Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
The fact is when we built the pump sunday in a ideal world new seals should have gone in but no place was open and chris needed a car for work. so we new it was going to be luck of the draw just hoped it would have lasted a little longer but hey ho i have a seal kit on order at my local place an will nip up and re seal the thing. Big Grin sell it chris and buy my estate lol
Thanks given by:
Tbh £250. If your lucky.

Get it running and grow some balls
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 04:51 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I think you'll struggle, as a comparison people wouldn't pay £500 for a 1996 306 DT with a knackered fuel pump. A ZX is unfortunately a less desirable albeit more rare version of a 306..

Either way you'll have the 106 for a month & then say you miss boost lol.

I probably will miss boost you right Wink depends what you like but being rare should help with the price but it does require a desired taste I suppose, I wasn't a massive fan when I bought it but the retro style has grown on me.

(07-10-2014, 04:57 PM)ash23 Wrote: The fact is when we built the pump sunday in a ideal world new seals should have gone in but no place was open and chris needed a car for work. so we new it was going to be luck of the draw just hoped it would have lasted a little longer but hey ho i have a seal kit on order at my local place an will nip up and re seal the thing. Big Grin sell it chris and buy my estate lol

Yer that is true, never mind once it's sealed hopefully it'll be ok and I'll keep it. Let me no when seal kit comes and I'll get pump off, and Ok for estate Wink zx cheese power is the way forward Tongue

(07-10-2014, 05:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: Tbh £250. If your lucky.

Get it running and grow some balls

I don't need to grow some I have 2 and they work well seen as it's only 3 days till our baby's due date Wink it's worth more that £250 with out a doubt. I'll keep it then no way on this earth I'd let it go for any were near that rather scrap it first Smile

Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 05:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: It's worth more that £250 with out a doubt. I'll keep it then no way on this earth I'd let it go for any were near that rather scrap it first Smile

It's easy to say that as a seller though Chris, but in reality you'll really struggle to get more than £300.

You wouldn't get £250 scrapping it so that comment makes no sense either?!
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 05:24 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 05:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: It's worth more that £250 with out a doubt. I'll keep it then no way on this earth I'd let it go for any were near that rather scrap it first Smile

It's easy to say that as a seller though Chris, but in reality you'll really struggle to get more than £300.

You wouldn't get £250 scrapping it so that comment makes no sense either?!

I no I wouldnt but I'd rather take even less and scrap it rather than take £250. Carnt see why it's not worth owt.

Plenty mot, rare spec only 135'ish left on road......

Never mind I'll keep it might come off road for a bit why I get pump sorted.

Thanks given by:
I think Chris has plenty of experience in the car buying and selling world so he prob has the best idea Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 05:49 PM)Frosty Wrote: I think Chris has plenty of experience in the car buying and selling world so he prob has the best idea Smile

Think the sarcasm coming across strong there Tongue

Thanks given by:
I'll buy head studs - pm me
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 05:22 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I'll buy head studs - pm me

I'd have to sell car first if I was to sell them separately. If that was to happen I will give you first dibs.

Thanks given by:
whats the going rate for these head studs..? not poaching just wondering.

also dont get rid seal the pump up and make a tidy sleeper Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 05:55 PM)eskimogod Wrote: whats the going rate for these head studs..? not poaching just wondering.

also dont get rid seal the pump up and make a tidy sleeper Wink

Pump is getting resealed might still sell car tho unsure yet, all tho I'm still doing 100miles a day as it is, the pump isn't causing a big issue at the min, but it could turn in to a big issue but it'll soon be sorted thanks to ash again!

Studs second hand around £150-175 I'd say new I think about £220 or something around there via zx volcane.

Thanks given by:
So not much happening with car at min, had welder out this morning to fix my trailer so decided to do some bits on turbo, so welded the 3 inch v band on.

[Image: DSC_1194_zpsujpek77d.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1195_zpsnud3o9lo.jpg]

Then bodged oil drain Wink

[Image: DSC_1196_zpsnejqciah.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1197_zps95yen7r9.jpg]

Then I cut the original actuator bracket off.

[Image: DSC_1198_zpshgielhhy.jpg]

That's it for now really need a exhaust manifold and a long actuator so I can mock that up so if any one has one let me no Wink

Comments welcome Big Grin

Thanks given by:
THREE inch...flip me.

this spurned you on to keep at it with the ZX?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2014, 12:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: THREE inch...flip me.

this spurned you on to keep at it with the ZX?

Not really turbo can/will be able to fit any xud but I'll end up keeping it all this new tax business puts me off buying another car.

Yer don't do thing's by half's Tongue did 3 inch for my old gt20, that's on ash's estate now and goes well, I believe it was a massive arse ache to make it fit, but oh well 3 inch is the way forward Big Grin

Thanks given by:
So couple of little updates, most of my time is now taken up with this little beautie

[Image: IMG_20141014_203903_zpsu3ts88i1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20141014_084559_zpsw3jcspqd.jpg]

So manged to get a couple of hours, wired the electrics in on tow bar now, fitted the Gaz shocks and spent ages cutting re welding and pissing around to get the "back box" sorted but finally got there, all tho it hangs low for the cut out on bumper but if I lift it any more it hits tow bar.

[Image: DSC_1278_zpsvvjo2fdu.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1284_zpsorawbsks.jpg]

Ignore the rag on the tow bar that was there temporary just to soften the blow when it was hitting the tow bar will remove it once i know its stopped hitting should be good tho lifted it up in the center to cos was catching on speed bumps.

Oh and they was this photo shop that was done I'll like to carry on with it but seems like the person I was buying the wheels off Dosent want to sell them so I'll probably look for some more eventually.

[Image: 02_zpswhiaqdqg.jpg]

Next up is i really REALLY need to get the bosch pump sorted I've got another pump sat in shed ready to go on but struggling for time to get it done. Hopefully be some time this week but see what free time I get.

ALSO I need to find a exhaust manifold so I can carry on with the gt20 carnt do nothing with out one and seems like no one has one of they don't wanna help me out Undecided

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
stop moaning about the ruddy manifold lol ill get mine back this week just to make you happy Tongue
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2014, 10:49 AM)ash23 Wrote: stop moaning about the ruddy manifold lol ill get mine back this week just to make you happy Tongue

That would be Awsome! Then I'll moan I need an engine to mock it up on Tongue Wink Wink

Thanks given by:
You should keep it and finish it IMO. If it had the big turbo on and was lowered with a set of nice wheels like your photoshop it would look awesome.

Finish it and enjoy it at least then maybe sell lol
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 02:28 PM)rd070707 Wrote: You should keep it and finish it IMO. If it had the big turbo on and was lowered with a set of nice wheels like your photoshop it would look awesome.

Finish it and enjoy it at least then maybe sell lol

Pretty sure it'll be staying tbh but as you may know I change my mind daily one minute it's being scrapped next next min it's best car in world lol

Thanks given by:
I think we are all like that when you are always doing work to it etc but when you finish it you can enjoy it.

Plus over here in NI it would be worth a lot more lol
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 03:10 PM)rd070707 Wrote: I think we are all like that when you are always doing work to it etc but when you finish it you can enjoy it.

Plus over here in NI it would be worth a lot more lol

Wonder if I can sell it in ni then Wink Wink

Thanks given by:
Was board yesterday had half hour free so did this.

[Image: DSC_1319_zpsbour6y3a.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1318_zpsijkjk2cc.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1317_zpsedtaqx2e.jpg]

So bodged the actuator up was bit if a spear of the moment thing hopefully it don't get in way of exhaust manifold or inlet manifold, if not might be tricky to move it but sure I will sort it. Definitely nice and soild wontvbe going any were in a rush.

Thanks given by:
Will it move ok Chris with the kink?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 12:07 PM)Piggy Wrote: Will it move ok Chris with the kink?

Yer needs kink to move it from compressor housing, tried it with foot pump to check tho to make sure before I welded it and checked again after it moves fine.

Thanks given by:
So replaced pump today, to find it almost exactly the same not wanting to go over 3,000rpm, turns out there's air getting in the fuel pipes replaced most of pipe under bonnet with new clips and made it loads better but still not perfect so now I'm gonna get some 10mm fuel lines run asap.

[Image: DSC_1326_zpsbexjghzu.jpg]

New fuel filter housing
[Image: DSC_1327_zpszowpegzg.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1328_zps2rajukwu.jpg]

So got some 10mm pipe to run under car, had to order some 10mm clear off ebay tho as my local place didn't have any so have to wait for that to come so I can finsh it off. Hopefully get rid of all the air issues by fitting the 10mm pipe.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Gonna do the 10mm line in mine when the time comes but was wondering what you and others have done at the pickup end just leave it stock 8mm..

Glad you've found the running issues tho buddy Smile
Thanks given by:
What filter housing is that mate?

Does it go down to 8mm inside or keep the 10mm flow?

At least you now got something to work at! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 07:14 PM)eskimogod Wrote: Gonna do the 10mm line in mine when the time comes but was wondering what you and others have done at the pickup end just leave it stock 8mm..

Glad you've found the running issues tho buddy Smile

I'm sure the pick up is around 10mm it looks quite large, but if it is 8mm I'll have a small bit if 8mm the a reducer thing to lift it to 10mm that's what I did on my old vento.

(24-10-2014, 07:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: What filter housing is that mate?

Does it go down to 8mm inside or keep the 10mm flow?

At least you now got something to work at! Smile

It's the land rover one unsure if it continues the 10mm flow tbh I'd have to have a look but I'm sure the holes in the banjo bolts will restrict it more that the fuel filter head.

Thanks given by:
I used 10mm banjos but had to very carefully enlarge the inner restrictors on my fuel filter head as they were just under 8mm.

I found my in tank pickup was 10mm already ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 08:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: I used 10mm banjos but had to very carefully enlarge the inner restrictors on my fuel filter head as they were just under 8mm.

I found my in tank pickup was 10mm already ThumbsUp

I'll check that out, I know on my vento it made a big difference with the same set up so hopefully get same result with it on the zx, time will tell

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,531 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 54,519 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,867 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton