THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on?
(02-01-2014, 11:05 AM)karl1989 Wrote: Springs are sat in my boot Smile

How low mate? Only wanting 40mm maximum really...

(02-01-2014, 12:59 PM)Grant Wrote: If you do change the screen, lemme know how you get on Wink need to do mine haha

Will do Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
60 I think. Had them on ph2
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Nah too low, ta though.
Thanks given by:
Mtfu Liam Wink hahah
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Ano ^^^ get em on
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Nah f*ck that too many speed bumps in Leeds...
Thanks given by:
As above, MTFU. I'm -80 and don't have much of an issue with speed humps.
Thanks given by:
60 will be fine imo Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Agreed a deal with some Xsara VTS springs and shocks for £60 delivered. 20mm lower spring seat and 15mm lower springs.
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you're sticking with it mate, i also have been overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone on here, what with all the help and parts that Grant has offered me, Tom for sending me a clutch at the cost of postage, and a few other people, really makes you feel the community spirit is still alive. Smile

If you were closer and my car wasnt so broken, i'd offer my services as well...not that im an overly competent mechanic, but i can make a mean cuppa, and i like to think i'm fairly decent company! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the offers guys. I've sorted a deal with Danny to do it, just need to accumulate the parts. Found shocks and springs, Danny has a beam, getting there Big Grin
Thanks given by:
OK, got the shocks and springs, but slight issue. Water light came on, so topped it up and went for a hoon, water light came back on. Checked everywhere for leaks, found nothing. Thought it might be a one-off thing because I was caning the shite out of it playing cat and mouse with a GTV up the Buttertubs pass, but it did the same again on a steady M62 run to Hull today, the expansion tank is full of bubbles and stinks of exhaust....

f*ck.
Thanks given by:
hmm....thats not a good sign. Dodgy

Stick at it though for now mate, you can't scrap yours if i don't scrap mine first! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm really losing the love for it to be honest mate, I keep doing the maths of how much time and money it'll cost to get it right and it's a bit stupid for a very tatty 16 year old motor, everything seems to be dying at once...

- head gasket
- engine mounts
- noisy 2nd gear
- rear shocks
- beam
- beam mounts
- drop links
- P bushes
- Ball joints
- wheel bearing
- steering column mount bush
- passenger door electrics
- heated rear window
- chipped screen

And even when I've done all that, it's still rough. Interior is tired, paint is lacquer-peeled and scratched, few dents...

Think I'm better off cutting my losses and breaking it Sad
Thanks given by:
That is a fair old list tbf....but only you can make the decision at the end of the day.

As i said in my project thread, with the way mines going at the moment, im going the other way...beginning to fall for it all over again. Can't believe it went throught the MOT without too much of an issue, and most of the other issues are being sorted next weekend.

Any idea what you'd do if you do scrap it? Another 306, or something different this time? I see you put on Facebook almost daily that you've seen this car, or that car...got your eye on anything in particular at the moment? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Not really, I have a few things I fancy. Definitely older, because I'm getting silly cheap quotes on classic insurance, as in 2 cars on classic cover for the price of the DT, but money is tight as I'm putting a lot into the house at the moment, and I can't be spending money on cars constantly. If I had 2 cars again I'd be able to get back to doing everything myself, if I'm working on my only mode of transport I don't enjoy it, I panic that it won't be ready to use for work and rush jobs and f*ck them up. I'm thinking maybe a 405 DT estate as a clsssic daily, and then something JDM, I still really fancy an MR2...
Thanks given by:
you seen the car thread, that I posted for you and dum dum? that's right up your street! drop the XUD engine in and your a way!
Thanks given by:
I know how you feel as mine was the same. If you decide to keep I have a axle and spare head if you do the hg. Think I'm getting rid of the car today though
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Well still inconclusive on the HG, still losing a bit of water but not overheating and I can't find any leaks. A mate of mine who's a dealer has just taken a Saxo VTR as part exchange on a 208 GTi, 44k, full Citroen history, 1 lady owner (lass in her 40's), completely standard and apparently mint condition, he says I can have it for the £750 he gave for it which sounds good. Plus I can't help but think it'd be nice to have a mint, unmodified Saxo, people forget that when chavs haven't ruined them they're great cars.
Thanks given by:
Got the spaxo yet Liam?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
No mate, checked it over and the HG was going, seemed to have suffered from under use and too many short journeys, plus the body had a lot of marks. Still chugging about in the DT for now.
Thanks given by:
Ah lol

I'm pondering getting rid of mine, lots of jobs costing money Bosch conv and t/belt, p bushs, brakes and other work.. Sad

Thanks given by:
Same here. Just gets to the point where you think is it worth the time and money...
Thanks given by:
Bingo...

Thinking about a 307

Thanks given by:
Id say break though its a matter of "how much you live for the 306" I personally missed the banter/advice and support of this place.

would you be replacing it with another pug?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Maybe. I really fancy a 405, just something a bit bigger and comfier. Whatever daily I get it'll be a veg-burner because I'm gonna have access to a lot of free WVO soon, even another 306 might be better. Problem is, I don't mind maintaining old cars but sometimes everything needs doing at once and it's time to cut your losses, I think I'm just gonna limp it through to June when the test runs out, pull off the Bosch setup, wheels, straight through, Nissens rad and stereo and weigh in the rest, much as I've loved it. I've never kept a car longer than 6 months before and I've had this 16 months, says it all.
Thanks given by:
I'll be making a breaking thread for this shortly. HG is definitely going and getting worse, alternator is fecked, a CV joint has started rumbling and it won't go into 5th...
Thanks given by:
Fix it
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 09:43 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'll be making a breaking thread for this shortly. HG is definitely going and getting worse, alternator is fecked, a CV joint has started rumbling and it won't go into 5th...

As Karl said...

Thanks given by:
Nah there's too much going wrong with it at once, it needs a full rebuild! Hopefully picking up a 190E next weekend Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 41,114 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Project Crap - Fix or Break?? Toms306 37 8,874 20-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Phase 2 Diablo Red Dturbo Richieboi13 0 1,066 10-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Richieboi13