Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
So a few pics from Kris fitting my shinys last week.

Hard at work

Old ruined GTi6 disc

shinys fitted

and the brembos behind the wheels

So today Ive been a busy boy. Ive fitted a sun strip and removed the passenger airbag (3kgs!) and glove box. Was attempting to remove the AC gubbins from the inside but it looks like its a dash out job so I CBA.

Also gave the car a wash, wanted to clay the whole thing but the builders next door are lady gardens and wouldnt fit the water system to their petrol cutting saw that they were using to create massive clouds of brick dust that were landing on my car. Did manage to clay the roof and give it the megs 3 step and 2 coats of gold class.

The pics in the sun were done in auto mode so the white is too bright, quite impressive mind.
Thanks given by:
this is crying out for black masks but otherwise looks good!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
still after a top glove box?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Looking good Chris, looks better with the air bag cover on still, C/F cover to go with door cards? they do them on ebay but mega money

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Looks absolutely beautiful now!
Thanks given by:
which camera are you using Chris?? is this your newer DSLR? somethings up with the quality if it is; they should be crisp! But nonetheless, the car is looking SEXUAL! keep it up! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 05:14 PM)Niall Wrote: this is crying out for black masks but otherwise looks good!

Cheers mate, Its definitely not getting masks though, got some far more ninja front end plans.

(05-09-2012, 05:16 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: still after a top glove box?
Yes please mate, PM me your pay pal details and ill send you the money tomorrow

(05-09-2012, 05:16 PM)puglove Wrote: Looking good Chris, looks better with the air bag cover on still, C/F cover to go with door cards? they do them on ebay but mega money
Cheers mate, I just un-riveted it from the the airbag and trimmed it down a little so it was a snug fit. I kinda dont fancy a carbon one to match the door cards im gonna make because it dosent sit flush with the dash and a decent sized glove box would be useful. I might make one to cover the bottom glove box as I should be able to make a mould and form the abs plastic in the oven.

(05-09-2012, 05:19 PM)vlj Wrote: Looks absolutely beautiful now!
Cheers mate, cant believe that the springs have settled a little, its now about -70mm at the front, its lower than the cabby all the way down on coilovers.

(05-09-2012, 05:21 PM)ginge191 Wrote: which camera are you using Chris?? is this your newer DSLR? somethings up with the quality if it is; they should be crisp! But nonetheless, the car is looking SEXUAL! keep it up! Big Grin

You make a good point there mate. All the ones from today are taken on my B/DSLR. They are crisp on the computer but the forum seems to of altered the ratio a little in the upload. The ones in the sunlight are a little upset by how bright the white is.

They definitely look better on facebook too.
Thanks given by:
OK, YHPM Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Looks much better lowered!! Shiney brembos look good too!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 06:27 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: OK, YHPM Big Grin
Cheers mate, will sort it tomorrow.

(05-09-2012, 06:31 PM)gumball3000 Wrote: Looks much better lowered!! Shiney brembos look good too!!
Cheers mate!

Glad Im getting so much positive feedback now the car is pretty much as the idea was in my head 2 months ago especially with all the people who were a little skeptical
Thanks given by:
and do you now have perfect corner weights?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How squealy are the brembos now Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
This looks really good mate. I wasn't sold on the colour at first but it does look smart! I think the GTi badges could do with the '6' being added though on each side, and it'd definitely benefit from p3 side strips.
Thanks given by:
You could posibly make a top glove box? Non air bag style. I think for the tiny addition of weight i think it would look so much neater with some C/F covers over the holes. I dont like the stripped look myself (
I know its not about the look but the go instead) but its nice to see when people make an effort to make it look good too. Hence why i like what you did with the airbag.

Also in the C/F kits they do. Heater vent blanks, center consol blank and a speedo/dial blank Smile

Buy the sent of C/F parts make templates and send them back. And make yourself some cash doing them cheaper Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 06:51 PM)Niall Wrote: and do you now have perfect corner weights?
Ive not had it weighed cos Ive not finished stripping so I wouldnt know but I strongly doubt its any better. Got a few more things to sort out/move/add/remove before it gets weighed again before I go silly with the bodywork (ie fiberglass bits)

(05-09-2012, 07:06 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: How squealy are the brembos now Tongue
After the wash they were pretty bad for about the first 10 stops but actually now theyve bedded in theyer better. I think one side is worse than the other for some reason and I have no idea why, hopefully G88s on next week though.

(05-09-2012, 07:27 PM)Scott Wrote: This looks really good mate. I wasn't sold on the colour at first but it does look smart! I think the GTi badges could do with the '6' being added though on each side, and it'd definitely benefit from p3 side strips.
Cheers mate, Im going to remove the GTi badges off the side as they ruin the clean look of the car, I was going to do it today but I couldnt find my toffee wheel. Im not a particular chrome fan so I might find myself some ph2 badges. Really want ph3 side strips and skirts. Do you think Fooby has forgotten he has a set in your garage yet?

(05-09-2012, 08:19 PM)puglove Wrote: You could posibly make a top glove box? Non air bag style. I think for the tiny addition of weight i think it would look so much neater with some C/F covers over the holes. I dont like the stripped look myself (
I know its not about the look but the go instead) but its nice to see when people make an effort to make it look good too. Hence why i like what you did with the airbag.

Also in the C/F kits they do. Heater vent blanks, center consol blank and a speedo/dial blank Smile

Buy the sent of C/F parts make templates and send them back. And make yourself some cash doing them cheaper Tongue

Its far easier to buy the glove box TBH and I agree that even a stripped car has to have some looks, this is the reason Ive been putting so much effort into working out the weights of making door card out of various materials.

Im not blocking off my heater vents, theyer far too useful as is all the bits on the dash (although I wish Id never sold my digital dash)
Thanks given by:
do you have green seats or is it just the light on the photo in kris workshop
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 08:37 PM)Niall Wrote: do you have green seats or is it just the light on the photo in kris workshop

I do indeed mate, theyer ph1 DTurboS seats cos theyer more comfy than GTi6 ones and I had to sell my 6 interior for G88s

(05-09-2012, 07:27 PM)Scott Wrote: This looks really good mate. I wasn't sold on the colour at first but it does look smart! I think the GTi badges could do with the '6' being added though on each side, and it'd definitely benefit from p3 side strips.

A full set of ph3 side strips is £136.08 even with my discount and then theres clips and paint on top of that
Thanks given by:
they come with clips and are you sure? i paid £15 from peugeot for a ph3 3dr door rub strip and i would of thought that would be the most expensive been the biggest!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yep, I just went on and checked when I posted, thats how i have the price down ot the penny.

it was £128.?? x 0.88 = discounted price then x 1.2 for the with VAT price.
Thanks given by:
Chris, I notice that you have a brushed effect dashboard. You do realised that the brushed effect paint is heavier than normal paint and as such it should be removed and posted to me personally.

I do believe I have just saved you at least 5 grams.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Can you not get a set of phase three strips from the scrap yard? Save you a bit of money.
Thanks given by:
I'm still urgently wanting a phase 3 rubstrip for a passenger door, having trouble finding someone who will split a complete set Sad looks like it will be my only option at this rate!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Im sure i only paid about £90 for a full set of ph3 rub strips when i bought them last
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like the look of this with the wheels the colour they are in contrast to the white.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Inlove I love 5th gear rev limiter Inlove
Thanks given by:
125... Naughty naughty Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 07:05 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: 125... Naughty naughty Tongue

130 I think you'll find....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 07:30 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 07:05 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: 125... Naughty naughty Tongue

130 I think you'll find....

Or just over 130 I think bouncing on the limiter Makes me grin like a peado in a playground.

Oh and Ive just spent some moolah on shinys made of carbon fiber, polycarbonate and fiberglass for the car. Cant wait for my 4 day weekend next weekend to get it all fitted.
Thanks given by:
only 5th gear? I heard 6th limiter is good but the oil starts to get very hot (about 130 degrees) before you can reach it. A friend bottled out at 6k in 6th due to oil temps.......so ive heard

oh and polycarb windows? in Hayes? hope you dont like your stereo and hope your alarm doesnt work because it will go off ever 30 seconds
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 07:51 PM)Niall Wrote: only 5th gear? I heard 6th limiter is good but the oil starts to get very hot (about 130 degrees) before you can reach it. A friend bottled out at 6k in 6th due to oil temps.......so ive heard

oh and polycarb windows? in Hayes? hope you dont like your stereo and hope your alarm doesnt work because it will go off ever 30 seconds

Id love to find the 6th gear limiter but cant get within 1k of it (lack of power) and it wasnt getting that hot.

Polycarbonate wont be an issue, we dont have trouble in my street cos theres too many thugs and we look out for each other. That and my stereo and alarm are both broken anyway, the alarm moreso than the stereo
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,855 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 337,245 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 159,352 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum