205 Dturbo- now NAD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Dturbo- now NAD
My main worry is the UJ and servo. I've been in a car with a turbo catching the UJ, NOT cool. ahem, Chris.
I'm gunna give it a bash anyway, maybe literally.

What car were you in Sam?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I think you'll need to do some bashing there, it depends how far left and down it goes in the engine bay as to how much of a problem you're going to have with the UJ... It doesn't look low enough down to foul on the UJ though, looks like it sticks out VERY far though, it's kinda like my VNT - in a 306 it'll probably foul on the cross brace, the 205 does have more space, but not that much more!!! You might find you need to drop the turbo down and to the right...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 10:30 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: My main worry is the UJ and servo. I've been in a car with a turbo catching the UJ, NOT cool. ahem, Chris.
I'm gunna give it a bash anyway, maybe literally.

What car were you in Sam?

I was in chrises vagaygay seat leon were ment to be going in mine but didnt get it on the road in time
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is deffinatly more room than a 306 by a good 2 inches. I'm sure I could always tilt the engine. If it really doesn't want to go I will probably side mount it. Either way I go it will touch something, the linkages already touch my current turbo at times due to the waste gated design. Dodgy

I wandered who that was in the Leon! It was a great drive back, even though I kept getting stuck behind those pesky little 106 GTI's hah.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yep that was me and chris you should of given them a run for there money Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The 205 eats GTI's for breakfast.

I fitted the Compbrake quickshift gear stick and Pug1off linkages today, with slight help from Stephen. It's absolutely epic! Completely transforms the way it drives, no slop, solid as Samass after seeing a man bent bent over and makes good use of the paddle clutch for some epic changes.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I bet it does!

Still bloody love your car.

Please take me for a spin sometime!
Thanks given by:
If you need an extra pair or hand then I'm just a short trip away. Even if you don't need a hand I can come along and take pics and laugh a lot
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can vouch for the quickshift - ridiculous what difference it makes. Bloomin chuffed with that, not a bad price either. Definite buy for the other 205 in time!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
so hows you going controlling that beast of a vnt?

quickshift for the win defo...takes a bit more elbow grease to change mind
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Short shift FTMFW!

http://youtu.be/mOJuEv3NoT4

http://youtu.be/KySTHpyf35E
Thanks given by:
I'm still getting used to the shorter throw, I'm used to a sloppy change with the distance twice as long as it is now. I do have another vid of me missing a gear Blush
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Missing a gear? Pfft... Try doing a 1st to 6th... O'wait.
Thanks given by:
I'd still be able to do 5 miss shift during one of your gear changes.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Burn!!!!

Bloody troll.
Thanks given by:
So.....I have a week off work next week and a turbo almost ready to fit, now what shall I do!? ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
white lightings getting better and better max! we will have to look at a meet sometime, clash of the 90s hatchs.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 08:19 PM)procta Wrote: white lightings getting better and better max! we will have to look at a meet sometime, clash of the 90s hatchs.

But running different engines (improvements to standard I'd say).
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 08:07 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: So.....I have a week off work next week and a turbo almost ready to fit, now what shall I do!? ninja

keep me posted... i have SOOOOOO much uni work to do Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Keep an eye out for a thread titled "so, the conrods didn't like being part of the engine" orrrrr "f*ck me this car's mental!"
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Or..

" FFS i need a bigger hammer"
Thanks given by:
A hammer won't solve the fitting issues if there will be any.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Good luck buddy Big Grin I should have my car more shipshape come the end of the weekend; if you fancy a quick mid-week meet if the weather is half good I'm game Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Sounds good Ed! Feel free to pop over if I'm not finished and you can stand and laugh watching me try to squeeze a giant turbo in my shoe box of a car lmao
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Bahahaha!! Sounds like too good an opportunity to miss Tongue I'll let you know man Tongue x
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
So the the car had an MOT today and failed on a sidelight bulb, driving light bulb and handbrake cables needing clipping in. All sorted and got a year test on it Smile
Time for fun stuff now.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 09:14 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Good luck buddy Big Grin I should have my car more shipshape come the end of the weekend; if you fancy a quick mid-week meet if the weather is half good I'm game Smile

Bit late to the party here but Ed, is this a serious comment? Your car is never shipshape!

Max, looking good as ever! I fitted a quick shift to my 1.8 and i hated it to start with but couldnt be bothered to take it off. After a while, i really liked it! Was going to fit it to the 6 but its too much hassle because of the lift reverse.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 07:17 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: So the the car had an MOT today and failed on a sidelight bulb, driving light bulb and handbrake cables needing clipping in. All sorted and got a year test on it Smile
Time for fun stuff now.

Well done. Didn't fail on much then!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Whats became of this? Thread kept me occupied days reading at work and was the push into xud9 power I needed at one point I love this car so well done
Thanks given by:
whats happened to this?
Thanks given by: