Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
(16-08-2012, 12:02 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Yes but they compete to win championships and are only road legal to comply with the regulations. Yours is a road car for...driving in.

What will your mates say when they ask for a lift and you haven't got any bloody seats?!

Your yet again failing to see the point i was making. They ARE road legal race cars and fast as f*ck to boot.

My mates are all have 2 things in common.

A working left leg

And

A working right leg

This means theyer perfectly capable of walking, getting a bus or driving their own car.

I cant remember the last time I had people in the back seats of my car, in fact the last time I had people on the back seats was 2 months ago and I had borrowed someone elses car anyway.

(16-08-2012, 03:29 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: I can appreciate fully stripping, caging and prepping your interior if the car is a dedicated track toy (a'la Jonny S16, Ben306 Rallye)

What I can't understand is doing this to your daily driver. I just don't get it.

Just saying. Stripping a perfectly good GTi6 seems like you're removing a little bit of its' charm. The whole appeal of a hot-hatch is that it is both quick and practical. Now yours is still practical, but only in the same way as a Ford Transit Connect / Astravan. Only not economical. IMO, if you wanted a car with two seats, to be fast, to strip down to the bare essentials and use everyday, you should've got a Toyota MR2 or similar...Boosted MX5 maybe...

JonnyBs car is his daily driver, he takes it to work and back every day without issue and mine will be the same.

I do intend on using mine on track as much as I can. I managed to do track time at EVERY show I went to this summer.

Stripping adds to its charm, until youve owned a stripped one youll never know and everyone with a stripped 306 will agree. I love the way the car buzzes and tingles from the moment you turn the key, I love how when the exhaust pops it feels like its denting the boot floor, I love the noise of gravel spraying the underside of the car on a forrest track, I love the smell of petrol and hot oil and how quickly it fills with tyre smoke.

Got grpN engine mounts and PU exhaust mounts going on when I get a chance which will add to all this.

Also you say its not practice but I can throw anything i want straight in the boot without worrying about scratching anything or fluids damaging my boot carpet.

(16-08-2012, 08:12 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Because a stripped car drives total win compared to a stock car....And I only drive my car on the road as live miles from any tracks, why wouldnt I run it stripped?!

I couldnt care less about creature comforts, I purely own a peugeot to drive hard / abuse...not to cruise to the shops in "comfort" altho I do....

Ed, dont you have a daily car, and your 6? In which case, why make the 6 comftable / lovely, surely thats the entire point of having a daily..so you can go all out on the "rag" car?

^^^ Exactly!

You will never get it unless youve owned one.
I find buckets really comfortable as having a straight solid back rest is really good for my bad back.

Also Ed why do you have a "comfortable" daily and then a more comfortable "weekend toy"? seems a bit arse about face.

(16-08-2012, 08:32 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(16-08-2012, 10:59 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Becuase RaceCar

/thread

Not quite; Because DumDum.

Cheers Mate. Know you understand the why.

(17-08-2012, 06:01 AM)Poodle Wrote: Although i'm eating more than ever now i'm not smoking, don't think ill be allowed back in Chris' car. Sad
Nah as long as your lighter than me youll be fine LOL. Your still welcome to be co driver for me on the track.

(17-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Jonny b Wrote: I am building my car for a purpose same as I know chris is, to go as fast as possible in a set situation, be that on the way to work or on track,

Yep thats exactly it. Its my car and Im building my own monster.

(17-08-2012, 10:19 AM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

No, just no. If i was going to spend that much money on something for driving pleasure, it would be entirely custom-made, because that's what i like. That's what i mean, it's pretty clear modifying just isn't your thing. I mean, LOL at your description of the teggy, i suppose as a standard car it is relatively spartan, but still way more than i require for sure. Plus it's not made to my exact specification, therefore not adequate.

Get what i mean yet?

Actually you say that and remind me the other reason for stripping and that is so that when I get buckets I can mount them low down and far back in a good driving position for me and this would mean no rear leg room anyway so no point having rear seats.
Thanks given by:
I think its his car and he can do with it as he wants, some people dont like mine and say i has spent to much money on it, but i dont care as it is my car i have it how i like it and a lot more people like it it.
Yeah i know what you mean about everything when its stripped just love the sound and the noise of everything.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2012, 10:21 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Also Ed why do you have a "comfortable" daily and then a more comfortable "weekend toy"? seems a bit arse about face.

I don't need to strip my weekend car cause I can pedal...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
It's true though, a stock car will NEVER feel as alive and responsive to every input as a stripped one...

I just used to love the way my DT with the SLIGHTEST throttle input would pick up - you put a passenger or an interior in, you don't feel it - it's all numbed, it's just not as alive as a stripped out one... For all I care stripping it could make it SLOWER, kill the planet, cost me more etc... I'd still do it if it made it feel like it does.

Anyone who disagrees hasn't driven a stripped car that drives well...

Surely my car is the ultimate in arse about faceness - it's a stripped diesel 306 which is good for cruising with it's VNT, doesn't really like revving, does 55mpg - yet it's got bucket seats, tough engine mounts, an offensive exhaust and red wheels and breaks down a lot... Yet it somehow just works for me and I love it the way it is... the best part is I have a GTi6 for a "comfortable reliable daily"... Yes I do like things a bit backwards... Same as my sexuality I suppose?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2012, 11:20 AM)chrisrallye Wrote: I think its his car and he can do with it as he wants, some people dont like mine and say i has spent to much money on it, but i dont care as it is my car i have it how i like it and a lot more people like it it.
Yeah i know what you mean about everything when its stripped just love the sound and the noise of everything.
I Love your car though, Its amazing but needs either more power down low or something so you can hit the magic 10,000rpm

(17-08-2012, 11:32 AM)Ruan Wrote: It's true though, a stock car will NEVER feel as alive and responsive to every input as a stripped one...

I just used to love the way my DT with the SLIGHTEST throttle input would pick up - you put a passenger or an interior in, you don't feel it - it's all numbed, it's just not as alive as a stripped out one... For all I care stripping it could make it SLOWER, kill the planet, cost me more etc... I'd still do it if it made it feel like it does.

Anyone who disagrees hasn't driven a stripped car that drives well...

Surely my car is the ultimate in arse about faceness - it's a stripped diesel 306 which is good for cruising with it's VNT, doesn't really like revving, does 55mpg - yet it's got bucket seats, tough engine mounts, an offensive exhaust and red wheels and breaks down a lot... Yet it somehow just works for me and I love it the way it is... the best part is I have a GTi6 for a "comfortable reliable daily"... Yes I do like things a bit backwards... Same as my sexuality I suppose?

Agreed.

Oh and for all the haters it appears stripping the car has improved my MPG by at least 10%, maybe 15-20% will know for sure after a couple of full tanks.
Thanks given by:
well the lower final drive, its got a lot more drive down low now would have to take you out one day, but yeah i would like to hit 10k revs.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Did you find that it really wants to attack the corners after stripping it out?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I love this car.. was act looking for a white gti befor i bought my cossack 6
Keep the updates and pictures coming
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2012, 07:28 PM)thethorne Wrote: I love this car.. was act looking for a white gti befor i bought my cossack 6
Keep the updates and pictures coming

Gonna try and wash and wax it when it cools down later so hopefully pictures then.
Thanks given by:
So washed it and waxed it today. Also attacked some of the worst oily hand prints with the megs 1,2 step prior to waxing and painted in some of the many thousands of stone chips on the front end.

Thanks given by:
Got any plans to paint the lower half of the side-skirts? I'm guessing it's a phase 2 skirt that has that black section, but it would make the whole car look better if you could just give it a quick blow-over in body colour.

tis looking good though fella.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Needs the '6' badge on the side next to 'gti' Smile And it DESPARATELY needs lows, but looking really nice Big Grin

Not trying to stir; I genuinely don't know; can you polish and wax a non-lacquered surface?
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate really likiing this car.
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2012, 08:23 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Not trying to stir; I genuinely don't know; can you polish and wax a non-lacquered surface?

Of course you can Ed, you can polish, glaze and wax any painted metal surface! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2012, 03:27 PM)Alee83 Wrote:
(20-08-2012, 08:23 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Not trying to stir; I genuinely don't know; can you polish and wax a non-lacquered surface?

Of course you can Ed, you can polish, glaze and wax any painted metal surface! Wink

Fair enough, didn't know that Smile
Thanks given by:
really does need smashing square in the face with a lowering stick ever so slightly lol Big Grin looks bloody awesome though!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2012, 08:04 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Got any plans to paint the lower half of the side-skirts? I'm guessing it's a phase 2 skirt that has that black section, but it would make the whole car look better if you could just give it a quick blow-over in body colour.

tis looking good though fella.
Cheers Mate, I will so eventually, the bit of the back bumper and the side skirts desperately need re painting so ill try and get it all done at the same time.

(20-08-2012, 08:23 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Needs the '6' badge on the side next to 'gti' Smile And it DESPARATELY needs lows, but looking really nice Big Grin
I think the badges are coming off the doors and ill just stay with the GTi6 badge on the back

(20-08-2012, 10:56 AM)thethorne Wrote: Looking good mate really likiing this car.
Cheers mate, will be even better with a rebuilt engine.

(20-08-2012, 08:23 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: really does need smashing square in the face with a lowering stick ever so slightly lol Big Grin looks bloody awesome though!
Cheers mate, ordered the lowering kit yesterday and kris is doing the work on the 28th
Thanks given by:
So I have a very large pile of parts sitting in the garage now.

GMax 60mm lowering kit
New top mounts and bolts
new shock dust covers
Waxoyl (so i can remove the rear liners)
2l of pug gear oil
new ECU coolant sensor
Mintex rear pads and discs
Brembo calipers
Mintex brembo pads
Xantia V6 pagid discs (while i wait for G88s)
Swampys braided lines
2l of 5.1 brake fluid

Just gotta pick up a group n mount off Jonny and get a full load of Meyle HD parts at Kris's
Thanks given by:
Why on earth are you removing the rear liners? Please dont tell me for weight saving?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Because race car.....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 04:06 PM)Niall Wrote: Why on earth are you removing the rear liners? Please dont tell me for weight saving?

Cos theyll catch when its lowered, ET13 and 205 width tyres and a straight beam will ra*e them.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha awaits a river in my car thread!! Don't remove liners bud, trust me it's not good lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My front end is covers in rust, because some tit took the arch liners out
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 04:19 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha awaits a river in my car thread!! Don't remove liners bud, trust me it's not good lol

Lol im only gonna do the liners, not all the inner covers/exit vents, I'm not that stupid.

(24-08-2012, 04:24 PM)Matt Wrote: My front end is covers in rust, because some tit took the arch liners out
This is why Waxoyl
Thanks given by:
They were waxoyl'd lol
Thanks given by:
But rust is lighter than carbon fibre...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah but big holes from excessive rust are lighter than actual rust.
Thanks given by:
Looking good!! Like it alot mate!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
I too have rust near my ABS unit because the passenger arch liner is missing. Just in the process of finding one, sooner the better!

I suppose as long as its properly treated it might be ok.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Fuel Economy is definitely up with the stripping.

Gone from an average of 23.5mpg before to 27.1mpg on the last tank.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,625 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 335,929 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 158,846 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum