lots of smoke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lots of smoke
hi guys after fitting my 11mm bosch pump and sorting my problems eventually lol mi car is smoking a lot wen i foot it how do i get rid of this smoke as my fuel is turned right down and im running 20 psi im thinking maybe a bigger turbo is this the case ? if so wat turbos could i fit with out to much modding Smile
Thanks given by:
At what revs are you flooring it? 11mm's are pretty smokey off boost
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
tbh honest if i pik the revs up gradually its not soo bad but as soon as it hits boost big black clouds behind me will never pass the smoke test for mot and it due Sad
Thanks given by:
What turbo you running? 20psi is a bit low for an 11mm tbh.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
still running standard kkk atm
Thanks given by:
Which one? There is two.. Is it the one with the locknut and small screw to adjust the boost?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
ohh yest thts the 1 sorry lol
Thanks given by:
In that case, more boost! Or bigger turbo..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
will tht kkk run more boost wats the max on it
Thanks given by:
It will probably run up to 30psi, but it's always a better idea to just get a bigger turbo, be much more efficient, will flow a lot more so will make more power at less boost.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
The easiest way you will get it through an MOT is just by turning the max throttle screw in so it gives half or less throttle. Plus a bigger turbo won't cure off boost smoke which is what MOT testers see when the floor it stationary.
Just whack on a bigger turbo or wind up the boost.
I'm still on a 9mm pump with a larger turbo and it seems to fuel it perfectly well though so 11mm on a standard turbo will likely to be smokey if not fine tuned.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Not being funny but 11mm pumps are notoriously smoky and really not needed when running a standard turbo.
Thanks given by:
sorted thn will up the boost 2moz cheers m8y

wat bigger turbo could i put on it
Thanks given by:
throw some veg oil in for emissions Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry...........why did you fit an 11mm pump again?

Were you struggling to supply the engine with enough fuel?

Or was it more a case of "other people are using 11mm pumps, I will too......" because the 11mm pump set up's are well known to be very smokey, it sounds like the LDA is set up totally wrong as its supplying way too much fuel once the turbo comes on boost. try turning the LDA pin to its minimum delivery setting (shallowest side towards the follower pin) and see how that is as it will supply less fuel on and off boost which may somewhat cure your problem a bit.

You could also try turning down the max fuel some more and winding the idle back up again to minimise the smoke off boost but all in all I think that in this case the 11mm pump was a total waste of time and way over the top for your current setup!

I like max am still using the 9mm pump which is fueling a TD04 at over 30PSI.....................
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 07:42 PM)ash gibbo Wrote: wat bigger turbo could i put on it

garet m8.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 12:25 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(19-07-2012, 07:42 PM)ash gibbo Wrote: wat bigger turbo could i put on it

garet m8.

t3 ayebrid m8 init.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 08:12 AM)mark_airey Wrote: Sorry...........why did you fit an 11mm pump again?

Or was it more a case of "other people are using 11mm pumps, I will too......" because the 11mm pump set up's are well known to be very smokey, it sounds like the LDA is set up totally wrong as its supplying way too much fuel once the turbo comes on boost. try turning the LDA pin to its minimum delivery setting (shallowest side towards the follower pin) and see how that is as it will supply less fuel on and off boost which may somewhat cure your problem a bit.

You could also try turning down the max fuel some more and winding the idle back up again to minimise the smoke off boost but all in all I think that in this case the 11mm pump was a total waste of time and way over the top for your current setup!

I like max am still using the 9mm pump which is fueling a TD04 at over 30PSI.....................

Well the pump is just one of many more mods to come. The car is currently off road in my unit. Plenty more mods to come yet. Thanks for the advice, and the lda pin has not been touched, it's still set at standard.
Thanks given by:
Can't stand it when people use 'cum' out of context. Makes me feel like I'm reading a dirty text message. Which from a bloke on a car forum is just all kinds of wrong.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 08:12 AM)mark_airey Wrote: Sorry...........why did you fit an 11mm pump again?

On the money
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 03:38 PM)ash gibbo Wrote: Well the pump is just one of many more mods to come. The car is currently off road in my unit. Plenty more mods to come yet. Thanks for the advice, and the lda pin has not been touched, it's still set at standard.

Well done, have a cookie...................now go back and actually ready my post instead of just skim reading it, failing that, if you don't want help then don't ask for it Smile

(20-07-2012, 11:55 PM)Dave Wrote: On the money

Still doesn't make any difference if the OP doesn't actually read it though does it lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I really wouldn't recommend doing more than one modification at once, purely because if something goes to cock, you wont know what's caused it.... personal experience right here....
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 11:55 PM)Dave Wrote: On the money

Still doesn't make any difference if the OP doesn't actually read it though does it lmao
[/quote]

^^^^^^Agreed LOL Tongue

(23-07-2012, 12:10 PM)Dave Wrote: I really wouldn't recommend doing more than one modification at once, purely because if something goes to cock, you wont know what's caused it.... personal experience right here....

I agree also Dave,
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 03:38 PM)ash gibbo Wrote:

Well the pump is just one of many more mods to come. The car is currently off road in my unit. Plenty more mods to come yet. Thanks for the advice, and the lda pin has not been touched, it's still set at standard.

sorry my bad didnt read the post properly i will have a look at the lda pin tomorrow thanx for your help
Thanks given by:
I'm going to put it out there on this being an 11mm pump bought off another member who's broken their car and decided to sell the pump... Or has changed hands a few times no one having fitted it...

It's probably set up for a car completely different...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 02:11 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'm going to put it out there on this being an 11mm pump bought off another member who's broken their car and decided to sell the pump... Or has changed hands a few times no one having fitted it...

i have built this pump myself using 1 of the guides off here
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 03:18 PM)ash gibbo Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 02:11 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'm going to put it out there on this being an 11mm pump bought off another member who's broken their car and decided to sell the pump... Or has changed hands a few times no one having fitted it...

i have built this pump myself using 1 of the guides off here

Touche
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,959 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax