Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
You say one brembo sounds worse then the other....Is it the left by any chance??
Thanks given by:
Yes it is.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 11:39 PM)thethorne Wrote: You say one brembo sounds worse then the other....Is it the left by any chance??

(10-09-2012, 07:58 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yes it is.

[Image: Zoolander-Magnum.png]
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
i wonder why they do that then??
Thanks given by:
Fed ex have been this morning so I now have to go and buy some jigsaw blades and some silicone, thats all im sayin'

(10-09-2012, 11:35 PM)thethorne Wrote: i wonder why they do that then??

I do too, I did think it was because I have the 406 TX55 bolts on the passenger side and the 306 17mm bolts on the driver side but I guess you used the same bolts all round?
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 09:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Fed ex have been this morning so I now have to go and buy some jigsaw blades and some silicone, thats all im sayin'

new windows? ninja
Thanks given by:
Yeah i got the same bolts all the way round. strange eh?
Thanks given by:
So my carbon fiber ABS sheet turned up yesterday and I made the first door card. I tried the measure twice cut once and still failed at the door handle hole (realised i should of used the handle surround as a template).

Its not a bad material to work with apart from the fact if you cut it with a jigsaw the blade gets hot and so melts the edges of the 2 cut pieces and they melt back together after the blade has passed. Fortunately it is only 2mm so i can put a sheet on the bench and cut it with a knife.

Its held on with self tapping sheet metal screws as a pack of 100 was about £4 from screwfix and they come with a 8mm bolt head and a large metal/rubber washer.

I think it looks really good, just gotta do the other one but I couldnt be bothered today. also gotta do the windows as the polycarb turned up today.

Also trimmed the drivers door seal as the bit that goes over the carpet/trim as its no longer needed. Weighed 150g if anyone cares but with 2 doors and the boot (and the rear windows if the entire seals werent going) would be over half a kilo

Had a little bit of a bash at removing some tar from the floor, hoping itll be alot easier with some heat.

Really Ive been far too lazy today and done nothing. Im gonna really smash on with it over the next few days as Im off work. Ill get it weighed afterwards and see how light it is.
Thanks given by:
dont do it with heat wait till the colder weather it will chip off in bigger flakes
even better if its frosty
Thanks given by:
Please say you aren't keeping the leccy windows?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 06:27 PM)cully Wrote: dont do it with heat wait till the colder weather it will chip off in bigger flakes
even better if its frosty
I might get some freezer spray then (or a bag of ice cubes)

(12-09-2012, 06:40 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Please say you aren't keeping the leccy windows?
Hells Yeah! was my main reason for getting a 6 and not a rallye, I know theres a good couple of kilos difference per side but f*ck winding them up and down for a laugh.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to relocate the switches to the centre console!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 07:02 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Wouldn't it be a good idea to relocate the switches to the centre console!

Reducing roll inertia, very good idea.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
So you still have enough for another 2 door cards? How much? :-P

Did you weigh the door card and its replacement to see how much weight loss there is?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They do look pretty cool if im honest!! Suit it well being stripped put!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Fuckin sweet chris !! where did to get the plexiglass? Should have said I would have got some with ya
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 07:02 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Wouldn't it be a good idea to relocate the switches to the centre console!

Nope, the center console is going as soon as i make myself a lightweight cubby hole for under the dash.
If I put the switches on the dash then I wont be able to reach them in a harness.

(12-09-2012, 08:02 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: So you still have enough for another 2 door cards? How much? :-P

Did you weigh the door card and its replacement to see how much weight loss there is?
Not weighed this one but should be about a kilo, a std one is about 3kg

I only bought enough for my 2 door cards as I decided I CBA with selling bits on.

(12-09-2012, 08:09 PM)gumball3000 Wrote: They do look pretty cool if im honest!! Suit it well being stripped put!!
Cheers mate, Im actually more impressed with the look than I thought I would be.

(12-09-2012, 09:13 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Fuckin sweet chris !! where did to get the plexiglass? Should have said I would have got some with ya
Cheers mate, the polycarbonate was off ebay, theres a company that sells 1000mm x 1000mm x 2or3or4mm sheets, I got the 2mm as its only the rears. Even got them to cut it into 4 peices for me so I only have to shave the corners (hopefully) think it was about £20 plus £8 postage or summat
Thanks given by:
f*ck it I'm gunna have to do it. Looks quite good. Did you cut the original mounts for door cards off?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:01 PM)Matt Wrote: f*ck it I'm gunna have to do it. Looks quite good. Did you cut the original mounts for door cards off?

They're only pop riveted so I drilled the rivets.
Thanks given by:
So the mods/fixings of the last 2 days in no particular order with loads of things Ive forgotten to photograph.

The dog has been out "helping" both days. Thursday he decided his bed in the boot was perfectly comfortable.

Today the weird animal decided this would be more comfortable

Got my G88s on, the brakes still squeal just as bad under anything but heavy braking, hoping theyll shut up once theyer bedded in.

Changed the oil and oil filter (total quartz 9000 5w40 fully synth). Also did the fuel filter which it desperately needed, the fuel that came out the tank side was almost black. this is it mixed with what came out the "clean" side. All the grit in there is out the filter.

Ripped out all the airbag ECUS and all the wiring that wasnt burried inside the dash.

Fitted a fire extinguisher. its bolted to the cross member at the front of the passenger seat.

Fitted my harnesses to the standard seats, this is all that I removed to do it. About 2 and a half kilos there

Also removed a load of the tar from the driver side, stopped when I got bored/f*cked off with it. Wasnt even a kilos worth that I removed.

Oh and finished the passenger door card, this is it looking sex without the handle, speaker or window control.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Good progress mate! :-)
Chopping half the dashboard out in the pipeline?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2012, 09:12 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Good progress mate! :-)
Chopping half the dashboard out in the pipeline?

Nah, I want to keep it looking kinda like a road car.
Thanks given by:
It's looking great mate.

I like the door cards.
Thanks given by:
Polycarbonate windows are in. The polycarbonate is lighter than the window seal and plastic clips of a standard window.

Pics later/tomorrow, they dont look great, gonna try and put some black tape round the edge to make them look a little bit more oem.
Thanks given by:
Pics fool pics!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wanna knock me up some front door cards? And I'll take a trip up too you, fit them and get the windows Smile
Thanks given by:
TBH no. Ive not exactly done an amazing job of mine
Thanks given by:
Haha fair enough, I will have a go at doing them, just can't be f*cked haha
Thanks given by:
So Because I have no door pockets and no glove boxes I needed some storage for them all important essentials. You wouldnt believe how much difference the ear plugs make, made me realise quite how loud my car is.

Heres the fire extinguisher fitted

And the polycarbonate windows. Photo 3 shows just how tough polycarb is compared to perspex, thats an off cut tied into a knot, I bent a bit of it 180 degrees back onto itself and it didnt snap, amazing stuff.

Thanks given by:
Sweet project. Are you doing the front windows too?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,433 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 333,470 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 157,478 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum