2.1TD Swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.1TD Swap
(26-11-2012, 10:16 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Interesting...hmmm

So what turbo are you using then?!

Yeah im powerlfex bushjng and coilovering to cope with +torque

(19-11-2012, 01:03 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: As people said it would be intresting to see...but the way i see it, is its just everything I dont want...

Long stroke = torque muncher / hates revs.....I like building revvy lightweight dervs....torque just rapes clutchs, tyres,any everyother part of the drivetrain and bottom end / makes for a boring "hdi'esqe" drive imo.....

If i was doing anything to an XUD, id be shorting the stroke even if it meant dropping it to a 1.6 / could always bore it out a bit to help out, but revs are ftw imo...but that said, not everyone is into that kinda thing, and if your after a motorway muncher, than a 2.1 400 ft pound machine would be epic!! and mpg would be offensively epic.

but whats the point in revving a diesel to the red line!?!

if you want a revvy car buy a Gti!

wondered when you'd make it over here Piggy instead of wasting your time over errrr there .lol . . . . .all athe diesel chat is on this side of the tracks now tbqh . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 10:16 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: but whats the point in revving a diesel to the red line!?!

Its his car, he can do what he wants.

I suspect he dosent want a GTi cos theyer not "that" fast and only do 25mpg and besides that is the obvious thing that everybody does cos they are great cars.

Youd understand if youd read his project threads or seen the crowds of people his car draws any time he opens his bonnet.
Thanks given by:
have i missed a post lol

its not about red lining for me its about holding Boost up to 5500 Big Grin

my bad misread lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 10:16 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Interesting...hmmm

So what turbo are you using then?!

Yeah im powerlfex bushjng and coilovering to cope with +torque

(19-11-2012, 01:03 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: As people said it would be intresting to see...but the way i see it, is its just everything I dont want...

Long stroke = torque muncher / hates revs.....I like building revvy lightweight dervs....torque just rapes clutchs, tyres,any everyother part of the drivetrain and bottom end / makes for a boring "hdi'esqe" drive imo.....

If i was doing anything to an XUD, id be shorting the stroke even if it meant dropping it to a 1.6 / could always bore it out a bit to help out, but revs are ftw imo...but that said, not everyone is into that kinda thing, and if your after a motorway muncher, than a 2.1 400 ft pound machine would be epic!! and mpg would be offensively epic.

but whats the point in revving a diesel to the red line!?!

And that is where you're so wrong...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
^^^ Agreed
Thanks given by:
Agreed... I already miss my DT. GTi revs are just boring.
JP
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 01:35 PM)jammapic Wrote: Agreed... I already miss my DT. GTi revs are just boring.

For now Tongue
Thanks given by:
nothing like red lining a revvy 1600 or 2000 n/a.

I miss it terribly.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
GTF Back on topic kids...

Build (ish) is going well.

Waiting on Cambelt and Inlet/exhaust manifold gasket to turn up so i can get the remaining bits done.

9mm bosch and injectors fitted, had to use an old lucas pipe for injector 2 (from the gearbox), Also had to take the angle grinder to the sump so i could use the non-aircon xud9 alternator and PS bracketry, minor.

Drilled hole in the block (rear, flywheel bit) for the engine speed sensor. Also had to file down the bosch pump bracket a smidge.

Few things to adress RE rear coolant/matrix pipes, oh and fitting the xud9 loom. Should be done with my half afternoon 2moro and thursday all day.

Pictures on my facebook, they're from in the workshop which is quite dark at the back. Sure dumdum could nick it off my FB and upload here if he wants.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
right click photo on FB
copy image URL
paste here
add [img] [/img] tags
hit post
job done

[Image: 558836_10151129783726603_1148123667_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Point being? :p
Thanks given by:
tart, hurry up, i want my car back!
Thanks given by:
Ur an old woman.

2moro... last few bits and ready to fit. Thursday, adjust bulkhead and fit. Then dumdum stfu. Big Grin

Besides the point, you only gave me the car midday ish yesterday. Impatient tw@...
Thanks given by:
Hush you mrs super mechanic "yeah i should be able to do that in a day". You have had the car for 32 hours now.

Oh and go on, you know you can adjust the bulkhead and get it in on its mounts tomorrow (dont forget the ARB before the engine goes in)
Thanks given by:
Adjusted my bulkhead with a grinder and a heafty lump hammer Big Grin thats the best bit
Thanks given by:
getting there! so what turbo is being used then?

good info btw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy youve already asked what turbo today already!?!?!?

See previous page for answer lol
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 08:33 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Adjusted my bulkhead with a grinder and a heafty lump hammer Big Grin thats the best bit

Yep thats pretty much whats happening. Ill add upper and lower strut braces to put the strength back when I have the money.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 08:39 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Piggy youve already asked what turbo today already!?!?!?

See previous page for answer lol

sorry missed last page...dum phone

apologies
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mehhhh put strength back in haha makes it more fun without Tongue

Says me having my shit strut brace modified to fit by ma mate haha n this derv i got too low for bottom one lol

Lovin the progress Kris had made too u aint f*cked about this time, u should havev got a derv long time ago Big Grin
Thanks given by:
lol he did have a derv a couple actually
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 09:16 PM)Kwik Wrote: lol he did have a derv a couple actually

more than a couple . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Oh i no meant instead of his 6 lol
Thanks given by:
Nah youve gotta own a GTi6, They ARE awesome but incredibly flawed at the same time. Ultimate 306 out the box without a doubt especially at 1995s petrol prices
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 09:18 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: more than a couple . .lol

I was being nice lol

(27-11-2012, 09:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nah youve gotta own a GTi6, They ARE awesome but incredibly flawed at the same time. Ultimate 306 out the box without a doubt especially at 1995s petrol prices

Agree AFTER the fact of owning one, you just need to drive one tbh
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 05:30 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: nothing like red lining a revvy 1600 or 2000 n/a.

I miss it terribly.

Nothing like bringing a PROPERLY tuned diesel on blow at 2k and the torque staying until 6k... Until you've driven a PROPER diesel, you wouldn't understand, you realise how frustrating spinning an engine faster and faster is when you've had a massive torque band...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
^^^ Yeah properly tuned diesels are WIN. Currently looking at a Scammell 6x6 Ex RAF truck with a rolls Royce C6 and wondering if a)its one of the boosted ones, b)how hard it would be to get my HGV licence and c)where I can aquire £4000

6wd and tuning to 600bhp and a 2000lb/ft would be epic even in 20 tons
Thanks given by:
600hp over 20 tons that's like .013hp per kilo... A gti6 is like .13hp/kilo...
Thanks given by:
Yeah but 6WD of drive over anything awesomeness see the land rover boys faces
Thanks given by:
From hearing from Subaru owners how well 4wd cars handle on the basis they're awd, 6wd must handle even better!
Thanks given by: