within these daily parameters
and dont eat carbs after 3pm you can get away with 5-7g carbs with tea ie veg or salad

Days 1-3

Protein 250g
Carbs 150g
Fats 75g
No more than 1000 kals

Day 4

Protein 250g
Carbs 250g
Fats 65g
No more than 1000 kals

Days 5-7

Protein 250g
Carbs 50g
Fats 100g
No more than 1000 kals

Day 8

Treat day eat whatever you want

its a ballache measuring and counting everythin out but well worth it the results were amazing but i just dont feel myself at 14.5st

I am back on a bulking programme and want to hit about 18st and then drop to 17 lean Smile

Dont bother with all these pre workout suppliments they are a load of shite and if you want to lose weight they hold a lot of water with the creatine levels

Get som Beta Alanine from my protein take 2 full teaspoons twice a day and see how you feel after 2 weeks of use as u will feel it kick in after taking it but the results after 2 weeks i can get about 4-6 extra reps per set Smile

CJ

This can't be right...days 1-3 is actually 1900 cals. 4 calories per gram of protein, 4 calories per gram carbs and 9 calories per gram of fat.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:50 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Sweet I dod 4 years muay thai and 12 month MMA wasnt keen on grapling and wrestling side to it though so went back into gym

cool do you watch cage warriors?
Thanks given by: