Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!
Well done. I've also just fitted a larger turbo on mine. It's leaking from the turbo outlet to exhaust on min, so might just need adjusting.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Well done. I've also just fitted a larger turbo on mine. It's leaking from the turbo outlet to exhaust on min, so might just need adjusting.

Cheers im gutted to be honest as theres plenty of potential just as it hits its prime the boost goes up and down and all you can here is the turbo going up and down with it it just pulses the power be glad when its done!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Might be from having to take the turbo back off to do the exhaust elbow + reusing gasket
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Fixed it yet? Or are you leaving until you can take a week off to undo a few nuts? Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Wow lot of progress since ive been gone mate its looking good, I said it wouldnt be long since you would be bolting a bigger blower to it Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:Fixed it yet? Or are you leaving until you can take a week off to undo a few nuts? Big Grin

Screw you ripp your the one that encouraged it all then left it half way through with your crummy 1.4 spitting dummy out again! This weekend hopefully itl be sorted!

Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:Wow lot of progress since ive been gone mate its looking good, I said it wouldnt be long since you would be bolting a bigger blower to it Wink

Haha yes it was never the pal. To bolt a bigger turbo on all I wanted was a nice punchy oem looking setup. But what can't be seen can't be seen!

Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:Screw you ripp your the one that encouraged it all then left it half way through with your crummy 1.4 spitting dummy out again! This weekend hopefully itl be sorted!

lmao
Thanks given by:
Well this ain't going to help!

[Image: 498c466f.jpg]

Thanks given by:
What, your dump valve wasn't working so I thought you might like an exhaust whistle instead....
Thanks given by:
finally got the bugger holding boost turned out to be the actuator after all must have been really screwed to get the readings i was. off the car prior to fitting it was fairly stiff and resistant but on the car its quite movable!

Any ways spec
T25 turbo - De waste gated 25-28psi depending on gear
9mm bosch pump
Ground LDA
Lda spring adjusted
Top mount cooler
single box exhaust system

0-60 (65 on the dial incase)
[Image: th_SAM_1409.jpg]

30-60 3rd gear full throttle
[Image: th_SAM_1411.jpg]

30-60 2nd-3rd gear
[Image: th_SAM_1414.jpg]

May not be quick as some others that are in hear but can pack a punch when cruising certainly likes to pick up well. little more tweaking then itl be on the dyno to see what it pulls. then fmic then possibly 11mm pump

Thanks given by:
Took it on the dyno today for some fine pump tuning and tbh I should have just left did in total 4 runs and never achieved the figure I got first time round didn't help that he was very enthusiastic and eager to do old fashioned tuning but kept getting held back by irritating customers! So on the first run it achieved 161bhp and 208lb/ft torque

[Image: 8129fec6.jpg]

After that played with lda turned it down from the setting I had to almost standard and all I got was black thick smoke lost around 13bhp alone there
[Image: 3b99cac9.jpg]

Then rotated it so top of the star wheel was level with the lda pin channel thingy same result really fuel came in quite late still smokey!

Then adjusted it back to roughly where it was to start on running around 155bhp going to put the fmic on and have another tinkering session as I got a rough idea as per usual with what certain modifications achieve which figures. In essence nearly 30 more bhp with putting the T25 on

In the first graph I assumed the fueling was dropping off but the guy mentioned that it was actually him dropping out thinking 4k was risking it! To which I replied it really likes to go to 5k and so rest off the runs he went for it upto 4.8k I must admit its quite scary hearing it go that high tbh was a few moments where I was expecting a massive bang!

Thanks given by:
Good results! Very similar setup to my 205 with similar results before my clutch slipped. Are you at 30psi?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Between 25 and 28 psi been controlled by fueling still plenty fine tunning to be done! Iv just about found the sweet point on the lda settings but I do think I need a new pin for it too now to get a little more. Need to get back ti that 160 mark though!

Thanks given by:
Well Pulled my finger out and got the fmic all plumed in and im pretty fecking pleased with it! It looks like its ment to be there and there since day one!

[Image: a7accc53.jpg]
[Image: cd6df25f.jpg]
[Image: 2d7bea49.jpg]
[Image: cedcf9d0.jpg]
[Image: d5cdd5cd.jpg][Image: 612cdbe1.jpg]

Popped the first hose off at 10psi only 100m after setting off and as expected was one that hadnt been beaded so got the grinder made some tabs not a problem since! tbh i wasnt expecting to be much difference but i can definetly say there is it just feels more grunty mid range. Best part is according to the cooler reading temps have dropped at least 50% and never rises past 25 degrees even when on full boost! compared to before where temps would exceed 60 very easily. in all honesty im pretty suprised its made such a difference

One thing iv found is now i dont get any smoke when coming on boost and it doesnt even haze when on full i can turn the fuelling up any more as im 1100 rpm as it is now so i think the pumps maxed out now. going to fiddle with the lda see what i can out of it if not il find a member to do the appropriate grind for it. if that doesnt make much difference 10 or 11mm pump next

Thanks given by:
that looks really oem mate well done Smile
Thanks given by:
bloody hell this has came on a long way. fair play

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
There are 'adjustements' you can do to the throttle lever and pump, very simple once you look at it. Sorry if I've missed it but if you put on a ground pin it will increase on boost fuel a fair bit.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Is that a 406 inlet? Also I thought people had issues fitting the 406 turbo > front of engine bay pipe with the boost source/feed in it? Looks like you've managed fine!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 08:30 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: There are 'adjustements' you can do to the throttle lever and pump, very simple once you look at it. Sorry if I've missed it but if you put on a ground pin it will increase on boost fuel a fair bit.

Maxed out the throttle lever by adjusting the two torx screws on the lever and kg the arm so it rest on the pump it self this dropped the idle a lot which allowed me to increase the fueling giv is solid and got a Dan lda grounded pin ATM which I now did another one to suit bigger turbo so I think atm its at full potential. Going to have a further fiddle

(24-06-2012, 08:53 PM)silverzx Wrote: Is that a 406 inlet? Also I thought people had issues fitting the 406 turbo > front of engine bay pipe with the boost source/feed in it? Looks like you've managed fine!?

This is a xantia setup but both the same really mr lobb said I may have issues with the turbo to front boost pipe rubbing on the master cylinder but close but nothing! I was wanting to use the inlet pipe but doubt that's going to clear. All in all it fits fine

Thanks given by:
Nice work on this, looking really good!
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2012, 04:24 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Any ways spec
9mm bosch pump
Ground LDA
Lda spring adjusted
Top mount cooler

I take it your running a gov mod too.?

161bhp is a quality result though mate.
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 02:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(16-06-2012, 04:24 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Any ways spec
9mm bosch pump
Ground LDA
Lda spring adjusted
Top mount cooler

I take it your running a gov mod too.?

161bhp is a quality result though mate.

Yes gov is shimmed solid the 161 was done on a top mount to which the result will be different now but how much by will have to Wait and see

Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, intercooler set up is nice and stealthy. Dont know why people say they have problems with the 406 manifold i had one on mine and it was fine.

Got the tuning bug now mate Smile.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
When is it back on the dyno then yer diesel loving tart?
Thanks given by:
406 mani was good on mine, I reckon youll beat 170bhp if not get close to 180bhp now your on the FMIC if you can feel the difference.
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 06:44 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Looking good mate, intercooler set up is nice and stealthy. Dont know why people say they have problems with the 406 manifold i had one on mine and it was fine.

Got the tuning bug now mate Smile.

Definetly! although this is a xantia setup i think its pot luck tbh which sizes you end up with!

(26-06-2012, 06:45 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: When is it back on the dyno then yer diesel loving tart?

When your ready to bang your shite heap on in which case never so be a couple of weeks id imagine!

(26-06-2012, 07:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 406 mani was good on mine, I reckon youll beat 170bhp if not get close to 180bhp now your on the FMIC if you can feel the difference.

tbh i was impressed it pulled 160 on the 9mm when others got that figure on an 11mm. I tried to tweak the pump on the dyno at the time see if i could get any more out of it and out of the 4 runs i never got the 160 mark again so either id made a right cock up fiddling or some other factor happened.

i did notice though after i said for him to take it upto 5k as he was only doing 4k it started to smoke slightly white on idle and does so every so often. feck knows whats what but be pleased at the 160 mark again!

Thanks given by:
I ain't putting mine on, I don't wanna upset you.

Heatsoak probably dropped power after first run.
Thanks given by:
left 5 minutes between runs even longer on some when people kept interupting! each run ii changed something. i dunno will see what it pulls next time

Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 09:36 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: left 5 minutes between runs even longer on some when people kept interupting! each run ii changed something. i dunno will see what it pulls next time

That was probably making it an inter-warmer with it being sat with no air flow and a hot engine all the heat just rises into the 'intercooler'. So it was probably due to heat soak.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Danny's 7th D turbo, *BEEN BROKEN* Danny2009 240 78,520 15-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Phase one Diablo Red MOODY D Turbo ;) - UPDATED 10/9/12 gumball3000 38 14,455 17-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Curt
  Diablo D Turbo vlj 127 45,010 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vlj